Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Did they resign?

I'm resigned to the fact that we are not going up this season.

If they did, then it shows they have had enough and it's time to move on for the benefit of the club. However, we will never know.

By the way, who woke you up you page 5 newspaper star and don't bring your big stirring spoon on here?

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
Is it true that the management team resigned asfter the Brentwood game, but the board refused to accept the resignation??
I doubt the board could force them to stay ,If they wanted to go they would .

Didnt Jim Chandler resign on one or two occassions and was coaxed back by Inner and outer circle members ?

I myself went up to ware on saturday Neil Hughes was unlucky to have a goal chalked off ,The offside was a disgrace , Romford's goal was deffo offside . decisions havent changed much there I'm afraid. There was at least 7-8 Towners there !!!!

Originally Posted By: backfour1
Well!! Anyone from the board care to let us in on what's happening?
Or are we only a "fans club" when it comes to taking money off us?

Thats a good shout , You seem to get that Impression of the inner circle dont you.

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner

I myself went up to ware on saturday Neil Hughes was unlucky to have a goal chalked off ,The offside was a disgrace , Romford's goal was deffo offside . decisions havent changed much there I'm afraid. There was at least 7-8 Towners there !!!!

sure sure

Originally Posted By: Gazza
"IF" they were serious they would be gone, none of this empty handed offers of "would you like us to resign", for the sake of the club lets make a decision one way or another & sort this mess out before its too late.

First and foremost, IF, an offer of resignation was made then it is most unprofessional for that information to be circulated by whoever it maybe. Bearing in mind an offer of resignation would be made to the board then some of the board members need to look at themselves and ask are they board member material in this case, pathetic.

One quality that has been brought to the Town with SB's introduction is that there are ground rules and code of conduct matters that need to be adhered too. Love them or loathe them but the likes of Tickner, Bastian, Crace, Hahn just to mention 4, could not come up to those standards and certainly not willing to do so either and that includes fighting for your place having been dropped. Additionally, with 3 of these herberts gone our yellow/red card counts will drop by 3 per game, its just Rudi and Jonesy who need reigning in from the 'old' guard on that front.Its a great shame Dave Allen walked out on Saturday in a huff, but he's just come back from a 3 month lay off, I like Dave, but the attitude has to be one where you stop leaving the club and then coming back again when it suits, for me its baffling. Dave-you stay and continue fighting for your place, thats football.

I feel there will be more poor results between now and the end of the season, expect them, however we will also have some victories too, a bit like how our season has gone to date.

We are not gonna get the right personnel in now as they will be committed to their clubs hopefully (otherwise i'd question their committments too) fighting for honours. But when the season ends I see that revolving door spinning more wildly than wonder woman, with the reccommendation of a total overhaul which includes a management team who will put in there own youth liasion officer, reserve team manager to support the first team in a united fashion with first class team spirit and some involvement within the community too, rather than all these side comments that are being made.

In my view Our club will need to start from new at the end of April.

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
Is it true that the management team resigned asfter the Brentwood game, but the board refused to accept the resignation??
I doubt the board could force them to stay ,If they wanted to go they would .

Didnt Jim Chandler resign on one or two occassions and was coaxed back by Inner and outer circle members ?

You c0ck.. even the Enfield site says Brad Jones was offside before their goal was chalked off. As for ours, was having a p!ss and missed it, but you can't chalk off goals retrospectively. Enjoy the rest of your season. grin

"Its a great shame Dave Allen walked out on Saturday in a huff, but he's just come back from a 3 month lay off, I like Dave, but the attitude has to be one where you stop leaving the club and then coming back again when it suits, for me its baffling. Dave-you stay and continue fighting for your place, thats football".

I wasnt there but I understand that Dave played on Tuesday against Witham. I haven't heard that the goai was his fault so why was he dropped. Because that is what happened. No wonder he was p****** off. I would have been as well. Dave is a loyal club member and gave his all for the club which is more than some other players that have been brought in have dont.

Personally i think its nice in a way that Dave walked off because this shows just how much he wants to play for the team, and is his way of showing his dissapointment at being left out.

That said, it does not look good for players who play well only to be dropped the following game, no wonder players are not playing to there full capabilities if this is how they get treated, players need to earn the right to pull on the town shirt and if they play well then they retain it the following game!

It's hard to comment being so far away in Australia, but I doubt that I have ever seen such a revolving door of players in one season. Jim Cunneen's stats page shows 52 players have played in the league this season and 53 in all games.

I was at the home game versus Ware on 30th September during a visit back to the UK. There is no team listed on the website, but if I take the 16 players listed in the game before the one I was at (Hillingdon on 23th September) and the 16 players on the team sheet against Brentwood on 28th February (the last game for which there is a report), there are only 4 names that appeared in both games - Walton, Allen, Hall and Remy. That's a massive turnaround in a 5 month period comprising only 17 league matches.

Success comes from consistency. All ETFC and its management team seem to be doing is trying to create a record for the most number of players used in one season. I recall there was a similar spell earlier in the season when goals were being leaked at an alarming rate. Nothing has changed except the names of the players.

In my view, there can be only a couple of reasons for this poor season - either the management team and its recruitment policy are an abject failure or the club lacks the appropriate level of funds to be able to recruit a decent management team and players. Maybe someone can shed more light on which one it is.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Originally Posted By: Bruce Darnell
......either the management team and its recruitment policy are an abject failure or the club lacks the appropriate level of funds to be able to recruit a decent management team and players.....

I believe its both Bruce, the management team, or teams as it has been this season, have clearly failed the club this season, thats not a personal view thats a fact, and we have always known there is only so far the club can go as a supporters owned club with the base we have & we seemed to have reached that now.

Oh for a Lee Harding now huh?