Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The talkof the shout box

Pagey

it seems they(canvey) have done a full 360 degrees and want the game re-arranged ,still hope common sense prevails but u never know with this league,i hope it does'nt come to thatfrown

Canvey are entitled to ask for a replay - I hope we would do the same in the same position. It's not about being 'nice'.

I still think we were a bit soft-hearted over the AFC Wimbledon thing a couple of years ago (and who was it who pipped us to the play-offs? That's right, AFC Wimbledon).

In any case our season is not going to boil down to one match. If we are relegated it will be because of results over nine months.

Well its splashed on the backpage of Isle of Thanet Gazzette,...this has to be the most daftest news item ive heard, ten mins to go , 4-0 up.... ten days later, you still not got your points (and may not now..unless you do win the possible replay).........give yourslef a round of applause Ryman league, and possibly Canvey two, (the board NOT the fans) good luck Margate

Very true RM,thanks for your post..BUT even a blind man could see that Canvey could not come back even to get a draw out off that game,also if the game has to be replayed,well it does leave it that any team getting beat with 10 mins to go just need to pull the plug and get it called off.

Just to cheer us all up, this is from the report of the game on the official Canvey Island site:

"Margate though seemed to adapt better to the conditions and deserved their victory over a Gulls

Originally Posted By: TonyM
.....well it does leave it that any team getting beat with 10 mins to go just need to pull the plug and get it called off.

Not really Tony, except if you have a contact at the National Grid who'll pull the plug on the whole town so that the initial lights failure looks like part of a bigger incident, rather than just a pulled plug at the ground.

As far as decision to request a replay, were the boot on the other foot and we were 0-4 down, badly needing the points to avoid relegation would we want the Club to take the moral high ground and accept defeat? ...or take a gamble, risking unpopularity and replay the game hoping to reverse the result?

peter are u taking the moral high ground, or defending (not making u wrong) your clubs stance on this dire situation. The sad fact is the more games that are played without a decision either way makes the squad(s)/fans anxious and feel like they are being ripped off, The question is HOW would u feel - I think the answer no matter what team u support would be HARD DONE BY.

Yes, I admit that I over shouted the case. As you say it's not just a matter of being right or wrong.

My personal viewpoint is that the result 4-0 to us should stand, but do understand the Canvey Board's viewpoint.

I don't agree that a decision to replay this particular game would be a licence to pull the plug.

I think the most important point of this whole matter is, as you point out, the length of time the Ryaman League are taking to make a descision.