Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Want to manage BTFC?

Well apparently, in Championship Manger 2009 (out 24th April), you can.

"Championship Manager 2009 is planned for a release in 24 April 2009[1]. A fully 3D match engine (using motion-captured movements to provide more than 500 animations per player) will be implemented for the first time, and it was anounced on February 6 that new English Leagues, the Isthmian, Southern and Northern Premier Leagues would be included in the game..."

Originally Posted By: Iron Webbo
"Cool...I've been managing Braintree in the 2008 version...

...and doing very badly. Although Hockers is scoring."

Careful not to upset the Chairman Gazza, the bloke's a fruit cake! wink

Only if you scratch his tractor...down our way they're undemanding pussycats.

IW, Did you know the Hx chappie has left

Probably have to buy it then! It's been a while since Ilve played it, think CM4 is the last version I have!

I remember that I made a hack for CM in 1999, where I put Billericay into the Conference league, with players like Leon Gutzmore, David Adekola and Billy Goldstone on the team sheet.

A lot of people downloaded the hack from my website... :-)

LOL. Well, I'm now mid table after beating Chelmsford 2 - 1 at home, Thurrock 3 - 0 away and Bromley 1 - 0 at home...so I'm happy. Hockers scored a hat trick at Thurrock...he'll want more money then evil

Per-Helge...I did the same on CM 2004 and put Billericay in the BSS. Then you had the proper players names, club details....etc., etc...so it wasn't a big ask to bugger about with the programme. The latest version is different...So I gave up and decided Braintree were my best option (I could've gone for Chelmsford but...ya know...I don't think I could've faced myself in the mornings). And Braintree had Hockers playing for them as well as Adrian Dean.

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC

LOL. Well, I'm now mid table after beating Chelmsford 2 - 1 at home, Thurrock 3 - 0 away and Bromley 1 - 0 at home...so I'm happy. Hockers scored a hat trick at Thurrock...he'll want more money then evil

Gaz, get em playing 4-5-1 - it'll get you to the top of the table and then you'll be told that you can't get the 'A' grading. Or did I dream that ...

• 2 weeks later...

Release date is now 3rd July. Below is a link to some screen shots most of them involve Ryman Premier teams [not much with BTFC in, only half a ticker-tape score and Billy top scorer in league goals table]

Managed to keep Braintree up in the BSS and I've kept my job...

Beat Wimbledon 1 - 0 away...

Not too sure I'll keep playing this one when the CM 2009 comes out and have the chance to manage my team...I expect the team will include Fergie and BWG.

I was reading an interview with one of the developers and he was saying that this has taken quite a lot of time to develop as the detail down to Ryman League level has to be as acurate as possible...looking forward to it.

I'm usually a Football Manager man, but will definitely be buying the new Championship Manager. We were on Football Manager back when we were in the Conference, but there wasn't much attention to detail whatsoever. Shame it's been delayed until the summer when I won't wanna be sat at home on the computer!