Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Will you be supporting this initiative?

I am supporting the Friends Giving Monthly initiative to raise funds, basically so the Fleet can continue to put out a team that can be competitive at the top end of the Non League game. Given that donations can be made directly to the club, rather than through MyFC, I wonder whether anyone else on here is minded to support the team in this way?

Link

Don't seize on the 1 grand figure quoted on the link as proof that response is minimal. As I understand it, this reflects money that was already going through on standing order before the scheme went public, as it was showing at this level already when the mass email went out on Monday.

Cheers

BT

Sorry, no.

As an ex member of MYFC, my payback was ownership, an input. The very thing that we never achieved of course.

Why would I give money to something that I will never enjoy, never go to?

Sell me something real, like shares, and I am interested.

The instigators of this and any money raising scheme have to realise that everyone needs some form of payback. Even if it is as nebulous as an updated position of some whale, or a letter from a kid in Africa. The fans will contribute, obviously, their payback is a continuance of their club and pride.

Fair enough, Apache. I always welcomed people who supported the idea but not necessarioy the club & felt it a pity that the payback was never enough to keep more on board the MyFC bandwagon.

As you say, this is an initiative for those who have The Fleet in their veins & was wondering how many of those there were on here now the official forum seems to soak up a lot of the traffic.

PS. However, as the previous poster points out, if you are so disinterested in the Fleet as a team, it does seem a little strange that you are frequenting an Ebbsfleet United forum, albeit an "unofficial" one.

Jeff, why shouldn't apache be here? He's interested enough to continue to post because he (or she, I don't know who apache is)knows what the problem is with MyFC (and therefore the problem for the Fleet) and is trying to ensure that other people realise.

Good luck BT with your efforts to help your club - and I can assure you, lots of people are watching this forum even though they may not be posting .... grin

Why do people have to give a reason? A lot of people use this forum and other forums on here just to troll or maybe to pass the time of day, but that is never questioned. I see people from varous clubs posting on various different forums - I have posted from time to time on Margate's, on Billericay's and on Basildon's and I don't follow the fortunes of any of those clubs. apache has a very genuine reason to be here! MyFC bought the Fleet, MyFC have messed it up and all committed MyFC members should now be trying to raise awareness of why that happened, so that things can be put right as soon as possible with as little damage as possible to the football club.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
apache, why are you here then?
You're ex myfc, dont support the club, wont go to it, wouldnt enjoy it.

Because given a chance I believe the original concept could work.

I will never go to a match because of geography. This is an Internet based project, it is a nonsense to suggest that we are all physically going to a match.

I am still disappointed that the club hasn't marketed directly to us. When you convince me that all hope has gone for a collaborative effort, then I will give up. In the meantime I have hope.

thanks Apache.

You said you would never enjoy it (the football club I assume) so wouldnt give.

Thats OK, but you also say you are disappointed the club hasn't marketed directly at "us" (ex myfcers?)

You cant go to a game logistically, and you dont want to just give money with no return of some sort, however nebulous

How would you like to see the club market itself to you?

do you think the club should email the ex myfcers directly, offer the Friends of the fleet package, ( a tankard, scarf or signed photo for example)?

thanks Apache.

You said you would never enjoy it (the football club I assume) so wouldnt give.
Thats OK, but you also say you are disappointed the club hasn't marketed directly at "us" (ex myfcers?)

You cant go to a game logistically, and you dont want to just give money with no return of some sort, however nebulous
How would you like to see the club market itself to you?

do you think the club should email the ex myfcers directly, offer the Friends of the fleet package, ( a tankard, scarf or signed photo for example)?

It is like pulling hens teeth. We went over this a thousand times.

The club markets traditionally to a handful of the world population who live within a few miles of the ground. It is still not possible to buy a ticket from the club website let alone anything else. MYFC is an internet venture yet only just recently did Brooks make live football possible.

Wicks has come up with a wall of bricks, but even that isn't online. Brooks got it half right by enabling online purchase of MYFC membership but didn't follow through.

This medium could allow exactly the participation originally envisioned. But a year down the line and where are we? Basically pass the bucket.

No, I don't won't to buy a mug. Market the product, FOOTBALL. How many Japanese/Chinese or Irish fans for that matter are full blooded Man U supporters, but never been near the place? I realise that the Premiership is televised but Ebbs could have been made available long before now.

Spurs Fan, unfortunately I feel it is too late now. The world has moved on. People don't want to stand in the pouring rain, eat [****!!****] and be taken for granted. It is a competitive world, you have to market.

It is not just me remember. If I was a lone voice fair enough, but over 70% of initially interested customers have walked. Understand why, and maybe something could be salvaged.

thanks for the reply Apache, Im sorry MYFC and Eufc wasn't what you'd hoped for.

thats not correct tho' jeff is it...? apache made it quite clear that they had bought into an internet concept of running a football club so although myfc was clearly not what they had hoped for ebbs never came into it...

as indeed you..as a dorking fan..have bought into myfc and seem quite happy with it.....

fair enough....takes all sorts to make the world go around...smile

I think there might well be mileage in directly targetting those MyFC people who took a conscious decision not to renew because, as they saw it the product didn't do what it said on the tin. However, most of them would not re-join MyFC would they? So video streaming games etc would have to be done elsewhere, with the access coming through signing up to the monthly payment scheme. Providing live video is expensive though & fraught with problems from tv rights people - especially to UK viewers.

Personally, I think the overwhelming majority of people who failed to renew, did not really make a conscious decision not to do so - they just got tired of/forgot about something which once briefly caught their imagination. They were never going to stick, but they did provide that first surge of money which made the whole unlikely venture a reality. Having said that, there's possibly enough people, like you, who would still like to be involved to make it worth the Club's while trying to do something about reeling them back again.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
thanks for the reply Apache, Im sorry MYFC and Eufc wasn't what you'd hoped for.

thats not correct tho' jeff is it...? apache made it quite clear that they had bought into an internet concept of running a football club so although myfc was clearly not what they had hoped for ebbs never came into it...

as indeed you..as a dorking fan..have bought into myfc and seem quite happy with it.....

for many who left myfc, choosing Ebbsleet as the club did make a difference to them. Its not geographically possible for apache to go, perhaps apache is overseas but Kent isnt easy from up north.
A middling conference side isnt going to get worldwide attention just as a footie club.

choice of club was a disappointment for many, perhaps not Apache.

Its good to be able to get some views on why myfc people left, so thanks apache.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

for many who left myfc, choosing Ebbsleet as the club did make a difference to them. Its not geographically possible for apache to go, perhaps apache is overseas but Kent isnt easy from up north.
A middling conference side isnt going to get worldwide attention just as a footie club.

choice of club was a disappointment for many, perhaps not Apache.

Its good to be able to get some views on why myfc people left, so thanks apache.

jeff you are not thick so try and comprehend....over 30,000 people bought into an internet based provident society that was going to buy and run a football club...20,000 of these have now departed ...as owners they didn't care what club it was...they read the tin and paid up.....sadly they were mugged....it didn't do what it said on the label did it...?

why is that so hard for you to understand.....?

20,000 ex members didnt all have the same reason for leaving, uncle.

choice of club was a reason for some of them.

I understand many thought they were going to own a share in a club, as in owning a share in any business. They dont, but not all of those left

Many thought they would pick the team, they havent. Not all of them have left.

20,000 leaving is a massive loss, not just financially but good people with plenty to offer left.

20,000 people left for maybe 2,000 reasons, some reasons can be sorted and corrected, some cant.

As apache says its not just apaches view , many will share it. He cant go to Kent but that doesnt seem to bother him, he could watch home games live at the moment if hes overseas, but it came too late. Hed like a share of the club not a years membership. That might be possible.

Understand why 70% left and we might be able to do something about it says apache.

Thats what Im trying to do.

Hed like a share of the club not a years membership. That might be possible.

own the club pick the team...surely it was always promised...?

Understand why 70% left and we might be able to do something about it says apache.

Thats what Im trying to do.

good luck...!!

They will never understand UU as they would rather believe the stupid myth that most didn't renew because they were all leeds fans!

Thousands expressed an interest but didn't have to part with their money untill feb last year, after Ebbsfleet was chosen. And that puts the leeds myth to bed as 27.000 signed up!

They signed up for what it said on the tin "own the club, pick the team"

TSF just dosen't get it people signed up to run a football club and were told they had a provident society as the vehicle to do that job.

The reality was much different and remains so, getting information to do the job properly was like pulling teeth, it was non excistant or drip fed by the real owner the power hungry Brooks.

The toothless society board worked to a different agenda to the one sold to the membership, it became very clear early on that that agenda was not in the best interests of the society.

The elite few had access to information and on the whole kept it to themselves. Those that continued to ask questions were rounded on, bullied and eventully banned.

The web team employed by brooks could bully safe in the knowledge that the bannings would never happen to them.

Board members Arithon and V among others used the Free site to quote society members out of context with the sole purpose of getting fellow members banned.

They broke society rules with impunity as and when it suited them, never giving the membership the reasons or proof why fellow members were banned, dispite this being in the rules of the kangaroo court, opps sorry disiplinary procidure.

The promice of a society of equals, one member one vote was shattered that very day, it was clear some members were more equal than others.

That action alone would have been one of the biggest reasons why many refused to renew.

But combined with the knowledge that the society was just a sham, and that the promise of having a real say in how the club was run, was also a lie as Brooks was running the show not the members.

TSF, i have to ask why you all want the answers why the majority didn't renew when the answers are obvious.

It was sold as a society before a club was chosen, but we never got a proper functioning society, and there still isn't one. There never will be either, as the plot has been lost.

P.S. I will not be supporting this initiative as giving money to the fleet is like pouring money down a drain.

With a history of not supplying any accounts of where all the money has gone in the past, how do we know where this money will end up.

Sorry but accountability and transparency is vitally inportant to me and i don't trust MYFC with pennies let alone pounds.