Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Will you be supporting this initiative?

I strongly dispute Jeff's contention that the choice of club was a significant factor in non-renewals. MyFC originals (not Johnny-come-latelies grin) were in it for the promise of a new way of running a football club - not to get a club near them. If I'd wanted to follow a club near me, I'd have thrown my lot in with Lancaster City FC which is 20 minutes' walk away from where I live - and all the other early joiners could have done the same. I wanted to RUN a club, not just follow one. People who joined later on either joined because they already followed EUFC, or were quite happy to have EUFC as the MyFC club - or else they wouldn't have joined, would they?

When Ebbsfleet was announced, proobably lots of keen first-day joiners rushed off (as I did) to look up Gravesend on the map - and then work out how to get there and how long it would take. That was part of the fun! Now we know the ridiculously-inaccessible location (for most of the members) did rule out match attendance for those who couldn't afford the time and/or the money to give up a full weekend fairly regularly - with an hotel stay to pay for on top of that. But I have to say again - this was about RUNNING a club, not trying to get to all the games.

Originally Posted By: Darter
I wanted to RUN a club, not just follow one.

Apologies to Darter for just higlighting this If she feels I have taken it out of context...

But most of those who signed up, did want exactly that - to RUN a club. To what extent, I dont know.
If it was all about picking the side, surely FM08 was the better choice.

Why didn't the project work? To my mind, any single internet based project with 30k plus members will struggle - those of you who use other forums, and seen them 'hi-jacked' by 3 or 4 others will understand my comment. From zero to 30k, all trying to promote something was always going to lead to losers and winners. And not always on the right side...

This will always be so with something popular. The most popular teams have many, many fan sites. Why? To allow those who want and demand a voice a chance to be heard - with 30k+ (or even 9k as it is now) why would EUFC be any different?

How can 30,000 run a club without the site being over-run with constant votes on boring [****!!****] - Lucozade v Powerade for the players half time drinks for example... What colour shirt, who is going to make it? Price of admission v player budget... Aero or Cadbury hot drinks... Surely all these should have been considered BEFORE the club was decided on... I wont go into the poll that out Leeds at the top of the most wanted club list

Maybe all this should have been decided on BEFORE the club was decided? Maybe?

This was the first INTERNET owened club, mistakes have been learned - lets hope they can be learned from in time...

Originally Posted By: billy nick

With a history of not supplying any accounts of where all the money has gone in the past, how do we know where this money will end up.

All the club's accounts up to 31st May 2007 are available and I'm assured that those to 31st May 2008 will be available by the end of the month.

Originally Posted By: billy nick

Sorry but accountability and transparency is vitally inportant to me and i don't trust MYFC with pennies let alone pounds.

However,the default option is to donate straight to the Club, not via MyFC.

Personally, I think the Club could get somewhere if they appraoched lapsed MyFC people directly. As has been pointed out, just asking for support for nothing, will not work with them as it will with people who have the Fleet running through them like the name of a resort on a stick of rock. However, I'm sure something could be devised if the right people gave it sufficent thought.

I'm back, still outspoken in my defence of all things Ebbsfleet, and still neutral on things MYFC.

I posted this today on the 'other' site.

By persuasive arguement and intelligent contructive debate, I shall try to bring this forum back into the safe hands of Ebbsfleet fans, as opposed to FreeMYFC's unnofficial forum.

"I think the problem with the whole MYFC venture was they have never really connected with the local fanbase - which in a way is to be expected as it was a worldwide internet based scheme.

That said, from the outset, MYFC should have recognised the input local supporters make to the club, and offer some incentives to join - free membership to season ticket holders and mini- season ticket holders, non season ticket holders get a loyalty card - 10 stamps = free membership and so on. It wouldn't have cost the earth (nothing), and would have demonstrated that the scheme truly encompassed the local fans as well,. The locals would hace been a tiny proportion of the membership - even now would represent less than 10%, but one would FEEL part of the MYFC thing.

I was going to suggest something on those lines to the club and MYFc, but I an unsure how it would go down.

In a old (and badly abused) thread on the old forum I suggested at least make the MYFC forum readable to club members. That was frowned upon by the members.

Now the more "volotile" members have gone - maybe it is somethingworth looking at again - MYFC needs everyone it can get. Having a peek into the workings and a preview of how the mechanism works might just attract a few more members.

Having said all that, I still thing the old board were left with little choice in who aquired the club. They are the only ones who will know how close the club was to going bust, but given the seemingly undue haste with which the takeover occured, my bet the club was perilously close to going under.

No rich buyer could be found, in steps MYFC to clear all the clubs and directors debts . What would anyone do given that choice?

Mistakes have been made, they were bound to happen given the radical idea that is MYFC, but it does look as if they are here to stay, in a tighter, reduced capacity. The non members who attend matches need to embrace MYFc , but at the same time, MYFC need to reach out and offer a branch of freindship to the locals. "

Discuss?

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
By persuasive arguement and intelligent contructive debate, I shall try to bring this forum back into the safe hands of Ebbsfleet fans, as opposed to FreeMYFC's unnofficial forum.

It is already in safe hands - couldn't be safer, actually. And it's nothing to do with freemyfc - it's everything to do with getting rid of Brooks which will save the club.
I hope that if open debate continues to take place here, we will be allowed the same on the Happy Forum, Gaz - I know you are a moderator there.

The problem is, sal, is that most of the supporters who actually attend games now see the benefit, financially at least, that MYFC have brought to the club. It has given the club a stay of execution that wouldn't have happened without them.

We still have a club that is playing the likes of Wrexham, Mansfield Burton and Stevenage rather that Sutton , Margate and Folkstone.

I am fully aware that there are arguements for and agin MYFC, as a neutral, I tend to see both sides rather more objectively than most.

Sure there have been some poor decisions, PTT,Own the club, etc wasn't brilliant advertising, but it was a steep learning curve. I agree the hard sell ought to be changed, but the overriding principle of MYFC is sound - 9000 or so still agree with it. They cannot all be wrong.

Asking a question and replying to other posters completely politely Gaz? The only abuse came from one other user.

Strange rules you have on there Gaz.

Why don't you tell us also what rule applied when you locked a thread the other day because you did not agree with a similar polite poster?

Oh and what about the 22,000 who didn't agree with it, and those whose renewals are coming up every day and who are also falling by the wayside?? And of course, a large number of the 9,000 were multiple-year members, like myself and loosely. You can only take into account those who actively renewed ... the rest is just froth and bubbles.

I'd like to suggest that if Gaz wants to continue an "Intelligent Debate" that he do it without stretching facts and breaking others.

It would be a good start.

"Now the more "volotile" members have gone - maybe it is somethingworth looking at again - MYFC needs everyone it can get."

Explain who these members are HG, as this statement coming from you who wouldn't part with 70p a week to be a member is very strange indeed.

Are you given a list of the so called volotile members or what!

The rules on the official forum are almost word for word identical to here.

It's just on the official forum, the moderators CARE about Fleet.

Do you actually support Ebbsfleet or care for the side , Loosey.

Or have you worked your way in as a mod as a means to an end.?

The thread in question was locked because 2 moderators agreed it was inappropriate and was in breach of the rules. End of.

The poster used the name of phillip, was Keith Routley, a person with an apparent grievance against MYFC.. He quit the forum and no longer (if he ever did?) supports Fleet.

The official forum is the place to discuss Ebbsfleet, the team, management,fans , opposition, refs.

MYFC and Freemyfc is discussed here. MYFC forum talks about.....I don't know as I have never seen it.

Sorry Sal, of course you can support Fleet and be neutral about MYFC.