Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player retained list

michael

Agree in principal SSS;although i reckon you need to aim for 2/3 players making the grade per season -and becoming PERMANENT players in the side-not just squad members.

if you get 2/3 per season-that really justifies the reserves imo..

Last season we had Smith making the grade.

This season Wheatley,Robinson (via Dover but in reserves in first half of season ) and Pratt -so its just about doing its job.

I have not included Quain and Taylor as the are currently more squad members as opposed to players who are there or there about every week.

Next season -Taylor Treadwell,Winnett and Gray could all make it ?

If we had more experience and a bit of class not just very average players we could do the Ryman South next year. I dont want us to stay up we deserve to go down and to be honest the standard of football last season was very very poor and we looked lioke a poor side. I dont what other people watched last year but what i watched wsa very sub standard with no real life to it sadly!!

Agreed but reality is we are staying in the Ryman Premier so must look for that extra bit of quality and class. TY clearly has contacts getting the likes of Liam Harwood in so we dont need to go down the route of picking up, for example, Ramsgate rejects who clearly arent good enough. I accept there are one or two who could do a job for us but the majority of them are woeful - so if they come knocking, TY should tell them where to go!

There will be plenty of clubs going bust over the summer (or dropping leagues). Even if it's only two - and Team Bath and Fisher are virtually guaranteed - we stay up. It will be more. We must prepare for Premier football and not get lesser quality for the lower standard. But yes quality must improve on last year.

I think you underestimate some of the players ability.

Need a bit of experience to supplement them-but most are improving;and the experience gained last season will be invaluable to them in the new `campaign.

i think we only need2/3 players with more experience/ability and this squad can achieve alot.

i guess it depends on one's aspirations though-for me-IF we remain in the premiership-a good season would be to finish circa mid table.

The players and club in general are not ready yet for Blue square south-save thsat for 2010/11 season

Originally Posted By: michaelmichael
i think we only need2/3 players with more experience/ability and this squad can achieve alot.

That for me is key. Experience and ability. Just hope we dont fall into the trap of recruiting dross because its convenient.

I think some people are thinking that the players are better than they are, which they are not even with tim emost of them are not up to the job to be honest. Why do people try and be nicey nicey about all this how ever young or old the players are. The supporters dont deserve the drivle served up as last season as it was really poor just so average and if ya happy watching that well enjoy another 20 or so defeats again enjoy !!! i wont

You may be right RB- but as i posted-it depends on your expectations for next season.

Are you living up to your name of realistic blue ?

Lets assume (still a big assumption imo ) that we remain in the premiership.

if you wish to win the league and get 100 points-you are absolutely correct-needs better/older/expensive players.

Just one thing RB-can you give the club an additional

I agree mid-table stability would be fine. But we need to ignore the rubbish sniffing around - I hear there are a few thinking we are going to take anyone on - and concentrate on bringing in, as you say, experience and ability. TY needs to spell out that we are still a proper football club and not a rejects hostel.

I agree MM - bring in a decent keeper and striker and keep our better players i.e Wilson, Young and Stubbs and we will be ok if we stay up. Go down and I fear we will lose our best players and be left with kids and rejects and ironically may struggle more in the lower league.

Originally Posted By: The Realistic Blue
Tell me why are we staying in the premier league then, because if we have the same side as last year forget it its goodnight Vienna lol

Cammel Laird have also been demoted from the Unibond Premier subject to appeal. If this happens Whitby would keep their place automatically and we will be saved because of Team Bath. I don;t think the appeal is until June though.

What a joke all this guessing if someones up or down i think if ya finish in the relegation area u should go down this would stop all the rumours and to be honest its all a farce ifs or buts we dont deserve to stay up by default. If i was honest id keep just one player Young the rest goodbye im sorry to say. What a joke that Cray will be above us if we go down its a disgrace 7 years ago there was 5

4 leagues between us and now we could land up playing VCD thats five leagues am i mad or are u lot happy with this on the forum or you honestly think the club isnt a shambles, how can u make excuses for this or are some of you board puppets i wonder???

Agreed the league situation is a shambles and I agree we should go down...BUT we wont so must plan accordingly. I also agree we need some quality and experience in. I think, apart from the last game(!), our defence did well or should we say better. Harwood obviously helped, Youngy is quality, I liked the look of Haversoon, Wheatley is a good prospect, Smithy is back and Ben Lewis seems to have joined - not bad options for the centre back position!

Im making no excuses at all, just saying we will stay up so lets ensure we get quality and not dross in.

Im just fed up people saying dont complain just sit back and take it [****!!****] that i say, that was one of the worse teams ive seen last year. How can u make excuses ifs buts u make your own luck dont come out with statistics the only statistic is we are down if i was a player id be embarrised getting a pardon from relegation. we were not unlucky in anyway to be honest watching alot of the games we were lucky to get some are points gained last year!

Unfortunately you must be one of those who's glass in 'comp-letely empty' all the time. As MM has already said, and correctly, if you want to disect the season accurately we missed 16 points through early keeping errors with SCS, who I kept hearing at the beginning of the campaign was 'above average' both on here and on the terraces. He was woefully inadequate and only there for the money IMO. Other mistakes in both midfield and predominantly defence, in the last 15 mins, of games again early in the season cost the club dearly.That was down to inexperience, nerves and possibly ability but not all of those things against any one player.

There are players in the squad that should be retained, no names- no packdrill, probably 4/5 in number. With the addition of 'quality' and still probably young players and a mix of experience and I will have a very large bet with you that it will be top three finish for the team.

Nice theory but always subject to budget, players wanting to play for Margate next season(COMING TO TRIALS AT LEAST)and that others that TY and NS already know about that are intersted.

You can bang on about last season all you like but it's 'next season' now and you have to remember the real world out there is bloody unpleasant for clubs much higher than us so what chance do we stand of acheiving your expectations.

You may do well to just sit back, relax and wait and see.

IMO you, and several others, probably your mates too, will be pleasantly suprised. Just my twopenneth but, please, stop ripping the lads from season so much. They and the club did the best they could with what they to work with.

Have you ever tried making a lawnmower from a squeezy bottle and an egg box and velcro???? it's bloody difficult let me tell you...........