Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bethnal Green United

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup

Face facts Rhodes you are one sugar coated cocksniff..

Coup - So what's that when it's at home. The fact is that GAFFA1's Bethnal Green United will be a very colourful and welcome addition to an otherwise fairly dull and mediocre Essex Senior League.

Guest MOB on the rock
Originally Posted By: Hookey
I'll give you that. I went to school by Teesdale Street, it was St Bernard's RC School for Boys (Annex). The main school was in Wood Close, the same school Ronnie and Reggie went to!!!

Explains a lot. smile

Re Rita, you didn't miss anything. grin Though she did give me extra mash at Kelly's Pie & Mash shop.

My cousins went there nice school I heard, although used to get slaps from Daneford boys in Chesire Street and smashed in sports by Cardnal Pole.

I'll give you that. I went to school by Teesdale Street, it was St Bernard's RC School for Boys (Annex). The main school was in Wood Close, the same school Ronnie and Reggie went to!!!

Explains a lot. smile

Re Rita, you didn't miss anything. grin Though she did give me extra mash at Kelly's Pie & Mash shop.

I never even got a nosh, let alone any extras.. frown

Originally Posted By: MOB on the rock

Explains a lot. smile

My cousins went there nice school I heard, although used to get slaps from Daneford boys in Chesire Street and smashed in sports by Cardnal Pole.

MOB when did your cousins go there? But I'm assuming when you say nice it's sarcastic? Daneford used to get bashed all the time and when I was there we always beat Cardinal Pole!

Folks - Just to let those of you know who haven't as yet seen it, GAFFA1 is all over the Non League Today Website like a rash following Bethnal Green United's amazing season, he's never out of the news lately is he:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=57961

• 1 month later...

I see that Bethnal Green United are all over the Non League Today website like a rash but then again what's new:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=58775

Quote:

Promoted club can't wait for new challenge
24 June 2009

BETHNAL Green United were celebrating late last week with the news that they have been promoted to the Essex Senior League for next season.

The elevation - a jump of two standards - for the Tower Hamlets club was warmly welcomed by manager Justin Gardner, pictured, who steered the Greens to a league and cup double in the Middlesex Senior League last season.

"I know the standard, as I played for Eton Manor in the Essex Senior three or four seasons ago and while I would want to recruit five or six more players, I don't feel we need any more players. Many of our boys have played at a higher standard than the Middlesex Senior, so they will be able to make the jump without problems," says Gardner.

Gardner plans to have a 25 strong squad for the Essex Senior League, saying that number is similar to the size of squad that won the Middlesex League.

"We need to have cover in every position and for every eventuality.

"We can't wait to get started in the new league.

The East London Advertiser is also full of the Club's amazing achievement (see above) and if the season started tomorrow it wouldn't be soon enough for GAFFA1.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Quote:

Promoted club can't wait for new challenge
24 June 2009

BETHNAL Green United were celebrating late last week with the news that they have been promoted to the Essex Senior League for next season.

The elevation - a jump of two standards - for the Tower Hamlets club was warmly welcomed by manager Justin Gardner, pictured, who steered the Greens to a league and cup double in the Middlesex Senior League last season.

"I know the standard, as I played for Eton Manor in the Essex Senior three or four seasons ago and while I would want to recruit five or six more players, I don't feel we need any more players. Many of our boys have played at a higher standard than the Middlesex Senior, so they will be able to make the jump without problems," says Gardner.

Gardner plans to have a 25 strong squad for the Essex Senior League, saying that number is similar to the size of squad that won the Middlesex League.
"We need to have cover in every position and for every eventuality.

"We can't wait to get started in the new league.

The East London Advertiser is also full of the Club's amazing achievement (see above) and if the season started tomorrow it wouldn't be soon enough for GAFFA1.

Different rules in the ESL Cecil. You're only allowed eleven men on the pitch at any one time and (I think) three substitutions allowed out of a max of five on the bench!