Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Waltham Abbey 1 - 1 Concord Rangers (5-4 on pens)

Well, what can I say. Taking my Canvey hat off for a moment and looking at the game, it seemed to me like you players froze on the big stage. On Tuesday the team spirit that your lads showed was superb, and there was plenty of talking and encouragement all round, especially from Hayzleden. However, today it seemed as though perhaps the moment got the better of them, and following the positivity of Tuesday, all I could see was Concord players having a go at each other.

Again, in my honest opinion, Waltham Abbey were the better side, and must have forced 10 or so corners in the first half without seriously testing Dale. However, Concord always looked dangerous on the break, with the pace of the two black lads really causing Waltham Abbey problems.

In the second half, I really thought it was going to be your day when you scored against the run of play. However, Elmes' goal to equalise was a blinder. Dale made a great save just before full time, and they stuck on just wide. He was perhaps slightly lucky to stay on the field after the foul on the edge of the area, but then pulled of a quality save from the resulting free kick.

The pens were nervewrecking even for me, and when Dale saved their 5th one I again thought it was Concord's name on the cup. However, a good save by their keeper followed by Billy Holland (who missed the pen for Redbridge v us in last season's final, now that's bottle) netting to win it. Bet he exorcised a few demons there.

Overall, you guys must be really proud of what you have achieved in your first season in the Ryman. This time next season I would be very surprised if you haven't already been crowned Champions, as the year under your belts will do you no end of good I'm sure. In the grand scheme of things, you may even find that not going up will give you a more solid platform for the future.

Oh well, with my Canvey hat back on, where was the singing Ant & Mike wink

And didnt say hello... Coupy...

Where did you watch the game from...?

Still cant believe the bar is in a different postcode to the ground, looked like even more of a sh1thole than i remember it...

I watched the first and most of the second half from the corner flag nearest the turnstiles. In extra time I wandered over to behind the Concord dugout and annoyed the Krankies for a bit. I liked the bar.. good staff and

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup
I watched the first and most of the second half from the corner flag nearest the turnstiles. In extra time I wandered over to behind the Concord dugout and annoyed the Krankies for a bit. I liked the bar.. good staff and