Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Constitution 09/10

Does anyone know anything?

Not going to go into the whole 13 point thing, but I'm guessing the Southern League will do their upmost to ensure we don't escape relegation.

I have contacted Mike Appleby at the FA and a large majority of the SSML committee and have no indications or replies, as yet.

I'm guessing that we will have to wait until Tuesday!!

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

Premier Division
AFC Hornchurch
Ashford Town (Middx)
Aveley
Billericay Town
Bognor Regis Town
Boreham Wood
Canvey Island
Carshalton Athletic
Cray Wanderers
Dartford
Harrow Borough
Hastings United
Hendon
Horsham
Kingstonian
Maidstone United
Margate
Sutton United
Tonbridge Angels
Tooting & Mitcham United
Waltham Abbey
Wealdstone

Division One North
Brentwood Town
Cheshunt
Concord Rangers
East Thurrock United
Enfield Town
Great Wakering Rovers
Harlow Town
Heybridge Swifts
Ilford
Leyton
Lowestoft Town
Maldon Town
Northwood
Potters Bar Town
Redbridge
Romford
Thamesmead Town
Tilbury
VCD Athletic
Waltham Forest
Ware
Wingate & Finchley

Division One South
Ashford Town
Burgess Hill Town
Chatham Town
Chipstead
Corinthian-Casuals
Croydon Athletic
Dulwich Hamlet
Eastbourne Town
Fleet Town
Folkestone Invicta
Godalming Town
Horsham YMCA
Leatherhead
Merstham
Metropolitan Police
Ramsgate
Sittingbourne
Walton & Hersham
Walton Casuals
Whitstable Town
Whyteleafe
Worthing

Not the SSML I know but some of you may be interested in seeing the Ryman League Constitution for next season.

It looks like Biggleswade Town will have some travelling to do next season, Wader must be glad he has jumped ship:

AFC Sudbury

Arlesey Town

Atherstone Town

Aylesbury United

Barton Rovers

Beaconsfield SYCOB

Bedworth United

Biggleswade Town

Bromsgrove Rovers

Burnham

Bury Town

Chesham United

Hitchin Town

Leighton Town

Marlow

Romulus

Rothwell Town

Slough Town

Soham Town Rangers

Stourport Swifts

Sutton Coldfield Town

Woodford United

Scottie DTFC - It would appear that you will become a regular poster on here with Dunstable Town joining the SSML Premier Division next season so welcome to the SSML fold, we're a friendly bunch so I'm sure you will feel at home. How do you feel about your demotion from the BGB Midlands Division, you say you are pleased about it due to the travelling involved but the 13 point deduction and

Certainly will be from now on. The whole affair has left us a little shell-shocked, but much wiser in hindsight.

Last season we had a complete new committee and chairman, so we've had quite a steep learning curve and will be better for it this coming season.

Can't wait for Aug 8th...

I'm always a little suspicious when a Club announces, after getting caught with its trousers around its ankles, that it made a 'mistake' when an unregisterred player is played. If they have a compitent Secretary which, lets face it, every Club should have then that would never happen in a million years.

Scottie, welcome into the Fans Focus Forum fold, I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun. Didn't George Best play for you for a game or two in the late seventies?

I went to Creasey Park earlier this season for a FA Sunday Cup match and took my place in the grandstand amongst empty bottles of Stella Artois and spent Johnnies.

Where did it all go wrong? crazy

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles

Scottie, welcome into the Fans Focus Forum fold, I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun. Didn't George Best play for you for a game or two in the late seventies?

I went to Creasey Park earlier this season for a FA Sunday Cup match and took my place in the grandstand amongst empty bottles of Stella Artois and spent Johnnies.

Where did it all go wrong? crazy

Samuelsmiles - You're a real George Best fan I see. Wasn't Barry Fry manager at Dunstable Town when George played there briefly.

George Best did play for us, three times, all in friendlies. Barry Fry had been promoted to Player/Manager and asked George to turn out for Dunstable Town. They had roomed together when they were at Man Utd. The friendly against Man Utd Res, which Dunstable won 3-2, Best set up two and scored the other, in front of over 10,000 fans. That was my very first Dunstable Town match back in 1974.

As for Creasey Park, I'm afraid our previous chairmen were more interested in skimming the clubhouse than investing in the facilities, so the ground has been neglected for many years. The Chavs do get in the main stand of a weekend and do get up to allsorts!!

But there is some good news. We are about to embark on a new dawn at Creasey Park, which will be developed into a football hub, with a

Quote:

From nonleaguedaily.com:

Work on redeveloping British Gas Business Southern League Division One Midlands club Dunstable Town's ground looks set to get under way in the New Year.

The present Creasey Park ground will be flattened as part of the new modular design, which will result in an enclosed football facility with a capacity of around 3,000.

Chairman Peter Burgoyne said: "It's progressing quite well. The latest is that they start construction in January.

"The development is getting along. It's been slightly held up because of the change from South Beds District Council to Central Beds and an election between now and then.

"Planning has been approved and it will be a magnificent facility.

"Everything that's there, with the exception of the pitch, will be flattened.

"It can be added on to at any time."

There will also be new changing rooms and a floodlit artificial pitch.

As a result, the club will not incur any running costs from the facility, but there are question marks over how they will generate income.

Burgoyne added: "The problem is it doesn't come under the control of Dunstable Town. The only problem I can see is how we can generate revenue."

Scottie DTFC - I see that this was posted on another Forum which pretty much endorses what you say, where will you play whilst Creasey Park is flattened and rebuilt.

They intend to work around us, as we have insisted all along that we did not want to leave the site. We will have temporary changing rooms in place in the new year and sort the pitch out during the next close season and push the clubhouse over last. Should all be finished for the start of 10/11 season. That's the plan anyway!!

Scottie DTFC - I assume you have informed the SSML hierarchy of this as the work will be disruptive, they won't want any excuses in January that you can't play at Creasey Park for whatever reason, for example Central Bedfordshire District Council turning round and playing the Health and Safety card.

Can't see that happening to be honest. Despite our previous chairman's best efforts at pissing the council off, our current committee have worked very hard and very well with the district council to get this project back on the right track. They have made every effort to accommodate us. To be honest, without AFC Dunstable and us, they are left with an expensive white elephant, so it is in their interest to look after us.

Scottie DTFC - This is an interesting link and tells us everything we need to know about the exciting development:

http://afcdunstable.com/news.php?n_id=88

Originally Posted By: Scottie_DTFC
Certainly will be from now on. The whole affair has left us a little shell-shocked, but much wiser in hindsight.

Last season we had a complete new committee and chairman, so we've had quite a steep learning curve and will be better for it this coming season.

Can't wait for Aug 8th...

So are the people who made this "error" still at the club?