Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML 09/10 Kick Off

Richard193 - I'm not entirely sure what you mean, I was just as surprised and disappointed as everybody else that Southill Alexander weren't accepted into the SSML

I mistook you then Clifford, I had thought that you were questionning the lack of a Plan B or you not being aware of one. Of course, you were being helpful.

Loosely - So was there a Plan B firmly in place then as the press article indicates that the Club were left scrabbling around at the last minute to find a league to play in next season when the SSML slammed the door shut.

When in doubt, always place your faith in the press Clifford and you can't go far wrong.

Quote:

Steve Foster, manager of Molten Spartan South Midlands League applicants Southill Alexander, confirmed to nonleaguedaily that there was a great initial interest shown towards his club`s new website going live at 5pm last Friday.

Foster said:

Rhodes, I am struggling to see where in the artcicle you have just pasted it implies or indicates that "the Club were left scrabbling around at the last minute to find a league to play in next season when the SSML slammed the door shut."

Of course, I am not reading between the lines or interpreting it to say what you say it does. My bad.

Of course SAFC wanted to be successful in their application to the SSML, it is a good league with some great clubs to compete against in all divisions.

As a question to you, when applying for a job or post, do you say upfront that if unsuccessful you will be applying elsewhere?

My apologies, I have just seen that you have edited your last post. Of course you display a positive attitude or optimism whilst waiting for a decision.

Quote:

Imagine a brand new non-League football club started up from scratch. Where should it be? How would you set it up? Who would set it up? How would you fund it? Who would own it? How much involvement would owners have in the club? Want promises made to be promises kept? Did you believe that given the right people, an Internet run club could succeed?

Southill Alexander Football Club is the idea born on FreeMyFC, its name was chosen by debate and popular consensus, its team colours, badge and ethos all owned jointly.

An entirely self-appointed board of directors decided to fill in the gaps, now they are nearly ready to share the infrastructure they have put in place for those interested to join them in owning their own club - one which will start playing in the 2009/10 season.

SAFC's board of directors have agreed a groundshare with Biggleswade Town and Southill Alexander have applied to join the Molten Spartan South Midlands League.

They hope to be accepted into Division One and are waiting to hear whether the application will be successful following the League's Management Committee meeting in mid-May.

Southill Alexander will be a unique model, based partly on a traditional non-League club, part-funded by sponsorship, part-funded by owners with a real shareholding and part-funded by a club website membership.

The club's directors will manage the day-to-day responsibilities and financial management of the basic infrastructure of running the club, fulfilling its commitment and obligations to Biggleswade Town, the league and its players, whilst taking advice and sharing some of the initial decision-making. Club website members will control their own funds and direct the development of the club, website and promotion of the club and membership, assisted by the board. Picture it as two circles overlapping and shareholders increasing control as time goes on. Trust is a commodity that will only prove itself when promises are kept.

Southill Alexander needs a comparatively small amount of shareholders and members compared to other projects that have offered as much but delivered less. During year one a maximum of one thousand shares will go on offer and will be limited to a specific number per person but no matter what your shareholding, owners will all have an equal vote.

The lifetime minimum of ownership of one share will entitle owners to take up Club Website Membership, set at a yearly subscription.

Southill Alexander

Southill Alexander have applied to join the Molten Spartan South Midlands League.

They hope to be accepted into Division One and are waiting to hear whether the application will be successful following the League's Management Committee meeting in mid-May.

"Have applied" "Hope to be accepted" "Waiting to hear".

- Wheres the confusion? No assumptions, no cockiness, no "Bigging it up".

In all our communications with the SSML we understood them to be happy with the information we provided, any clarifications requested were very reasonable and overall extremely cordial and professional. Whatever their decision, is theirs to make. We very much hoped to be accepted, as I have said, some very good teams to compete with but its the same case in other leagues. We or I would hope that we paid them the deference that was their due in not talking about Plan Bs, Plan Cs or Ds and pre-empting or pressuring their deliberations, rightly or wrongly just not the done thing.

I appreciate that many SSML supporting Forum posters will have taken great interest in this but at the end of the day, for whatever their reasons and opinions they are entitled to them but all SAFC want to do is play football competitively, what else really matters.

I know what you are asking, but from my perspective once I say what and how Plan B is or how it came about will only bring on further questions about a Plan C and D. Pointless and in a way, insulting.

You have not taking the opportunity to answer my question. Not surprising.

Originally Posted By: loosely

As a question to you, when applying for a job or post, do you say upfront that if unsuccessful you will be applying elsewhere?

This issue seems to have escalated out of all proportion when I merely asked whether the Club had applied to join league's other than the SSML, as was the case with Baldock Town last season, it's you who mentioned assumptions, cockiness and bigging it up which I'm sure didn't cross anybody's mind. Surely it made no odds whatsoever if the SSML knew that you had other irons in the fire, why would that make any difference and the same sort of principle can be applied to your question, it's always best to be open and transparent with people.

While you don't actually answer my question I hardly feel that you have much to say on the subject of openess and transparency. Whatever your answer actually is, the question is known as a closing question. You answer one way, it makes the point, you answer another way, you look just a little silly. Man up.

A Plan B is now in place, whether or not we have a Plan C or D will now be discussed by me as much as the Plan B was while Plan A was in action.

Far from wishing to become part of the Rhodes Show as your sidekick I'll let you have the last word and allow SSML posters have their thread back.

so im a league secretary, two teams apply to join my league, club A tell me they have applied for no other league while club B tell me they have 'other irons in the fire', surely im going to be more prone to pick club A aware of the fact that club B could turn round and say 'thanks but no thanks'.

come on Rhodes keep up mate.

Richard193 - That's an interesting assessment of a given situation and I wonder how many members will agree with you. Personally, for what it's worth, I believe that both Clubs, ie Club A and Club B, should be treated equally, furthermore what is preventing Club B lying through their teeth and making out they have no other irons in the fire.

Just caught up on this thread after busy weekend & basically I'm gobmacked. Cliff you've really stooped low now mate. I only chatted to you on Saturday & told you we were trying to keep our heads down & concentrate getting our acceptance & you come on here trying to make a big issue of everything. I've met you at games & socially & you're a decent guy, but why do you have to turn into such an antagonising to$$er when you get behind a keyboard. I know you want to concentrate more now with Tokyngton Manor & good luck to you with that, but that is no reason to turn on us so vindictively. And before you answer back saying it's just a game & a laugh, I can tell you it's not ! Alot of people are working hard & putting a great deal of effort in this venture & it doesn't deserve to be dragged through the mire because it's 4:30 am & you're bored !

To say I'm disaappointed is an understatement, we've supported you before in the past when other forum members have ganged up on you, so for you to start up on us like this really poor form.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

I suppose questions have been asked as to why the Club put all their eggs in one basket and didn't apply to join other leagues like Baldock Town cleverly did last season, I think they had about three options available to them.

SydLexic - This was my original question asked in all innocence and with no hidden agenda so I was surprised and disappointed to read your post. I'm sure everyone was taken aback when the SSML turned down Southill Alexander's bid, did they give a reason.

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
why do you have to turn into such an antagonising to$$er when you get behind a keyboard.

Because that's the real person. On another thread recently he said that, having met Del Deanus at the six-a-side tournament last weekend, that he would "never have another bad word to say about him". You do have to ask yourself the question why he felt the need to have bad words about Del in the first place, not to mention countless others he's been vitriolic to on these forums without ever having met the individuals concerned.

I know you want to concentrate more now with Tokyngton Manor & good luck to you with that, but that is no reason to turn on us so vindictively.

But he feels he's been shown the door by Southill Alexander so he will be vindictive towards you as it's the most natural way for him to be. Haringey Borough & Kentish Town both had valid reasons for showing him the door and he's been vindictive towards both of them ever since so you won't be treated any differently.

To say I'm disaappointed is an understatement, we've supported you before in the past when other forum members have ganged up on you, so for you to start up on us like this really poor form.

And don't you feel silly now?

Originally Posted By: Football Man

I know you want to concentrate more now with Tokyngton Manor & good luck to you with that, but that is no reason to turn on us so vindictively

Football Man - I wondered how long it would take you to get in on the act. For your information I haven't even committed to Tokyngton Manor for next season, there are a number of interesting offers currently on the table including Bethnal Green United, working hand in hand with GAFFA1 appeals to me.

Originally Posted By: Football Man

But he feels he's been shown the door by Southill Alexander so he will be vindictive towards you as it's the most natural way for him to be

Just one more point for your information, I never considered myself as 'being formally or officially onboard' at Southill Alexander so how can I have been shown the door by the Club before a ball has been kicked in anger, you're talking nonsense.

Coup - So you're saying that I would have just been 'Club Gopher' at Southill Alexander, perhaps it has all worked out for the best then as I know you're a man with your finger firmly on the pulse.