Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML 09/10 Kick Off

Well seeing as you are fvcked off by most clubs you associate with after a remarkably short period of time, it appears even that task is beyond you. Still, ask Justin nicely and he might let you do the Pie and Mash run for Bethnal Green next season.. well until the end of August at least..

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

I suppose questions have been asked as to why the Club put all their eggs in one basket and didn't apply to join other leagues like Baldock Town cleverly did last season, I think they had about three options available to them.

SydLexic - This was my original question asked in all innocence and with no hidden agenda so I was surprised and disappointed to read your post. I'm sure everyone was taken aback when the SSML turned down Southill Alexander's bid, did they give a reason.

That may well be the case Cliff, but why couldn't you pick up the phone, e-mail or even PM the question ? It didn't need to be posted up on here, especially when you were told on Saturday morning what our options were !

stay calm stevie..now you know why I actively sought to lobby his non involvement with you guys.....shocked

cliffs a sad old soul and I have always resisted the bullying which he received from the mods on here (still going on it seems...poor form) but I also understood his insecurities and his wind up manifesto on this forum which to be fair was probably warranted given the sh1te he had to put up with over his personal life which went completely unmoderated........he is also quite good at it you have to admit...smile

I looked after his kids for him all over the xmas hols and gave them free ice rink/fair ground access as well as clothes to keep them warm and a nice bunch of dustbins they all are as well....a pleasure really but during that time cliff was in the internet cafe on shepherds bush green hitting the keyboards all day and thats his pleasure...football activity does not come into it...the internet is where its at with cliff and to be fair to him he only gave back what he got so FM and all the other clever fckers need to look into a few mirrors as well...they are not blameless...

I care little really as I will be in the carib for a year come october and all this bollox can whistle....grin but I am disappointed in his comments about SAFC but he had the chance to get involved but never once did and never once contributed anything at all to the newly formed wet baby...

I guess he never really wanted to....

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup

Still, ask Justin nicely and he might let you do the Pie and Mash run for Bethnal Green next season.. well until the end of August at least..

You give the impression that you know GAFFA1 but I'll wager you have never met the great man, it's a shame Bethnal Green United's path to the Essex Senior League won't cross with Romford's next season however I can't see you lasting five minutes in the competitive Ryman League Division 1 North so see you at the Mile End Stadium in 2010/2011.

Unc - I was quite taken aback by your post, don't you think that you and Syd Lexic have over reacted slightly to my innocent comments as all I asked was why Southill Alexander's application had been knocked back by the SSML and why there appeared to be no other irons in the fire, surely they are fair questions to ask. I have never verbally committed myself to the Club for next season hence not rolling up my sleeves other than to supply an early draft Constitution and suggest an Assistant Coach who was welcomed with open arms, that's not exactly 'contributing nothing at all to the newly formed wet baby' and besides there appeared to be plenty of hands on deck willing to get their hands dirty. As I don't drive I'm sure you can appreciate that it will be difficult and expensive to travel to Biggleswade by train every other week as well as to out of the way grounds such as Meppershall AFC, Marsh Leys, Renhold Village, Sandy 'A' and Flitwick Town Reserves.

Oh, Clifford, its amazing how seriously people take themselves, for a brief moment in time we took you seriously.

Why don't you just find whatever friends you have left and work on keeping them?

Unc - I was quite taken aback by your post, don't you think that you and Syd Lexic have over reacted slightly to my innocent comments as all I asked was why Southill Alexander's application had been knocked back by the SSML and why there appeared to be no other irons in the fire, surely they are fair questions to ask. I have never verbally committed myself to the Club for next season hence not rolling up my sleeves other than to supply an early draft Constitution and suggest an Assistant Coach who was welcomed with open arms, that's not exactly 'contributing nothing at all to the newly formed wet baby' and besides there appeared to be plenty of hands on deck willing to get their hands dirty. As I don't drive I'm sure you can appreciate that it will be difficult and expensive to travel to Biggleswade by train every other week as well as to out of the way grounds such as Meppershall AFC, Marsh Leys, Renhold Village, Sandy 'A' and Flitwick Town Reserves.

lol thats quality cliff and really made me chuckle.....SAFC will go where they need to go and some of those places seem real exotic grin....but its not the destination cliff...its the journey thats interesting and so it shall be wherever that journey is next season....

take care now mate and I wish you well, whatever you do....you will however have to take on these forum SSML bandits on your own now as previous protection has been withdrawn by all I'm afraid...

I know you can deal with it and you love it all really....

god bless...xx

As I don't drive I'm sure you can appreciate that it will be difficult and expensive to travel to Biggleswade by train every other week as well as to out of the way grounds such as Meppershall AFC, Marsh Leys, Renhold Village, Sandy 'A' and Flitwick Town Reserves.

Absolute quality Rhodes...Jeeez...i do believe you are actually starting to grow on me evil
Don't let the purple helmets bully you...report them to the GM wink

You've got a lot of luv to give.

As I don't drive I'm sure you can appreciate that it will be difficult and expensive to travel to Biggleswade by train every other week as well as to out of the way grounds such as Meppershall AFC, Marsh Leys, Renhold Village, Sandy 'A' and Flitwick Town Reserves.

Im lost. Why aint SA gonna be in the SSMFL? This is what happens when I go away for a bit!! News gets posted, then deleted cos someone dont like the content and I cant catch up with whats happenin!!!

Cliff, as I said in an earlier post, if you have those questions. Phone me, PM me or e-mail me. Don't post it on an open forum ! & speaking to anonymous trolls on facebook isn't a good idea either ! I'm getting messaged everything you have replied to & it isn't nice reading. I repeat what I posted earlier in person, you're a decent guy. I don't agree with how you behave on forums, but I wouldn't want to fall out with you big time on this subject. Please just let it lie , so we can carry on planning for next season wherever it will be.

I'm more than happy to let it lie as like I said to Unc you both appear to have over reacted to a simple question as to why the SSML declined the Southill Alexander application to the League, other members such as Jonno seem keen to know as there was no rhyme or reason for the bid to be rejected with everything such as ground, finance and long term plan firmly in place. Okay I'll say no more on the subject and apologies if I have ruffled feathers, that wasn't my intention.

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup

Still, ask Justin nicely and he might let you do the Pie and Mash run for Bethnal Green next season.. well until the end of August at least..

You give the impression that you know GAFFA1 but I'll wager you have never met the great man, it's a shame Bethnal Green United's path to the Essex Senior League won't cross with Romford's next season however I can't see you lasting five minutes in the competitive Ryman League Division 1 North so see you at the Mile End Stadium in 2010/2011.

Ha ha.. top nibbling gopher...So Justin is the latest 'great one' in your eyes. Get a life you c0ck..

Coup - You fail to answer my question as to whether you have met GAFFA1, have your paths ever crossed.

I'm more than happy to let it lie as like I said to Unc you both appear to have over reacted to a simple question as to why the SSML declined the Southill Alexander application to the League, other members such as Jonno seem keen to know as there was no rhyme or reason for the bid to be rejected with everything such as ground, finance and long term plan firmly in place. Okay I'll say no more on the subject and apologies if I have ruffled feathers, that wasn't my intention.

Oi!! Dont drag me into your mess!! My enquiry was a simple one due to the fact ive been away and has nothing to do with your motives and agendas!!

Having said that, have SA been rejected from the SSMFL entirely, or just Div1?? Is Div2 an option?

Having not been looking at the Forum for a few weeks, I decided to look today. This thread, by its title, seemed quite interesting as to when the new season starts. Then I opened the thread and find that the first 3 posts are sensible and are actually about the 09/10 season. All the rest, and there are 6 pages of them, are the same old crap. Sniping by, or about, Rhodes I really don't think I can stand aother season of this sort of rubbish. It really is about time certain people grew up, and realise that life is too short to be so nasty and negative. If this is how it is gong to be, this season, then I will not bother to come on here again. I wish ALL teams a very good 09/10 season.

Originally Posted By: Hollie

It really is about time certain people grew up, and realise that life is too short to be so nasty and negative. If this is how it is gong to be, this season, then I will not bother to come on here again.

Hollie - I couldn't agree with you more but it seems to be the way of the World on here, I suppose you could always defect, Kim Philby style, to the breakaway Forum which is supposed to be 'all sweetness and light' and 'goodwill to all men' however I've never been on it so wouldn't know.