Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town FC.

Samuelsmiles - Does this mean that you will be deserting Harefield United after next season to rejoin your beloved Edgware Town then. I wonder whether the new Club will forgive and forget and welcome Gavin back into the fold with open arms, I hope so.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Samuelsmiles - Does this mean that you will be deserting Harefield United after next season to rejoin your beloved Edgware Town then. I wonder whether the new Club will forgive and forget and welcome Gavin back into the fold with open arms, I hope so.

Rhodes, I have no intention of offering to help Edgware Town, when they return to Football, been there, done that.

Just reading what gregory said in that article re the clubhouse being broken into and rubbish on the pitch, he gives this as the reason the club won't return to the WLG, rather than the fact that Edgware have no lease and no hold on the ground anymore.

A party of people I am sure could be found to help bring the place up to standard, but again he chooses to leave out the FACTS, and give the story a different spin.

You have to ask yourselves if it's worth them coming back at all, they will be playing at the lowest level the club has been at, with no ground, possibly somewhere in Hertfordshire, in front of even smaller crowds then they were getting, and with the same man in charge who took them out of football!

No doubt gregory and bilbo will jump ship from WGC via Leyton, to return to Edgware, as will Samuel Smiles from Harefield, the big question is, will Newing drop 2 divisions and take the ex Edgware treble winning team back to the club, nothing would surprise me!

Originally Posted By: GRS67

Rhodes, I have no intention of offering to help Edgware Town, when they return to Football, been there, done that.

Gavin - That's actually very disappointing to hear, as far as I'm concerned you are Mr Edgware Town and everyone associates you with the Club

Gavin - That's actually very disappointing to hear, as far as I'm concerned you are Mr Edgware Town and everyone associates you with the Club

No Rhodes, there is one if not two people who post on here who believe they deserve that title.

I was just happy to help my local non league club that I first watched back in 1977 as a boy.

I was happy to do the jobs asked of me, and to promote the club via my blog/programme articles and give the team vocal support.

At the end of the day I had it thown back into my face by one man in charge of a clique of old men, scared of change.

It was a nice coincidence that during my time as Match Secretary I was involved with the club during their most succesfull season 06/07 .

I wish the club well in it's attempt to play senior football again, but with the same people at the helm, I doubt much will change in the running of the club!

Gavin, although I disagree with your views about the Old Edgware, please note that the people involved in the resurrection of Edgware were not involved previously. Therefore, there should be no reason for not supporting them.

I will be following them wherever they end up playing & whatever league they are in.

I have been following Leyton & Welwyn this season because I am supporting Del & Steve & the ex-Edgware players, as there is no Edgware to support currently.

I was just happy to help my local non league club that I first watched back in 1977 as a boy.
I was happy to do the jobs asked of me, and to promote the club via my blog/programme articles and give the team vocal support.

Gavin - You were treated appallingly during your tenure at the White Lion Ground and I don't blame you for washing your hands of the Club you love, I did the same at Haringey Borough even though it broke my heart.

• 2 weeks later...

I will not be drawn into another trivial argument about the plight of Edgware Town. The facts are a matter of history and the club will be re-born stronger and better than before.

I am confident that the new management team will honour the true spirit of the Wares, which transcends all the petty derision that masquerades as fact on the non league forums.

It may be another season away but Edgware Town

Originally Posted By: ORACLE

The club has registered with the Middlesex County FA for next season although again in a non-playing role but the plan is still in place to enter the league again in the 2010/2011 season.

Oracle - Out of interest why do you bother registerring with the Middlesex County FA each year in a non-playing capacity, can't you just re-join when you know for sure that you're going to start playing again the following season.

Originally Posted By: ORACLE

The club has registered with the Middlesex County FA for next season although again in a non-playing role but the plan is still in place to enter the league again in the 2010/2011 season.

Oracle - Out of interest why do you bother registerring with the Middlesex County FA each year in a non-playing capacity, can't you just re-join when you know for sure that you're going to start playing again the following season.

We simply decided to continue supporting our local FA and in turn they keep us up to date with what is happening in the region. Really just good PR.