Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Groundsman, Umpire...Football club owner!

Woody SUFC

Originally Posted By: windsorian
I wonder if they have some money to buy some supporters bolt

Hark who's talking - you want to fix your own problem!

Population of Windsor 31,000
Average attendance (BGB Website) 173
Percentage of population attending 0.056

And that is when you were having a good season and we weren't!

Population of Burnham 13,500
Average attendance (BGB Website) 131
Percentage of population attending 0.097

if you matched our percentage of population attending, you should be having average crowds of over 300, 400 if you are a successful big club.........where are they all?

It depends how you massage the attendance figures as well.We dont count the players and officials.

More snide comments! All non league clubs have an attendance problem, ours isn't great, but neither is yours, or Beaconsfield's or even Slough's, as good as it is, compared to our populations. But surely we all need Local football to be as strong as possible - the ideal would be all our clubs reaching the play-offs? We should be supporting each other for the sake of the game locally, not trying to score cheap points!

I wish Windsor and Eton FC a very successful 2010 and hope we can match you!

Originally Posted By: Andrew S
It depends how you massage the attendance figures as well.We dont count the players and officials.

More snide comments! All non league clubs have an attendance problem, ours isn't great, but neither is yours, or Beaconsfield's or even Slough's, as good as it is, compared to our populations. But surely we all need Local football to be as strong as possible - the ideal would be all our clubs reaching the play-offs? We should be supporting each other for the sake of the game locally, not trying to score cheap points!

I wish Windsor and Eton FC a very successful 2010 and hope we can match you!

Have you not heard of banter ?

No Burnham fans dont like Banter! As proved by the bloke who got all upset when we beat them 5-0!

Must be dull watching them week in week out with ZERO atmosphere!

andrew s is a burnham supporters (was a slough one but jumped ship) ...consortium andrew ?...sounds like a few good years ahead..but what then when you got into the conference with a few hundred supporters ..where will it all end again ...enjoy it while you can...

chris s

Originally Posted By: chris sliski
andrew s is a burnham supporters (was a slough one but jumped ship) ...consortium andrew ?...sounds like a few good years ahead..but what then when you got into the conference with a few hundred supporters ..where will it all end again ...enjoy it while you can...

chris s

All I'd say is we shouldn't believe all the hype in the newspapers - sometimes the facts can get a bit smudged. All that seems to be the case at the moment is that there will be some new people on the committee who are ambitious for the club and there is a new manager. As Ian Gould said to Steve Spencer "At the moment there is no story....."

Ask me again at the end of next season.....

Originally Posted By: Terrence Collina
I remember when Burnham's attendance used to go like this

105, 103, 108, 105, 108, 103, 105, 102, 110...

See a pattern there!

YUP !!!

wullie-knittingpattern-large.jpg

bolt