Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hertford Town!!!!

Originally Posted By: Wader
Originally Posted By: Jonno
Redford has the potential to be a top, top player but unfortuantely he'd rather play with his mates...

I don't believe Ryan Wade is top of that list though!

i think it is a condom he is on about

Originally Posted By: Lato

Ive got the whole match on DVD thank you (as well as the 2-0 in Katowice earlier in the summer - Polska's only ever victory over England). That montage proves nothing (as is usual with your so called examples of 'proof') other than England should have won by a hatful but a combination of over anxiety, bad luck, a mix of fortunate and good goalkeeping and some tough tackling enabled Polska to get a draw.

LATO - So how do you explain Jan Tomaszewski being described as a clown by Brian Clough on the night. Incidentally I see from this link that the programmes for the two games in Chorzow and Wembley are going for

"Clough memorably called Jan Tomaszewski a clown, whilst being a pundit before the crucial World Cup qualifier with England at Wembley. Tomaszewski had a brilliant game, and England did not qualify, as they could only manage a 1-1 draw."

- source Wikipedia

Horace - I'm afraid I beg to differ, Tomaszewski didn't have a brilliant game at all and from the moment England stepped out onto the hallowed Wembley turf on 17 October 1973 it was never going to be their night. You could have put a stuffed dummy on the Poland goal line and the result would have been exactly the same.

Now you are being extra silly Rhodes. Even the clip you provided a link to shows Tomaszewski making several flying saves. It is etched in football folklore that Tomaszewski had an heroic game, confounding Brian Clough's description of him as "a clown".

"......This wasn

Originally Posted By: Horace

I was sitting there watching the game live on TV, fuming that my hero Kevin "Zak" Hector was held back as a substitute until the 85th minute

Horace - It's funny you should mention that as everyone remembers where they were on that evening, rather like President Kennedy being shot, Bobby Moore lifting the World Cup, Neil Armstrong stepping on the moon (which LATO will no doubt acknowledge later) and more recently hearing the devastating news of Princess Diana's death.

Spookily Rhodes, I was sitting in front of the television on each occasion!

Spookily Rhodes, I was sitting in front of the television on each occasion!

Add another now .. I was sitting in front of the telly today when England beat Australia in a test at Lords for the first time since 1935!

.. I was sitting in front of the telly today when England beat Australia in a test at Lords for the first time since 1935

whereas in 1934 you were in front of a wireless!

Add another now .. I was sitting in front of the telly today when England beat Australia in a test at Lords for the first time since 1935!

Horace - Yes at Lords, the supposed home of cricket, but we've beaten Australia in a test elsewhere such as Headingly, therefore you can't associate it with President Kennedy being shot, Bobby Moore lifting the Jules Rimet Trophy in 1966, Neil Armstrong stepping onto the moon or Princess Diana's death.

Lords is the home of cricket..no supposed about it. Recognised this world over...obviously things are different in rhodesworld.

LATO - I didn't think you were a cricket fan as well as a film buff, incidentally you failed to acknowledge the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission on Monday and Neil Armstrong setting foot on the moon, surely you had a comment to make.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
LATO - I didn't think you were a cricket fan as well as a film buff.

look at who I support rhodes and if anything I prefer cricket to football, incidentally you failed to ever comment on what happened to your hat.

LATO - For me Lords, as well as the Oval, is rather like going to a pop concert at the Wembley or O2 Arena and I much prefer the smaller, tighter and more atmospheric venues such as the old Marquee in Wardour Street (remember that) or the Town and Country Club in Kentish Town. You can apply the same principle to football too, you couldn't beat going to Upton Park and Loftus Road for a game in the 70's and 80's compared to say Wembley or the old Stamford Bridge before it was rebuilt.

I agree with you about gigs rhodes, I prefer them in smaller venues. The Forum (the old Town and Country club) in Kentish Town is one of my favourite venues along with the Empire in Shepherds Bush. I can also relate to what you say about football stadiums (funny though that you like compact grounds like Loftus Road/Upton Park but don't seem to have any objection to an athletics track between pitch and spectator). However I disagree about cricket as for me its best to watch the game at a great venue like Lords rather than on a village green.

Originally Posted By: Lato

However I disagree about cricket as for me its best to watch the game at a great venue like Lords rather than on a village green.

LATO - Once again I beg to differ, there is nothing better, well almost, than watching cricket at a small venue such as Colchester, Southend, Southgate, Guildford or on a village green as opposed to Lords, you need binoculars to follow play and don't feel part of the action.