Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hertford Town!!!!

Originally Posted By: sabj8
Will defo b up there if not Champions this season from the players rumoured 2 have joined!!!!!!

The Messiah,Ryan Redford, has returned.....dont think much of the rest though

Saw Cooper on Monday night and he said he was staying with Biggleswade.

Redford has the potential to be a top, top player but unfortuantely he'd rather play with his mates and have an easy life. He made the step up to Biggleswade last year and I thought he would carry on climbing the pyramid but this has got to be seen as a backwards step in his career (no offence intended to Hertford by the way). Also, he loves a beer in Elberts on a Friday night WAY too much!!

Ryan is a good friend but I'd tell him that to his face too. In fact, I think Ill text him now and tell him what a work-shy little twit he really is....!!!!

I see that Coops played for Biggleswade Town on Tuesday night in a 0-0 draw against Cambridge City and missed a sitter:

http://www.biggleswadetoday.co.uk/bigg-sport/Waders-hold-Cambridge-City-in.5460019.jp

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I see that Coops played for Biggleswade Town on Tuesday night in a 0-0 draw against Cambridge City and missed a sitter:

http://www.biggleswadetoday.co.uk/bigg-sport/Waders-hold-Cambridge-City-in.5460019.jp

i used the link you provided, but cant find the bit about Coops missing a sitter anywhere

Originally Posted By: Jonno
Redford has the potential to be a top, top player but unfortuantely he'd rather play with his mates and have an easy life. He made the step up to Biggleswade last year and I thought he would carry on climbing the pyramid but this has got to be seen as a backwards step in his career (no offence intended to Hertford by the way). Also, he loves a beer in Elberts on a Friday night WAY too much!!
Ryan is a good friend but I'd tell him that to his face too. In fact, I think Ill text him now and tell him what a work-shy little twit he really is....!!!!

Once the season starts proper, he will revert to saturday nights for a celebratory beer! drinkies

Quote:

There were good chances for Kevin Cooper, Daniel Flack with a viscous free kick and a Dan Heron chip while after the break Bobby Dance almost broke the dealock with a cheeky chip

Keeps - Your eye sight must be failing you in your old age

Quote:

There were good chances for Kevin Cooper, Daniel Flack with a viscous free kick and a Dan Heron chip while after the break Bobby Dance almost broke the dealock with a cheeky chip

Keeps - Your eye sight must be failing you in your old age

how apart from in rhodesworld does "a good chance for Kevin Cooper" equate to "missing a sitter."

LATO - A good chance normally, well nine times out of ten, equates to a sitter, Ronnie Rosentahl, Kanu, Ryan Giggs and more recently Chris Iwelumo all missed what were described on television as good chances but they were also absolute sitters.

Coopps tells me that it was "a chance" that he would have buried 6.67 times out of 10.

Marshy has already signed for Brox boro and is playing in the game at home on saturday v Potters Bar, thats not true. Wade has only trained twice with us (currntly the size of a house!), so its probably true he's gone, but have been would be nice to know he's left!

We've made some great signings that will makes us net stronger than last season.

Originally Posted By: sabj8
I also heard Cooper will b returnin and the leagues top goalscorer ryan wade has signed along with broxbourne right bk marsh!!

LATO - A good chance normally, well nine times out of ten, equates to a sitter, Ronnie Rosentahl, Kanu, Ryan Giggs and more recently Chris Iwelumo all missed what were described on television as good chances but they were also absolute sitters.

Actually whilst we're on the subject we could run a poll of the worst miss from the above four, my vote would certainly be Iwelumo for Scotland against Norway who could have blown the ball across the line.

I think absolute sitters are a sub set of good chances but not the other way round.

England had stacks of good chances v Polska at Wembley in 1973 but with the possible exception of Kevin Hector in the last few minutes, I don't think any of them were what could be called absolute sitters.

Of the ones you listed Giggs for me. Mind you for improbable misses check out the Brazilian legend that was centre forward Seginho in the 1982 World Cup. A man about whom it was said "with Serginho the ball is a cube"

Missed sitter of the millenium has to go to Darren Bent for Spurs v Sunderland, which prompted 'Arry to state that even his wife Sandra could have scored it!!

Originally Posted By: Lato

England had stacks of good chances v Polska at Wembley in 1973 but with the possible exception of Kevin Hector in the last few minutes, I don't think any of them were what could be called absolute sitters.

LATO - I'm afraid I beg to differ and here's the proof, a montage of Englands sitters from that infamous evening which only seems like yesterday:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1541647/

Ive got the whole match on DVD thank you (as well as the 2-0 in Katowice earlier in the summer - Polska's only ever victory over England). That montage proves nothing (as is usual with your so called examples of 'proof') other than England should have won by a hatful but a combination of over anxiety, bad luck, a mix of fortunate and good goalkeeping and some tough tackling enabled Polska to get a draw.

Now the clip AWK provided - well that is a sitter. Incidentally I think perhaps the worst miss I've ever seen live was Kalu Uche for Ruislip Manor at Hillingdon from about a foot (I think it's discussed on some threads somewhere and as you love bringing up old threads rhodes, I have no doubt you can post a link)