Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round - 2009/2010

Originally Posted By: Bemused

2 1 Leverstock Green v Burnham Ramblers

A good win for Leverstock Green:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20090815

Rhodes is all quiet tonight cos TMFC took one hell of a beating.We outplayed you and we never even got out of first gear.Went down to their poor level and the win was never in doubt.Talk all you like about a last gasp goal but it was like 95% possesion to the saints

Originally Posted By: Bemused

0 2 North Greenford Utd v Cockfosters

An anorak from anothers Forum was at this one:

North Greenford United 0 Cockfosters 2
FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round
Six pound including a decent programme

I made a late decision to go to this game. The ground is about 10-15 mins walk from Greenford Station, a useful short cut is available after crossing the canal bridge, take the next opening and walk along the grass footpath, although probably not a good idea if it is wet and muddy, but much quicker than walking via Berkeley Avenue.

The ground is bordered by houses on two sides and by woodland on the other two sides, there is a decent clubhouse (there is also a seperate 'sports bar' just outside the ground) with a pool table, sky TV and a nice little patio area outside. There is a metal stand behind the goal at that end and some metal terracing opposite the dug outs on the half way line. Team line ups were helpfully displayed by the turnstiles, and yes perhaps unusually for this level there are turnstiles.

The game itself wasn't bad although there were four yellow cards in the opening half and hour (two to each side) before the visitors took the lead direct from a right wing corner on 34mins.

At the start of the second half the visitors goal was under siege for the opening 15 mins with the hosts hitting the post from a free kick with the keeper well beaten and having ridden their luck (as so often happens) the visitors scored themselves somewhat against the run of play. The hosts continued to apply the pressure but it really just wasn't their day, all credit to Cockfosters though who are now away at Potters Bar (bit of a local derby) in the next round.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

2 2 Potton United v Hoddesdon Town

A report from Hoddesdon's Website, I expect there will be quite a decent crowd at Lowfield for the replay:

http://www.hoddesdontownfc.co.uk/results%201st%20XI.htm

Some good away wins for SSML clubs here, many at clubs from other leagues. Eye catching win for Aylesbury while Kentish Town have had a great result at Hillingdon. Slightly annoyed about Haringey forcing a draw at HArefield as I was going to take in the Hanwell v Haringey league match on Tuesday but well done to Haringey on that effort.

Difficult to pick a result of the round as I'm not sure of the relative strengths of teams but my contender would be Cockfosters surprising last years Combined Counties runners-up North Greenford United. No doubt we'll be told that Tokyngton 'only' losing 3-2 at Chalfont is the result of the round though!

A report from Hoddesdon's Website, I expect there will be quite a decent crowd at Lowfield for the replay:

Misinformation again, Rhodesy! Anyone directed to Lowfield won't see the game!

If you'd bothered to read the report, you'd have noticed in the last paragraph that the game isn't at Lowfield.

Originally Posted By: Lato

No doubt we'll be told that Tokyngton 'only' losing 3-2 at Chalfont is the result of the round though!

LATO - Strangely enough I was going to post exactly that last night, for me this was very much the result of the round, along with Aylesbury winning 6-0 at Langford, and you missed a treat by cutting off your nose to spite your face and not coming to Mill Meadow. Tokyngton took an early lead which rocked Chalfont to the core however they eventually took the game by the scruff of the neck and lead 2-1 at the break. The second period was a different ball game with Tokyngton equalising on the hour mark and missing a number of guilt edge chances, Dobber must have have been at a different game, possibly Amersham Town v Brache Sparta nearby. With seconds remaining however over zealous Referee Mr Webb gave a free kick just outside the box and needless to say Chalfont bundled the ball into the net for an undeserved victory, I don't even recall the game restarting.

With seconds remaining however over zealous Referee Mr Webb gave a free kick just outside the box and needless to say Chalfont bundled the ball into the net for an undeserved victory, I don't even recall the game restarting.

Strange that, the official time of the goal is shown as 85 min!

Originally Posted By: Enfield Til It Died

If you'd bothered to read the report, you'd have noticed in the last paragraph that the game isn't at Lowfield.

EnfieldTilItDied - Yes apologies for that, I automatically typed Lowfield but I think everyone knows the replay isn't there. You haven't answered my question about how you felt when Mr Lazarou destroyed Enfield, I'm surprised the fans didn't string him up from the nearest yard-arm.

For completeness, shouldn't you tell members where the replay is?

Originally Posted By: Lato

No doubt we'll be told that Tokyngton 'only' losing 3-2 at Chalfont is the result of the round though!

LATO - Strangely enough I was going to post exactly that last night, for me this was very much the result of the round, along with Aylesbury winning 6-0 at Langford, and you missed a treat by cutting off your nose to spite your face and not coming to Mill Meadow. Tokyngton took an early lead which rocked Chalfont to the core however they eventually took the game by the scruff of the neck and lead 2-1 at the break. The second period was a different ball game with Tokyngton equalising on the hour mark and missing a number of guilt edge chances, Dobber must have have been at a different game, possibly Amersham Town v Brache Sparta nearby. With seconds remaining however over zealous Referee Mr Webb gave a free kick just outside the box and needless to say Chalfont bundled the ball into the net for an undeserved victory, I don't even recall the game restarting.

Rhodes,i think it was you who was at the wrong game.Our winner came from a corner so i dont know what game you were watching.Both your goals were against the run of play and we should have been 6-1 up at half-time.If you didnt recall the game restarting its because we kept hold of the ball for the last 3 or 4 mins.

Sunday 16 August
Broxbourne Borough v Enfield 1893 (1.00pm)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news folks, Broxbourne Borough 1 Enfield 1893 4

Crawley Green v Cranfield United (2.00pm)

Another result from this afternoon, Crawley Green 3 Cranfield United 1

Stansted v Royston Town (3.00pm at Bishop's Stortford)

The final result from this afternoon was Stansted 2 Royston Town 5 as far as I'm aware, and no Craig Hammond to be seen.