Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Question For Krooner

Green Pea

A ball is played through, the keeper comes late as the forward is steaming in and stretches/leans at a 45ish degree angle and catches the ball safetly in both hands with the forward clattering though his leg that is off the ground behind him. The referee and assistant give nothing, the player stays down so the keeper charitably throws the ball out of play, the referee blows his whistle to stop play and waves the physio on. As the play is stopped the assistant referee (under pressure from the home support) decides to flag for the referee's attention, the referee takes a relaxing walk over and after a 2 minute discussion blows his whistle and give a penalty and issue a caution to the keeper.

I've never seen anything like this in all my life, both officials making a decision, allowing play to go on, stopping play when the ball is put out of touch, one of them appearing to change their mind and persuading the other to give a penalty, let alone showing just a yellow when surely a red is the punishment?

I'd like your comments, has the referee acted within the laws of the game here?

And has anybody else on here seen such a thing while watching their team?

Did you have a problem with any of the decisions in the video then BT?

As always the referee sees any incident only once and from one angle. People watching from other angles (and not always with neutral eyesight) sometimes see things differently

coffee%20(2).gif

Did you have a problem with any of the decisions in the video then BT?

As always the referee sees any incident only once and from one angle. People watching from other angles (and not always with neutral eyesight) sometimes see things differently

coffee%20(2).gif

Footy,No the Ref. got it right in my opinion,for the tackles.But I now know why crowds at Non League level are decreasing,and no younger blood are coming through the gates.Some of the language would put most parents of youngsters of ever bringing them again,and it was only highlights.

But I now know why crowds at Non League level are decreasing,and no younger blood are coming through the gates.Some of the language would put most parents of youngsters of ever bringing them again,and it was only highlights.

They're not decreasing though. CCL Premier crowds are up 7.5% on last season. Most other leagues are showing a gradual rise as well although step 4 football has shown a decrease over the last five years by 27% which is shocking although it may be down to some well supported sides who were at step 4 5 years ago now being higher. I haven't looked into the figures that closely.

All attendance figures down to step 4 are available on http://www.mikeavery.co.uk/index.html . Step 5 and below's figures from past seasons are on http://www.tonykempster.co.uk/

Reliable stuff those figures VP :)

Been There I would need to view a decision in real time and from the refs angle and hear his views before I could possibly comment.

A ball is played through, the keeper comes late as the forward is steaming in and stretches/leans at a 45ish degree angle and catches the ball safetly in both hands with the forward clattering though his leg that is off the ground behind him. The referee and assistant give nothing, the player stays down so the keeper charitably throws the ball out of play, the referee blows his whistle to stop play and waves the physio on. As the play is stopped the assistant referee (under pressure from the home support) decides to flag for the referee's attention, the referee takes a relaxing walk over and after a 2 minute discussion blows his whistle and give a penalty and issue a caution to the keeper.

I've never seen anything like this in all my life, both officials making a decision, allowing play to go on, stopping play when the ball is put out of touch, one of them appearing to change their mind and persuading the other to give a penalty, let alone showing just a yellow when surely a red is the punishment?

I'd like your comments, has the referee acted within the laws of the game here?

And has anybody else on here seen such a thing while watching their team?

Sounds like the Gk has been harshly treated.Gk's come out with knees boots or studs up this is deemed protection they're schooled in this from an early age it seems the lino sh!t himself in front of the fans.from what you say it sounds like the forward has fouled the Gk.if your talking about your Gk Gary Ross he isn't a malicous Gk and not a smash your forward type of Gk from what pearcey told me he is typical of young Gk's he's quick agile and this makes him more mobile and doesn't need to get involved with forwards.I'll speak to pearcey and see what he thinks he'll probably call rossy.kroons mind the splinters off the wooden fence your sitting on.

Give Pearcy our best Smashie, he will always be a BG favourite for his contributions to the club.

Will do,he is gutted not to have decent crack at that lge but he enjoys a challenge and he's got it at egham.

for once an assistant finally gets involved but does it far too late. Embarrassing if that is what did happen, but an improvement that an assistant finally flagged for what they saw?

Hardly helps when I spoke to the other assistant who had no idea what was going on and said he didn't see anything wrong, I think Smashie is right that the old boy on the line bowed to supporter pressure. They say these things even themselves out over a season, not sure I would want it to if it means another incident like that, I'd be embarrassed.

Kroons,I fell off my high horse,when you going to get of the fence.Definitely M.P. material.T.R.S a mission for you,find some dubious decisions by Refs, that our leader can comment on.He could start with the Dorking video from Saturday.

I try to make it a point NOT to comment on the officials performace at games.

As I saw the whole of the game @ Meadowbank last Saturday, and having spoken to them before and after the game, I'll just say I thought them very 'pro' Banstead during the first half and very 'pro' DFC in the second !