Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Snow Joke!! Games on/Games off 30/1/10

Smudge

Just spent some time looking around other forums. It seems there are loads of games off due to frozen/waterlogged pitches,

Camberley v Banstead postponed sometime between 1.50 and 2.20.

A pathetic decision in my opinion. I think Banstead may agree.

Better wait and see what 'Our Leader' says on the subject !

:smashfreakb:

:coffee (2):

Edited by Big J R

I've already told him my thoughts on the matter. As I posted on the Krooner forum - me & Kroons were at Woking v Bath in December when all else was called off. Official highlights are on youtube. The pitch was ten times harder than today's but the ref allowed it to go ahead. Decent game, decent ref so they do exist - just not at CCL level it appears....

I've already told him my thoughts on the matter. As I posted on the Krooner forum - me & Kroons were at Woking v Bath in December when all else was called off. Official highlights are on youtube. The pitch was ten times harder than today's but the ref allowed it to go ahead. Decent game, decent ref so they do exist - just not at CCL level it appears....

Its all down to 'Elf & Safety' these days, otherwise 'Kompensayshun' claims will go flying in one after another ! :bartshocked:

Its all down to 'Elf & Safety' these days, otherwise 'Kompensayshun' claims will go flying in one after another ! :bartshocked:

That's what they want you to think. It's not about h&s at all. Refs usually have a defence in law regarding what happens bewteen willing participants on the pitch. There are estimated to be up to 19 million sports injuries in the UK each year. How many of them result in result in refs being sued? I know of two cases (Smoldon v Whitworth in 1996 and Vowles v Evans in 2002) and both of those were down to the (rugby) ref not applying the laws of the game properly rather than allowing players to play in the first place.

It's much more common for injured players to sue the person who caused the injury and, even then, they need to prove negligence or assault. That's nothing to do with the ref.

As I said on another thread - I'm not a lawyer and this is just my opinion!

The FA need to get their lawyers to look into this and direct referrees regarding when to postpone games more effectively in my opinion. It seems to be getting worse each year although that may be my imagination. I know that people's perception of the facts and the facts themselves are often different.

VPCPFC is right, totally pathetic decision at Krooner, Big jr is quite right also, the whole of this country is being held to ransom by the elf & safety police and the compensation culture that now seems to be the norm.