Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 30 jan

3 teas NG? My goodness me!

My view of the Cove yellow card - the ref was always going to get the card out for that one, as you can't catch the player these days whether or not you get the ball first. Bit of a shame if you ask me, but that seems to be the way it's going. Whether the Chertsey player made more of it than perhaps it was is difficult to say, but the way he went down would've influenced the ref also. Don't remember any other bookings to be honest, quite an easy game for the officials overall.

With the comments at the time of the tackle, I did wonder if that was Smudgey behind me wink.gif

Not Guilty Your Honour.boxing.gif

Egham 3-1 winners

Egham deserved their win as they took their chances. Could have been a different game if the goalie didn't have his wheatabix for breakfast as he made three top class saves in the first half. We had a moments but just a little lacking in the final third.

We gifted three goals. The first from a corner, the lad somehow had time to control the ball and pick his spot, the second three defenders allowed the striker to turn in the box and the third came after we had just changed formation to chase the game and we were caught out.

Glad we got one near the end as if I can't have a clean sheet then no-one should!!!

We will play worse than that and win games before the end of the season.

Well done to the young ref in the middle who had a decent game. Perhaps could have brought the yellow card out a little earlier than he did as some tackles started flying in which he could have cooled, but other than that good. Thanks to the assistant ref as well who helped my find my front tooth when it fell out just before kick off!

As Wattsy said:

Cobham 1 Knaphill 2.

Decent game on a difficult pitch. Cobham took the lead on 17mins with Knaphill equalising on 19 mins. Knaphill took the lead on 64mins and created another couple of chances as did Cobham however a good overall performance in particular our back line who marshalled Cobham's front line very well.

First time i have seen Cobham play and not overly impressed, dont play a lot of football, often resulting to kick and chase!

Good three points and it was nice to see a contingent of Westfield players again supporting The Knappers :dance (2): :winkewinke:

Next Up Feltham Wednesday night.

Cobham 1 Knaphill 2

Took a day to think things over before posting thoughts on here.

Jurgs was away so I was still in. We began quite poorly and Knaphill looked good on the ball and the former Cobham players were out to prove a point however we scored against the run of play. Cross came in which was half cleared before Rideout swept home. We then began to dominate but then Knaphill scored a great goal which seemed to rattle us. Knaphill then were sent through on goal following a good move but fortunatly for me shot fairly straight at me and was able to hold on. Knaphill continued to look confortable and had a strong hold on the midfield.

HT 1-1

Second half began in the same vein with Knaphill playing most of the football and we seemed content to play on the counter attack. As the middle was so boggy and congested the wings held the key and whenever we got the ball wide we looked dangerous. They also stuck a man on our centre foward to mark him out the game. Knaphill scored after we failed to clear our lines (like at eversley!!!) and the ball fell to the dangerous centre foward to lash home. A goal I was disapointed to concede. Pehaps if I had stod up I might have saved it and after getting a hand to it I was very disapointed. Time to go Gym and get some beefy arms! We then threw everything at them but their tall centre back was imperious and soaked up everything. Keeper had to make saves but wasn't really streched and in the end Knaphill deserved the victory. A kick up the [****!!****] for us. 19 game unbeaten run in league and cup gone and to arch rivals Knaphill too but all credit to them they played very well. Not sure if Jurgs is back on Tuesday but we are away to South Park. A very big game now

19 game unbeaten run in league and cup gone and to arch rivals Knaphill too

Not sure why Cobham and Knaphill are arch rivals??? Maybe the ex Cobham players thing?

However we had a bit of info on you Young Hammer but i don't think you could have done anymore with Knaphill's second, Ricky Hogsden is one of the best finishers in this league as you would of noticed with his first goal!

Thanks for your honest report though,all good runs come to an end sometime, Forest's did on Saturday, 19 games aswell !!!

Thanks for your honest report though,all good runs come to an end sometime, Forest's did on Saturday, 19 games aswell !!!

*Cough* chin up, downhill from here, get at us :discobanana:

Edited by Wattsy

19 game unbeaten run in league and cup gone and to arch rivals Knaphill too

Not sure why Cobham and Knaphill are arch rivals??? Maybe the ex Cobham players thing?

However we had a bit of info on you Young Hammer but i don't think you could have done anymore with Knaphill's second, Ricky Hogsden is one of the best finishers in this league as you would of noticed with his first goal!

Geographically its not really a derby game but there was a lot of hype leading up to the game and the four ex players came to prove a point. The was a LOT of bad feeling before the game and a bit of fall out afterwards but at the end of the day its just handbags. Knaphill deserved to get one over on us.

It did look like Knaphill were well prepared and they marked our center foward out the game with your manager referring to him by name quite regularly. Since I think some of the Knaphill players knew I was playing I was expecting high ball after high ball in the box but that didn't come. Beat us by playing better football.

:wtf: The was a LOT of bad feeling before the game and a bit of fall out afterwards but at the end of the day its just handbags.

News to me, did not see any of that!

they marked our center foward out the game with your manager referring to him by name quite regularly

The Gaffer has never seen him play before! You've been playing too much FIFA Young Hammer! :grin:

Nothing wrong with too much FIFA Forrest Gump :smilewinkgrin:

For some reason he didnt approve of a few of my aerial challenges?? I had to remind him that being vertically challenged (as i am) and jumping for balls against a 6 footer has its disadvantages. I had to bend the rules now and again to get any joy!

Staines 2-1 hartley

the better side lost and I'm sure the Staines boys will agree.... Animal?

Sounds like they pulled another three points out the bag when they didn't deserve it. Sign of Champions as they say!

Staines Lammas 2-1 Hartley and Witney

Guna have to disagree with the hartley boys by saying the best team lost and that we were lucky, admittedley Hartley had a 2 cleared of the line but i would of said we had very good chances to take the game beyond reach. 17 seconds for the first goal and it shouls of been 2 10 mins later when our striker was 1 on 1 but ur keeper made a worldy of a save! aint taking enough from you boys i fort u was decent and u will do well this season but 6 points out of 6 against the top 2 sides has shot us right back in to contention. we ve played all the big teams now twice apart from a couple and now have the lower sides to play and no disrespect to them i expect maximum points!

I thought we dominated and dictated the whole game apart from the first 10 minutes. Both ur goals were very lucky especially the winner. U were only gonna score from a set piece. Was a good game really well contested, gutted to have lost but at least we showed we are a good side after our previous game against SL.

Hmmm *takes note* Hartley vulnerable from set pieces.

Staines 2-1 hartley

the better side lost and I'm sure the Staines boys will agree.... Animal?

Sounds like they pulled another three points out the bag when they didn't deserve it. Sign of Champions as they say!

Staines Lammas 2-1 Hartley and Witney

Guna have to disagree with the hartley boys by saying the best team lost and that we were lucky, admittedley Hartley had a 2 cleared of the line but i would of said we had very good chances to take the game beyond reach. 17 seconds for the first goal and it shouls of been 2 10 mins later when our striker was 1 on 1 but ur keeper made a worldy of a save! aint taking enough from you boys i fort u was decent and u will do well this season but 6 points out of 6 against the top 2 sides has shot us right back in to contention. we ve played all the big teams now twice apart from a couple and now have the lower sides to play and no disrespect to them i expect maximum points!

I thought we dominated and dictated the whole game apart from the first 10 minutes. Both ur goals were very lucky especially the winner. U were only gonna score from a set piece. Was a good game really well contested, gutted to have lost but at least we showed we are a good side after our previous game against SL.

Hmmm *takes note* Hartley vulnerable from set pieces.

haha Good spot Spencer! - my point was more that they never looked like they were going to score from open play.

As Wattsy said:

Cobham 1 Knaphill 2.

Decent game on a difficult pitch. Cobham took the lead on 17mins with Knaphill equalising on 19 mins. Knaphill took the lead on 64mins and created another couple of chances as did Cobham however a good overall performance in particular our back line who marshalled Cobham's front line very well.

First time i have seen Cobham play and not overly impressed, dont play a lot of football, often resulting to kick and chase!

Good three points and it was nice to see a contingent of Westfield players again supporting The Knappers dance (2).gif winkewinke.gif

Next Up Feltham Wednesday night.

They were probably down there hoping Savage's men would get a spanking, save that for next tuesday shall we! Just out of interest how did you get on against the met police?