Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 30 jan

Cobham 1 Knaphill 2

Very good end to end first half which ended 1-1 after Cobham took the lead. Second half was slow until the last twenty minutes when Knaphill went infront. Cobham tried but didn't have a final product in the last third to pull it back.

Good game for the neutral however!

Also hear that Farleigh and Chobham drew 1-1

Staines 2-1 hartley

the better side lost and I'm sure the Staines boys will agree.... Animal?

Sounds like they pulled another three points out the bag when they didn't deserve it. Sign of Champions as they say!

Staines 2-1 hartley

Sounds like they pulled another three points out the bag when they didn't deserve it. Sign of Champions as they say!

I can hear the usual hartley excuses now." we were missing players"

Cresent Rovers 4 Feltham 2

cove2-3 chertsey (tarpey, moody, moorehouse)the score dosent reflect chertsey's domination after they had opened the scoring. an oustanding performance from dave tarpey who terrorised the cove defence all afternoon help set up a very good victory agaisnt an organised cove side on a boggy pitch, but all credit to cove they never gave up and scored 2 late goals with the latter being with the last kick of the game!! good performances all round the pitch especially from tarpey and ollie tracher helped chertsey to forget about tuesdays poor result at bansted. the ever reliable john pomroy didnt manage to get on the score sheet but his link up with tarpey and gavin bamford in the midfield was just as crucial for chertsey to open up a 3.0 lead early in the 2nd half.

North Greenford Utd 4 Colliers Wood Utd 2 - Colliers Wood 2-0 up in the first half. NGU pulled one back with a penalty before half time & turned the game with two goals in quick succession around the hour. Colliers Wood almost equalised just before conceding a fourth near the end. Good game to watch on a bitterly cold afternoon.

As Wattsy said:

Cobham 1 Knaphill 2.

Decent game on a difficult pitch. Cobham took the lead on 17mins with Knaphill equalising on 19 mins. Knaphill took the lead on 64mins and created another couple of chances as did Cobham however a good overall performance in particular our back line who marshalled Cobham's front line very well.

First time i have seen Cobham play and not overly impressed, dont play a lot of football, often resulting to kick and chase!

Good three points and it was nice to see a contingent of Westfield players again supporting The Knappers :dance (2): :winkewinke:

Next Up Feltham Wednesday night.

3-2 was probably flattering in the end for Cove. Chertsey had enough chances in the 2nd half to have made it 4 or 5.

1st half was an even match and only slack marking at the back allowed Chertsey's first 2 goals. 3rd goal 2nd half was a push or i would say more like climbing on our centre back for chertsey player to head in from a deep free kick.

Lets put it into perspective: Cove were missing Vine (injured), Woody (flu), Childs (flu) and were forced into making a very early sub for our other only centre back to go off injured. Half time our left winger (Duff) was injured and replaced and with 20 gone of the 2nd half our skipper (me) had to withdraw with a very tight hamstring. We were down to the bare bones before the game and even worse at 90 minutes. A spirited performance from a team having a bit of bad luck ast the moment with sendings off, bad refereeing decisons, and now illness and injuries. Light at the end of the tunnel............???

Yes it sounds like sour grapes but nothing like it. Chertsey were good for their victory. I just would have liked to have had a go at them with a fully fit team to choose from.

Aldershot Tuesday hopefully with a stronger fitter squad......

Staines 2-1 hartley

Staines Lammas 2-1 Hartley and Witney

Guna have to disagree with the hartley boys by saying the best team lost and that we were lucky, admittedley Hartley had a 2 cleared of the line but i would of said we had very good chances to take the game beyond reach. 17 seconds for the first goal and it shouls of been 2 10 mins later when our striker was 1 on 1 but ur keeper made a worldy of a save! aint taking enough from you boys i fort u was decent and u will do well this season but 6 points out of 6 against the top 2 sides has shot us right back in to contention. we ve played all the big teams now twice apart from a couple and now have the lower sides to play and no disrespect to them i expect maximum points!

3-2 was probably flattering in the end for Cove. Chertsey had enough chances in the 2nd half to have made it 4 or 5.

1st half was an even match and only slack marking at the back allowed Chertsey's first 2 goals. 3rd goal 2nd half was a push or i would say more like climbing on our centre back for chertsey player to head in from a deep free kick.

Lets put it into perspective: Cove were missing Vine (injured), Woody (flu), Childs (flu) and were forced into making a very early sub for our other only centre back to go off injured. Half time our left winger (Duff) was injured and replaced and with 20 gone of the 2nd half our skipper (me) had to withdraw with a very tight hamstring. We were down to the bare bones before the game and even worse at 90 minutes. A spirited performance from a team having a bit of bad luck ast the moment with sendings off, bad refereeing decisons, and now illness and injuries. Light at the end of the tunnel............???

Yes it sounds like sour grapes but nothing like it. Chertsey were good for their victory. I just would have liked to have had a go at them with a fully fit team to choose from.

I note Cove scored both their goals after you were subbed JJ :dance (2):

Staines 2-1 hartley

Staines Lammas 2-1 Hartley and Witney

Guna have to disagree with the hartley boys by saying the best team lost and that we were lucky, admittedley Hartley had a 2 cleared of the line but i would of said we had very good chances to take the game beyond reach. 17 seconds for the first goal and it shouls of been 2 10 mins later when our striker was 1 on 1 but ur keeper made a worldy of a save! aint taking enough from you boys i fort u was decent and u will do well this season but 6 points out of 6 against the top 2 sides has shot us right back in to contention. we ve played all the big teams now twice apart from a couple and now have the lower sides to play and no disrespect to them i expect maximum points!

I thought we dominated and dictated the whole game apart from the first 10 minutes. Both ur goals were very lucky especially the winner. U were only gonna score from a set piece. Was a good game really well contested, gutted to have lost but at least we showed we are a good side after our previous game against SL.

As Wattsy said:

Cobham 1 Knaphill 2.

Decent game on a difficult pitch. Cobham took the lead on 17mins with Knaphill equalising on 19 mins. Knaphill took the lead on 64mins and created another couple of chances as did Cobham however a good overall performance in particular our back line who marshalled Cobham's front line very well.

First time i have seen Cobham play and not overly impressed, dont play a lot of football, often resulting to kick and chase!

Good three points and it was nice to see a contingent of Westfield players again supporting The Knappers :dance (2): :winkewinke:

Next Up Feltham Wednesday night.

Never mind all that Trenty, we're all waiting to know how Forest got on today :evil:

I note Cove scored both their goals after you were subbed JJ :dance (2):

Not a bad game on an understandably poor pitch. Fantastic bacon cheeseburger (with onions), as usual. Good to meet Green Fingers as well!