Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 30 jan

Nice One TRS :icon22:

According to a mate who went to [****!!****] park, we were poor, however all good runs come to an end and not get beaten in 19 games was getting boring :coffee (2):

Derby were desperate for the points, we shall have to wait and see how Forest react.

Bit of trouble after in the stands where it kick off and around the ground before and after, thankfully i'm told we won those battles and the sheep ran back to there fields! :brille008:

Shame us Geordie boys couldn't break down Leicester's defence but still, we'll come up trumps and no doubt we'll take three points off the Forrest at St. James's, hey Trenty :smilewinkgrin:

Nice highlights as usual :cool: TRS

North Greenford Utd 4 Colliers Wood Utd 2 - Colliers Wood 2-0 up in the first half. NGU pulled one back with a penalty before half time & turned the game with two goals in quick succession around the hour. Colliers Wood almost equalised just before conceding a fourth near the end. Good game to watch on a bitterly cold afternoon.

There are a lot of people involved in football at all levels throughout the world.

Most of these are unsung heroes who put in a lot of time (and money) simply to ensure that their club survives at the level that the clubs play at!!!

I spoke to the Wood manager at 5.30pm today and, once again, I am appalled at the attitude of supposed "footballers".

I have long advocated that there are far too many clubs to go around for the amount of suitable palyers available for clubs just to fulfil their annual league commitments. But some of our guys need to look at themselves....and quickly!

What happened this morning makes me want to give up football regarding the commitment of "players".

Suffice to say that we had a much more weakened team at North Greenford than we would have liked.

Credit to those who did show and to the commitment they showed on the day.

And I take nothing away from NGUFC who WILL win this league as I predicted back in August.

Angry??? That doesn't even go some way to describing how I feel this evening!

Those that couldn't be bothered today are a bunch of [****!!****]!

And sod the league for my response on here!

Premier Division

5 3 Bedfont v Bookham

2 3 Cove v Chertsey Town

1 0 Guildford City v Hanworth Villa

2 1 Molesey v Croydon

4 2 North Greenford United v Colliers Wood United

1 3 Sandhurst Town v Egham Town

Division One

1 2 Cobham v Knaphill

4 2 Crescent Rovers v Feltham

1 1 Farleigh Rovers v Chobham

0 1 Frimley Green v Bedfont Sports

1 3 Sheerwater v CB Hounslow United

2 1 Staines Lammas v Hartley Wintney

Up the Rams!

Yeah that tackle was a good old fashioned solid tackle! God knows why we can't make them these days!!

Nice highlights as usual :cool: TRS

Yet another good set of highlights, TRS.

Hopefully, we will get 'Our Leader's' comments tomorrow !

Why would I make a comment JR ?

I was listening to the audible comments on TRS's video at the time of the booking, where they were obviously questioning the referee's ability to control a game.

I fully appreciate it's not easy to give a decision based on video evidence in this case, but it looked a cast-iron 'yellow' to me !!!

:futbolbud2:

I was listening to the audible comments on TRS's video at the time of the booking, where they were obviously questioning the referee's ability to control a game.

I fully appreciate it's not easy to give a decision based on video evidence in this case, but it looked a cast-iron 'yellow' to me !!!

futbolbud2.gif

For what reason was it a CAST IRON YELLOW B.J.R.

futbolbud2.gif

For what reason was it a CAST IRON YELLOW B.J.R.

Maybe I'd better not comment further, seeing as how we now live in the 'Kompensayshun' age !

Sometimes you can not judge from a video ... you need to be there close to the action to judge intent.

Was the player ever going to get the ball or was he only ever going for the player?

Did he get a piece of the ball?

Studs showing or not showing?

One foot in the tackle or two?

All of these things (and more) need to be taken in to consideration when deciding whether to caution (or send off) a player

coffee%20(2).gif

KOMPENSAYSHUN is that your new catchword B.J.R. Football is for pansies nowadays,my take on the incident is did the player play the ball YES,did the player tackle from behind NO,did the player play the ball before contact with the player YES.did the Ref get it wrong YES.

3-2 was probably flattering in the end for Cove. Chertsey had enough chances in the 2nd half to have made it 4 or 5.

1st half was an even match and only slack marking at the back allowed Chertsey's first 2 goals. 3rd goal 2nd half was a push or i would say more like climbing on our centre back for chertsey player to head in from a deep free kick.

Lets put it into perspective: Cove were missing Vine (injured), Woody (flu), Childs (flu) and were forced into making a very early sub for our other only centre back to go off injured. Half time our left winger (Duff) was injured and replaced and with 20 gone of the 2nd half our skipper (me) had to withdraw with a very tight hamstring. We were down to the bare bones before the game and even worse at 90 minutes. A spirited performance from a team having a bit of bad luck ast the moment with sendings off, bad refereeing decisons, and now illness and injuries. Light at the end of the tunnel............???

Yes it sounds like sour grapes but nothing like it. Chertsey were good for their victory. I just would have liked to have had a go at them with a fully fit team to choose from.

Aldershot Tuesday hopefully with a stronger fitter squad......

I note Cove scored both their goals after you were subbed JJ :dance (2):

Not a bad game on an understandably poor pitch. Fantastic bacon cheeseburger (with onions), as usual. Good to meet Green Fingers as well!

HI JJ & TRS,

SAW YOU ON THE FAR SIDE TRS FILMING AWAY, GREAT COVERAGE AS USUAL. YEP BURGER AND THE 3 TEAS I HAD WERE VERY NICE TO BOOT.

ITS JUST MY OPINION JJ, I THOUGHT ON THE DAY CHERTSEY WERE THE BETTER SIDE. TARPEY IS DECENT BUT HAVE TO SAY THAT COVE KEEPER WAS AT FAULT, HEAVENS KNOW WHY HE WAS THAT FAR OUT OF HIS BOX WHEN TARPEY HAD THE DEFENDER TO CONTENT WITH FIRST, SO WHEN HE GOT INVOLVED AND THE BALL BOUNCED NICELY FOR TARPEY WHICH IT MADE IT EASY FOR HIM SCORE. ALTHOUGH I HAVE TO SAY I THOUGHT YOUR PLAYER WAS INITIALLY FOULED BY THE CHERTSEY NO.8 IN THE BUILD UP?

CHERTSEY 2ND GOAL WAS DOWN TO POOR MARKING AND AGAIN THE COVE KEEPER HAS TO BE QUESTIONED ABOUT HIS POSITIONING ? AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT CHERTSEYS 3RD GOAL I BELIEVE THAT YOUR DEFENDER WAS CLIMBED ON, BY MOORHOUSE WAS THAT TOMMY MOORHOUSE CHERTSEY BOY ?

BY THE WAY, WAS THAT YOUR DIVING HEARDER IN THE FIRST HALF, LOOKED JUST LIKE A SWAN IN MID-AIR !!!

HAVE TO AGREE JJ YOUR TEAM DIDNT GIVE UP BUT TO GET 3 BACK WAS A BIG ASK. FINALLY THE BOOKING, YOUR PLAYER CLEARLY GOT THE BALL FIRST BUT THE REF PROBABLY THOUGHT THE FOLLOW THRU' WAS DANGEROUS, SO WHAT NOW, PLAYERS HAVE TO SHOP IN MOTION AS SOON AS THEY CONNECT WITH THE BALL !!! ...................(CUE KROONER !)

ANYWAY, FAIR CROWD, GOOD GRUB, HOT TEA, 5 GOALS, GOOD PERFORMANCES ON WHAT MUST BE DESCRIBED AS A POOR PITCH, ON A FREEZING DAY NOW THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT !

3 teas NG? My goodness me!

My view of the Cove yellow card - the ref was always going to get the card out for that one, as you can't catch the player these days whether or not you get the ball first. Bit of a shame if you ask me, but that seems to be the way it's going. Whether the Chertsey player made more of it than perhaps it was is difficult to say, but the way he went down would've influenced the ref also. Don't remember any other bookings to be honest, quite an easy game for the officials overall.

With the comments at the time of the tackle, I did wonder if that was Smudgey behind me ;)