Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Tues 2nd Feb

Chertsey started much the stronger of the two sides and went 1-0 up through a Pomroy penalty although I thought we should have had a free kick in the build up play which was missed by the linesman.

Chertsey continued to dictate the game and were threatening on the break. They also were unlucky not to extend their lead when a shot rebounded of the post and into the arms of Watson.

Badshot Lea came into the match towards the end of the half and started to unsettle the home side. The second half was much different with Badshot Lea having the majority of the possession for the first 30 minutes and in that period captain Matt Griffiths equalised. In fairness we only really had one or two other shots after that without really testing Stone in the Chertsey goal. For the last 15 minutes I would have to say that the home side put us under immense pressure and I know they felt disappointed not to have taken all 3 points but I would honestly say that I thought a draw was a fair result.

In terms of the rest of the season it is a huge ask with the amount of games to play but as has been said before one game at a time. The two Cup matches v Croydon MO and Woking added to the 25 league matches!!!!! All I will say is that I know the boys will give it a real go but first of all it is preparing for the visit this Saturday of league leaders NGU. It should be a good match and we owe them a game as we didn't turn up in the reverse fixture when they comfortably beat us 4-0.

• 2 weeks later...

Ash v Horley, good game with horley being unlucky not to get something out of the game as they did play some good football at times. However saying that they never really tested our keeper

The main star off the game was the referee. Gave 3 pens, sent 1 off, dissallowed 2goals, gave out several cards some very strange decisions & totally confussed players, management & supporters

but at least we are back to winning ways

Thanks for that aupostie, yes thought we did well with 10 men for 80 mins or so. 1st pen never in a million years. which ruined the game.

the sending off and pen def.

Our pen touch and go.

But I thought we had good possesion and played good football with 10 men but like you said didnt really test your keeper.