Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Sat 20 Feb

TRS

Guildford City 3 - Dorking FC 0.

Guildford City scored twice in the opening 12 minutes through Bradnick and added a third after just 20 minutes as Dorking made a slow start in this CCL Premier League game.

With four away games in a row starting with this local derby at Guildford, and with the hope that Chicks could build on the draw last weekend at home to Raynes Park Vale, the last thing Dorking needed was to concede early on, but Guildford City came out extremely strongly in the opening phases.

Dorking's defence found it difficult to cope as the midfield struggled to retain the ball as wave after wave of home attacks threatened Sam Freeman's goal.

Bridgeman duly scored the home sides third of the afternoon and in truth City should have added to the scoreline, with Dorking holding out to keep the score at 3-0 at half time.

To be fair to the Dorking team, it would have been perhaps expected for City to go on and add to their score such was Guildford's first half dominance. But Dorking dug in and the second period was a far more even affar, Chicks even fashioning some chances of their own, Taylor Mollatt going the closest.

Dorking now face Bookham away on Tuesday 24 Feb (weather permitting), the game to be played at Meadowbank, before a difficult trip to Cove on Saturday.

Team to follow.

Missed chances again 1 shot 1 goal from CR. Look out wattsy for Tuesday we are on the up

Having just seen the weather forecast, heavy rain throughout Monday and also rain on Tuesday, I can't see many midweek fixtures taking place. May as well postpone the 'Boxing Day derby' at Meadowbank now :mad:

Well, both of us live within walking distance of the hallowed turf, and having just inspected my flooded garden this Sunday lunch-time, I'd say your suggestion is the surest bet of the day, TRS

:Kick_Can_emoticon: !

Maybe the answer is to shelve it altogether and make Easter Monday a true '6 pointer'! :yay:

Having been in Dorking this morning, my personal view is that there is more chance of getting sh1t from a rocking-horse than tomorrows game going ahead.

:coffee (2):

Missed chances again 1 shot 1 goal from CR. Look out wattsy for Tuesday we are on the up

Having just seen the weather forecast, heavy rain throughout Monday and also rain on Tuesday, I can't see many midweek fixtures taking place. May as well postpone the 'Boxing Day derby' at Meadowbank now mad.gif

Well, both of us live within walking distance of the hallowed turf, and having just inspected my flooded garden this Sunday lunch-time, I'd say your suggestion is the surest bet of the day, TRS

Kick_Can_emoticon.gif !

Maybe the answer is to shelve it altogether and make Easter Monday a true '6 pointer'! yay.gif

Having been in Dorking this morning, my personal view is that there is more chance of getting sh1t from a rocking-horse than tomorrows game going ahead.

coffee (2).gif

Purley Way drains well B.J.R. maybe you could get dispensation from the League to play it there,never any games off there.Its an all weather surface due to the steep incline.

Matt Baxter was actually with us at Molesey virtually the whole of last season, joining from Ashford Middx after a couple of games. He was top scorer and came close to matching Phil Ruggles recent goalscoring record for the club. He also started banging in goals for us in the current pre-season and began the actual season quite well with regard to goals. Just prior to the new season Matt had promotion at work and has a year when he has to work a lot more than previously, so training and some Saturdays are a problem. Despite this, he started with us in the hope that he could maybe mix the two, but it became more of a problem for him and, because he was unable to commit fully to us, Matt took the opportunity to move from us to Lammas in October - I think - and has done exactly what we expected, and scored loads of goals. I don't really know anything about financial arrangements, but he does score goals and would do so in the CCL Premier for sure, and possibly higher. The problem is that when people drop down and do well, the first thought is that they are getting paid to do so, whereas sometimes outside matters dictate what level of commitment you can give. There are loads of players in the CCL Premier that would easily get into many Ryman sides, ability-wise, but the midweek jaunts to Kent, Sussex or wherever mean that CCL football is their preferred option. Before the changes in his work schedule, Matt was a regular trainer and always available for us, so his commitment was always spot on. It's just one of those things that we all have to accept. There are of course some players who just can't be arsed to go the extra yard, but Matt is certainly not one.

sorry my fault i meant combined counties prem not ryman!! yea hes the only one getting paid jurgs and ur probably thinking how doest the team feel about this, well all i can say is that we dont mind if he scores the goals, you have to pay to get class i think!! if he started with us he would of got 50 goals im telling ya, he has so many chances in game. Yea manager50 i plaued with him at ashford a few years ago and if it wasnt for an ankle injury he would of been first team, he was top scorer in pre season and was starting all the time. he came to lammas because all his mates are here, i dunno about his work but he hasn't missed a game for us yet! i cant really see him staying next year now we know we cant go up again, would be a shame cos he's decent mate!!!

Spot on animal, if he is producing the goods then no problem with one player getting paid. Unfortunately at one of my old clubs (most know which one) one player was getting paid, but was very lazy. Ok when he was scoring, but when the goals dried up it was like playing with 10 men every week!

Spot on animal, if he is producing the goods then no problem with one player getting paid. Unfortunately at one of my old clubs (most know which one) one player was getting paid, but was very lazy. Ok when he was scoring, but when the goals dried up it was like playing with 10 men every week!

Things don't change much TC - better options now though ;)

South Park 4-3 Eversley

Park shot into a deserved 2-0 lead but Eversley pulled one back just before HT with there only chance of the half. Eversley came out flying and equalized straight away from a shot/cross?!!?, Park got back into the lead, the Eversley again scored in the last 5 mins, but Park nicked it in the last minute. Great game for the neutrals, but not the managers!

Slightly spoiled by the whistle happy ref, be interested what you thought of it Danieljpn

Hi Molly

Daniel wasn`t there but I was and absolutely no complaints, after the way we defended today it would have been daylight robbery if we had nicked a point!

http://www.eversleyfootballclub.co.uk/2010/02/22/south-park-4-3-eversley-sat-20th-feb-ccl1/

South Park 4-3 Eversley

Park shot into a deserved 2-0 lead but Eversley pulled one back just before HT with there only chance of the half. Eversley came out flying and equalized straight away from a shot/cross?!!?, Park got back into the lead, the Eversley again scored in the last 5 mins, but Park nicked it in the last minute. Great game for the neutrals, but not the managers!

Slightly spoiled by the whistle happy ref, be interested what you thought of it Danieljpn

Hi Molly

Daniel wasn`t there but I was and absolutely no complaints, after the way we defended today it would have been daylight robbery if we had nicked a point!

http://www.eversleyf...-20th-feb-ccl1/

Did you play or just watch?

sorry my fault i meant combined counties prem not ryman!! yea hes the only one getting paid jurgs and ur probably thinking how doest the team feel about this, well all i can say is that we dont mind if he scores the goals, you have to pay to get class i think!! if he started with us he would of got 50 goals im telling ya, he has so many chances in game. Yea manager50 i plaued with him at ashford a few years ago and if it wasnt for an ankle injury he would of been first team, he was top scorer in pre season and was starting all the time. he came to lammas because all his mates are here, i dunno about his work but he hasn't missed a game for us yet! i cant really see him staying next year now we know we cant go up again, would be a shame cos he's decent mate!!!

That seems a bit weird cos he wouldnt score much without the team creating the chances or the keeper denying them at the other end, but i guess if your all okay with it then kl. Im sure hes the first to ask any of his team mates if they want a drink in the bar after matches.

South Park 4-3 Eversley

Hi Molly

http://www.eversleyf...-20th-feb-ccl1/

Did you play or just watch?

Just watched - involved on the managemnet side so tearing my hair out for most of the game!