Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kent League

Cannot see the correlation between Forming a new Step 6 League in Kent has anything to do with C.C.L. Is it not a LEAGUE REQUIREMENT that Teams are based in Surrey,Hampshire,Middlesex to be Members.

Have we any Kent based teams in C.C.L. at present, NO.

Edited by Smudge

Beckenham Town has been banded around but will there be any space.

Add that to Binfield, Ascot, Wokingham all rumoured to want to join the CCL.

Be surprised if any of them will be though.

More likely is Teams transferring into Div 1. Farnborough North End being a possibility.

Hmmm I remember the days of travelling to Withdean 2000 in the Premier days!! All the way to the Withdean Stadium and then they moved onto Worthing FC before unfortunatly folding!

Shame they had a decent side and I believe they won the league too at one point before the AFC Wombles arrived.

Hmmm I remember the days of travelling to Withdean 2000 in the Premier days!! All the way to the Withdean Stadium and then they moved onto Worthing FC before unfortunatly folding!

Shame they had a decent side and I believe they won the league too at one point before the AFC Wombles arrived.

and the league cup in which they beat Johnno and Ash United in the final at Woking :mad:

They won it even with AFC Wimbledon around

2002/03 Premier Division League Table

P W D L F A Pts GD

1. WITHDEAN 2000 46 40 4 2 143 32 124 +111

2. AFC WALLINGFORD 46 37 4 5 129 33 115 +96

3. AFC WIMBLEDON 46 36 3 7 125 46 111 +79

NGU can only get a maximum of 102 points if they win all of their remaining 11 matches.

Shows how much closer the league is this year and how bottom can beat top on their day!!

P W D L F A Pts GD

Yep we finished 4th that season and the champions couldn't beat me (err I mean us :smilewinkgrin: ) we drew both games 0-0 with them. They were a decent team as were Wallingford. That was Wimbledon's first season in the league. Broke my fecking arm @ Merstham the Saturday before we played them too.... :angry:

Is it not a LEAGUE REQUIREMENT that Teams are based in Surrey,Hampshire,Middlesex to be Members.

No. It's a league requirement that teams must be based in England or Wales. It's one of those rules that every league in the National league System has.

These days the FA can virtually force teams into leagues. They decide which leagues the clubs coming down from step 4 go into and they also decide which leagues clubs going up from step 5 go into unless you get on your high horse like Lowestoft and refuse to accept promotion unless you're put into the league you want.

P W D L F A Pts GD

That season and possibly the following season had to have been my favorites in CCL football! The buzz of AFC when they came into the league and just in general I loved it :discobanana: