Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Did anybody else see

Yes, the ones you answered were correct. I don't think you would have got the one about the number on the label of one their records, but as I can't remember the exact question, I can't ask you it.

I know they were easy, I got all those right, and I know very little about the Beatles. I can't remember the harder ones because I didn't know them, hence the request for help from anybody else.

I've just sussed out your music tastes, Thornsy...

You seem to ONLY like stuff that is fast, loud and bouncy. Carter, early-Inspirals, Chumbawumba, Junior Senior etc.

Anything slower, or a bit meloncholy, or a bit thought-provoking, you don't seem to get, hence why you doesn't like middle-period Inspirals or Radiohead. Also, why you have no clue about anything the Beatles did after 1964.

That is not a criticism, by the way. I do, and always, respected your music tastes, goddammit!!

There are different musics for different things, Radiohead require concerntration, whereas if you just want something as a pleasant background noise get out the coldplay albums, no disrespect but it's just easy listening.

Great music requires effort, good music doesn't need a great deal and pop music is for people with a very short span of attention.

Quote:
SteveP said:
, Radiohead require concerntration, .

sorry to pull u up on this but radiohead require the OFF button end off...

why do people make out that they are some innovative life changing force

just a bunch of spoilt middle class kidz from Oxford ...

Krafwerk it aint

I never said they were life changing, in my opinion they are by far the best band out there at the moment. A lot of people like their work because it is innovative, agreed it certainly isn't Kraftwerk, but it mixes styles and they're one of the few bands I still anticipate seeing or hearing because I think they're just a bit special and I cn honestly say none of their albums have let me down yet.

Manics aren't bad, a bit overrated in my opinion.

Quote:
Little Miss Urchin said:
Quote:
why do people make out that they are some innovative life changing force

Didn't people say something similar about the Manics? Now they are a bunch of poo!

Manics are OK. Got a few of their albums but they're not as good as people make out.

I have to agree with Zeal on this one. Whenever I listen to music I always turn the telly off and just concentrate on what I'm listening to.

For me, a good piece of music is one that makes me feel some sort of emotion, whether it be a good or bad one. The reason I find music by the likes of The Beatles, Oasis, Radiohead, Blur, The Manics etcetc so enduring is because the albums they produce grab my attention and every song makes me feel something different. I get something new out of it every time I listen to it. Albums by the likes of Coldplay don't really do that for me, even though I enjoy them. There's a certain lack of depth to their songs (I'm just using Coldplay as an example here) and I often feel that once I've heard the album once, there's nothing else to learn about them.

As I've said in a previous post Coldplay can only really produce one type of song, reflective loved up ballads. They need to produce a far wider range. Any good rock group can do a wide range of stuff from ballads to epic guitar anthems. I think Coldplay need to discover a new sound and provide more raucous and hard hitting vocals before they can be ranked alongside the likes of The Beatles, Stones, Oasis and U2.