Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Did anybody else see

Quote:
YELLOW-ARMY-2003 said:
As I've said in a previous post Coldplay can only really produce one type of song, reflective loved up ballads. They need to produce a far wider range. Any good rock group can do a wide range of stuff from ballads to epic guitar anthems. I think Coldplay need to discover a new sound and provide more raucous and hard hitting vocals before they can be ranked alongside the likes of The Beatles, Stones, Oasis and U2.

When were Oasis ranked alongside The Beatles, Stones and U2? They are the masters of the 'same sound' generation. They may of sold a lot of records and been the biggest band in the country (not the world remember) for a while but the music is hardly as diverse as The Beatles, Stones and U2.
Coldplay will never be up there either, the be honest I doubt wether there will ever be another internatinal supergroup in the mould of the Beatles, Stones and U2 again.

On another note - Coldplay have broke America that must make them bigger than Oasis ever were!

Quote:
Oasis made one good album, one OK and the rest very average IMO

Hmmm. Oasis made two excellent albums, and are the only band to feature twice in the majority of "best albums of the '90s" polls. Both Def Maybe and Morning Glory are faultless.

Most bands will never even make one excellent album.

Ho hum. I'll let you argue amongst yourselves but at the end of the day it's just a matter of opinion.