Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 17/04

CTS

Sheerwater 3-8 Lammas

A lovely sunny day saw a great game played at the recreation ground, First half was a great half for the neutral with lammas goin in 4-3 at the break with goals from Matt Baxter, Steve Willmore, Ben Jacob and Jimmy Stanford, Second half was a bot quieter with SW having opportunities to equalise until Lammas killed the the game of by adding another four with Willmore, Jacob and Baxter all adding to their tally and a goal from Chris Baker to make it 8! Good result which keeps us in the top 3 but now hoping knaphill slip up as i believe they will be the only team that could go above us! I believe the others will have too many games to play and will get tired legs!

8-3?! was it an 8-3 game? definate one for the spectator! after Sheerwater got a win over cobham midweek I would of thought the score would of been closer? I hear they have improved as of late and have a couple of good ball players??

Do you think Knaphill will catch you or slip up at the last minute like last year? ........

It depends which sheerwa

erm i think 8 goals sounds a bit harsh on Sheerwater but we just couldnt miss to be honest, i like sheerwater , i mean we went 4-1 up i think and then they got behind the ball and we found it hard to break them down and the last 4 goals were on the break and from Corners! i think they can be a decent team they have good players, mst say aswell the pitch was lovely compared to the ones we ve played on recentley was nice to play on a pitch with abit of grass on it. as for Knaphill i really dont know wats gonna happen, this league just surprises me every week with results, well we,ve got Sheerwater again saturday and CB the week after and thats its, Knaphill can go 3 points ahead of us if they win but looking at there fixtures theres still a few tough ones for them like bedfont, Farnham and cobham so we;ll have to wait and see. I mean bedfont can go 1 point above if they win all theres but they have some tough 1s like Knaphill and Mole valley, i just think these teams will be playing Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday to make the games up and i think it could cach up with the legs! wat do u think about the final 3?

It will be interesting climax to the season as it was last year! it surely cant be as close as it was last year?! I think Worcester Park and Mole Valley will finish in the top 3, but the other spot could go to a number of clubs! like you said the backlog of games for some teams might catch up for them. well lets see if can knaphill pick up 3 points against Sheerwater tomorrow night.... I take it you will be taking an interesting look at it as it can affect you? any predictions?

It depends which Sheerwater turns up to be honest, if its the the one that turned up against Cobham then it could be a tricky 1 but if its the same team that turned up in the first 20 mins against us then Knaphill could nick it im guna go with a 3-3 draw! u?

I would have to agree there, i think it will matter on what Sheerwater turn up. Knaphill are a very good footballing team and playing on that big pitch they have will suit them. I think it will be either 2-2 draw, or 3-2 knaphill. Going by the league table it is a must win for knaphill, although i know you will be preying for a Sheerwater win.......?

Was at the Croydon v NGU game on Saturday. The moaning about contentious decisions apart, it was an enjoyable game. Croydon tried to play good football and looked better than their league position. NGU defended well when they had to & took their chances. The momentum is definitely with them - 6 wins and a draw since losing to Guildford. Their goal difference advantage is such that they need just 10 points maximum from their last 6 games.

On the penalty which Croydon complained about at great length, the defender handled the ball inside the area. That he fell over, that he may not have intended to handle the ball doesn't matter.

Sheerwater 3-8 Lammas

A lovely sunny day saw a great game played at the recreation ground, First half was a great half for the neutral with lammas goin in 4-3 at the break with goals from Matt Baxter, Steve Willmore, Ben Jacob and Jimmy Stanford, Second half was a bot quieter with SW having opportunities to equalise until Lammas killed the the game of by adding another four with Willmore, Jacob and Baxter all adding to their tally and a goal from Chris Baker to make it 8! Good result which keeps us in the top 3 but now hoping knaphill slip up as i believe they will be the only team that could go above us! I believe the others will have too many games to play and will get tired legs!

8-3?! was it an 8-3 game? definate one for the spectator! after Sheerwater got a win over cobham midweek I would of thought the score would of been closer? I hear they have improved as of late and have a couple of good ball players??

Do you think Knaphill will catch you or slip up at the last minute like last year? ........

It depends which sheerwa

erm i think 8 goals sounds a bit harsh on Sheerwater but we just couldnt miss to be honest, i like sheerwater , i mean we went 4-1 up i think and then they got behind the ball and we found it hard to break them down and the last 4 goals were on the break and from Corners! i think they can be a decent team they have good players, mst say aswell the pitch was lovely compared to the ones we ve played on recentley was nice to play on a pitch with abit of grass on it. as for Knaphill i really dont know wats gonna happen, this league just surprises me every week with results, well we,ve got Sheerwater again saturday and CB the week after and thats its, Knaphill can go 3 points ahead of us if they win but looking at there fixtures theres still a few tough ones for them like bedfont, Farnham and cobham so we;ll have to wait and see. I mean bedfont can go 1 point above if they win all theres but they have some tough 1s like Knaphill and Mole valley, i just think these teams will be playing Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday to make the games up and i think it could cach up with the legs! wat do u think about the final 3?

It will be interesting climax to the season as it was last year! it surely cant be as close as it was last year?! I think Worcester Park and Mole Valley will finish in the top 3, but the other spot could go to a number of clubs! like you said the backlog of games for some teams might catch up for them. well lets see if can knaphill pick up 3 points against Sheerwater tomorrow night.... I take it you will be taking an interesting look at it as it can affect you? any predictions?

It depends which Sheerwater turns up to be honest, if its the the one that turned up against Cobham then it could be a tricky 1 but if its the same team that turned up in the first 20 mins against us then Knaphill could nick it im guna go with a 3-3 draw! u?

I would have to agree there, i think it will matter on what Sheerwater turn up. Knaphill are a very good footballing team and playing on that big pitch they have will suit them. I think it will be either 2-2 draw, or 3-2 knaphill. Going by the league table it is a must win for knaphill, although i know you will be preying for a Sheerwater win.......?

yea will be hoping for a good result!! all we can do is just win our remaining games and we might get top 3 which after a very poor start again wouldnt be that bad and if we could go up then that would be promotion! job done!!