Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 17/04

CTS

Eversley 1-1 Warlingham

A typical end of season game in glorious weather. We took lead on 3 mins and should have scored again before Eversley equalised on 20 mins. Solid performance from our centre half Cecil. Overall a point for both sides was fair and Warlinghams ubeaten run is now at 10 games. First time I have been to Eversley nice set up and all things pointing in right direction for them nice people and good luck to them in getting their ground upto the standard.

couldn't agree more Tucks. Two worn out teams with players missing on both sides and both way below their best. Neither side did enough to take the points and 1-1 a fair result in almost a chanceless game.

And dont forget a knackered manager for Warlingham....!enjoyable day and beers after just a shame the fixtures left both teams drained. good luck for the season hope your keep winning

Eversley 1-1 Warlingham

A typical end of season game in glorious weather. We took lead on 3 mins and should have scored again before Eversley equalised on 20 mins. Solid performance from our centre half Cecil. Overall a point for both sides was fair and Warlinghams ubeaten run is now at 10 games. First time I have been to Eversley nice set up and all things pointing in right direction for them nice people and good luck to them in getting their ground upto the standard.

couldn't agree more Tucks. Two worn out teams with players missing on both sides and both way below their best. Neither side did enough to take the points and 1-1 a fair result in almost a chanceless game.

And dont forget a knackered manager for Warlingham....!enjoyable day and beers after just a shame the fixtures left both teams drained. good luck for the season hope your keep winning

Ha Ha I feel shattered. First time I have played in nearly 4 years. Had two players really struggling in warm up and both could hardly walk. So as you do I named myself on bench expecting not to come on.....How wrong!! Games on Tuesday and Thursday did us no favours at all. We got Farnham Tuesday night , needless to say I wont be named as a sub!

Bookham win the game with 3 goals in the final 15minutes of the game. We go 1 up with a minute. Look in control until on 75 minutes we decide to press the self distruct button & let in 2 goals in a minute. Bookham then score their third with 2 minutes to go.

Reading other reports it seems a day when offcials were not good & it was no better at Bookham today, but saying that even if they were poor we throw it away to by not performing especially in the 2nd half & to Bookham's credit they certainly looked a different side after half time

Unfortunately, I missed the first 30 minutes of the game due to family commitments.

I can only agree with what aupostie wrote above, both on his match comments and his comments on the officials.

Edited by Big J R

Bedfont 5 Dorking 0

Dorking’s Jeckyl and Hyde nature once more surfaced on Saturday as a very poor opening 30 minute spell cost Chicks whatever chance they may have had in getting something out of the game, this happening just days after Chicks had kept a clean sheet at high flying Epsom & Ewell.

And with Bookham winning, and Colliers Wood United drawing, Dorking’s chances of avoiding bottom spot look slim as Dorking enter the last 5 games of the season, starting with a home game against Horley town on Tuesday night.

The only sliver of hope is that 4 of the last 6 games are official home games, with one of the remaining games being an “away “ fixture at Bookham, to be played at Meadowbank Dorking on the first May Bank Holiday Monday. Dorking also have to play the two sides immediately above them in the league, Bookham and Colliers Wood.

Dorking's next 4 games are all at home – on Tuesday, Chicks entertain Horley, on Saturday 24 April, Dorking entertain Wembley, followed by a home game vs Cove on Tuesday 27 April.

Dorking’s task against a Bedfont side that had beaten Horley Town comfortably 4-1 midweek was made all the more difficult by an inability to put the same side out that had done really well in the draw last Monday at Epsom & Ewell, where Chicks had held their own and could have even snatched a rare victory. Captain Mamoud Meite was trapped in France by the shut down of Briitish airports due to the Icelandic volcanic ash, and several other players were missing due to work commitments.

That said, Dorking had been upbeat going into the game, believing a win could spark their season into life, so it was something of a disappointment to see the side start so slowly and with such little competitive fight in the opening half an hour. In that period Bedfont put the game out of sight, scoring 4 goals in a rampant period in which Dorking struggled to get any sort of foothold in the game.

Half time came and a much needed team talk was given, Chicks emerging a much more resilient side in the second period, with Bedfont rounding off their win with a 5th late on, and leaving Dorking to reflect on what had gone wrong in the opening half hour of the game.

Team to follow

The ref was fine at Wembley yesterday. It was also a 99% whinge-free zone from the players which, along with the weather and the result, made it a good day to watch football. The Wembley supporters have always been a good, honest bunch as well. More games like that will do.

There was one lino who looked very nervous, inexperienced and unsure of himself who got a mouthful on one occassion from one of their players but it was funny seeing our players point out to the ref that his behaviour was out of order.

Well done to both teams for providing a good, honest game of football that was a pleasure to watch.

I think our game at home to Badshot Lea on Tuesday may be a bit more niggly. Let's hope we've got a strong ref for it or lets hope Baggy Lea have their minds on their Surrey Senior Cup semi on Thursday.

OK I hold my hands up - guilty of second level moaning- metamoaning (moaning about moaning) . Also didn't express myself clearly enough re Badshots second equaliser... It's a bit like the Palace Villa cup game earlier in the year when Neil Warnock went potty about a corner incorrectlty awarded from which a goal was scored. The reason the goal was scored was not the incorrect corner award but that a Palace player did not track back his runner at that corner.

The frustration I was expressing was that across the game regardless of respect campaigns is that the teams that moan at and hassle refs tend to be the most successful ones . Thats why part of my soul leaps with joy every time John Terry (and Roy Keane in his day ) get sent off.

There's also the wider point that just jarred wit me a little about comments like the referee spoilt someones day . That's actually quite a sad comment and i bring into this the sucession of apparently appallling officials Lensmeister has seen at Croydon- and before anyone accuses me of hypocrisy I've had many occasions where I've got frustrated with refs. If we're letting refs spoil our day on the few iffy decisions of limited game changing character that occured on Saturday-then our day is easily spoilt.

What I saw was a fair enough draw between two teams that have some ability on a beautiful sunny day and had a good chat with my mates ,a few off decisions that didn't matter that much shouldn't spoil that . Krooner would probably come on here and say the ref made less poor decisions than the players misplaced passes. Looking forward to 1st May at Farnborough - lets hope they keep their sprinklers under control this year .

Mole Valley SCR 2 Knaphill 0

So our winning run comes to an end, always disappointing when these things happen. Looks like the title is now MVCSR's to lose, Worcester Park look as if they have enough points on the board to secure a top three place, just down to us to overhaul Staines Lammas and take the last top three spot.

Congratulations to Knaphill Ladies on winning the League & Cup double in their very first year of existance! 100% record in the league, quarter-final of the County Cup, what a great season, onwards and upwards.

Also Knaphill to field an U18 side in the Allied Counties League next season, moves both on and off the pitch for the Knappers. Keep watching this space!

Mole Valley SCR 2 Knaphill 0

Also Knaphill to field an U18 side in the Allied Counties League next season

Do you mean the Cove in the Allied Counties League are changing thier name to Knaphill?

My view on the Croydon v N.G.U. game from the Terraces.On 5 minutes a howler of a mistake by Croydon keeper Craig Bradshaw,which in my opinion should of seen him sent off,for handball outside the area,as the last defender,but as it went over his head and the Ref.played advantage,tap in D.Lawrence,No booking though.The nearside Assistant to me was very busy with his Flag,and in my opinion got 3 offside decisions wrong against the Croydon forwards.1-0 half time.Second Half the same Assistant was well involved in many so called contentious decisions,that have been mentioned by Lensmeister,but in his defence every call he made was correct,firstly the Penalty ,Ollie Young was on the floor,but made a 2nd movement with his hand to knock the ball away from Danger.D.Lawrence dispatched the Penalty with aplomb.The 3rd goal showed what a great asset D.Lawrence is for N.G.U.his well timed run beating 2 Croydon Defenders,and showing great composure, with a clinical finish,despite loud shouts that he was offside which he never was.I have learnt over the last 3 games watching,Badshot Lea,Egham,N.G.U. that as a player shout for everything,Throw In,Handball,Foul,Offside,before they are given and your sure to get some that were not yours,Gamesmanship but within the Rules,but moan afterwards all your get is a booking.The N.G.U. Committee were an excellent bunch,hope they Win the Title.WHO WOULD BE A REF.NOT ME.

Sandhurst 0 Horley 1

0 mins - the ref started the game

45 mins- the ref blew for half time

80 mins - Horley score

90 mins - full time

Thats how good the game was.

Unfortunately, officials not great - very picky and only interested in cautioning for dissent.

Boring rubbish game, Horley poor, we were terrible.

A lot more in the game Sandhurst hit wood work twice Horley hit woodwork once Thought it was a good game with both teams trying to play some football

Sheerwater 3-8 Lammas

A lovely sunny day saw a great game played at the recreation ground, First half was a great half for the neutral with lammas goin in 4-3 at the break with goals from Matt Baxter, Steve Willmore, Ben Jacob and Jimmy Stanford, Second half was a bot quieter with SW having opportunities to equalise until Lammas killed the the game of by adding another four with Willmore, Jacob and Baxter all adding to their tally and a goal from Chris Baker to make it 8! Good result which keeps us in the top 3 but now hoping knaphill slip up as i believe they will be the only team that could go above us! I believe the others will have too many games to play and will get tired legs!

Sheerwater 3-8 Lammas

A lovely sunny day saw a great game played at the recreation ground, First half was a great half for the neutral with lammas goin in 4-3 at the break with goals from Matt Baxter, Steve Willmore, Ben Jacob and Jimmy Stanford, Second half was a bot quieter with SW having opportunities to equalise until Lammas killed the the game of by adding another four with Willmore, Jacob and Baxter all adding to their tally and a goal from Chris Baker to make it 8! Good result which keeps us in the top 3 but now hoping knaphill slip up as i believe they will be the only team that could go above us! I believe the others will have too many games to play and will get tired legs!

8-3?! was it an 8-3 game? definate one for the spectator! after Sheerwater got a win over cobham midweek I would of thought the score would of been closer? I hear they have improved as of late and have a couple of good ball players??

Do you think Knaphill will catch you or slip up at the last minute like last year? ........

Sandhurst 0 Horley 1

0 mins - the ref started the game

45 mins- the ref blew for half time

80 mins - Horley score

90 mins - full time

Thats how good the game was.

Unfortunately, officials not great - very picky and only interested in cautioning for dissent.

Boring rubbish game, Horley poor, we were terrible.

A lot more in the game Sandhurst hit wood work twice Horley hit woodwork once Thought it was a good game with both teams trying to play some football

Thats true - just how I felt after the game.

At least you missed the goal on your video. After it went in I heard you say that you were just about to record that bit.

I hope that is a typo on your video title: http://www.youtube.com/user/HORLEYFC

Sheerwater 3-8 Lammas

8-3?! was it an 8-3 game? definate one for the spectator! after Sheerwater got a win over cobham midweek I would of thought the score would of been closer? I hear they have improved as of late and have a couple of good ball players??

Do you think Knaphill will catch you or slip up at the last minute like last year? ........

erm i think 8 goals sounds a bit harsh on Sheerwater but we just couldnt miss to be honest, i like sheerwater , i mean we went 4-1 up i think and then they got behind the ball and we found it hard to break them down and the last 4 goals were on the break and from Corners! i think they can be a decent team they have good players, mst say aswell the pitch was lovely compared to the ones we ve played on recentley was nice to play on a pitch with abit of grass on it. as for Knaphill i really dont know wats gonna happen, this league just surprises me every week with results, well we,ve got Sheerwater again saturday and CB the week after and thats its, Knaphill can go 3 points ahead of us if they win but looking at there fixtures theres still a few tough ones for them like bedfont, Farnham and cobham so we;ll have to wait and see. I mean bedfont can go 1 point above if they win all theres but they have some tough 1s like Knaphill and Mole valley, i just think these teams will be playing Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday to make the games up and i think it could cach up with the legs! wat do u think about the final 3?

Sheerwater 3-8 Lammas

erm i think 8 goals sounds a bit harsh on Sheerwater but we just couldnt miss to be honest, i like sheerwater , i mean we went 4-1 up i think and then they got behind the ball and we found it hard to break them down and the last 4 goals were on the break and from Corners! i think they can be a decent team they have good players, mst say aswell the pitch was lovely compared to the ones we ve played on recentley was nice to play on a pitch with abit of grass on it. as for Knaphill i really dont know wats gonna happen, this league just surprises me every week with results, well we,ve got Sheerwater again saturday and CB the week after and thats its, Knaphill can go 3 points ahead of us if they win but looking at there fixtures theres still a few tough ones for them like bedfont, Farnham and cobham so we;ll have to wait and see. I mean bedfont can go 1 point above if they win all theres but they have some tough 1s like Knaphill and Mole valley, i just think these teams will be playing Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday to make the games up and i think it could cach up with the legs! wat do u think about the final 3?

It will be interesting climax to the season as it was last year! it surely cant be as close as it was last year?! I think Worcester Park and Mole Valley will finish in the top 3, but the other spot could go to a number of clubs! like you said the backlog of games for some teams might catch up for them. well lets see if can knaphill pick up 3 points against Sheerwater tomorrow night.... I take it you will be taking an interesting look at it as it can affect you? any predictions?

Sheerwater 3-8 Lammas

It depends which sheerwa

It will be interesting climax to the season as it was last year! it surely cant be as close as it was last year?! I think Worcester Park and Mole Valley will finish in the top 3, but the other spot could go to a number of clubs! like you said the backlog of games for some teams might catch up for them. well lets see if can knaphill pick up 3 points against Sheerwater tomorrow night.... I take it you will be taking an interesting look at it as it can affect you? any predictions?

It depends which Sheerwater turns up to be honest, if its the the one that turned up against Cobham then it could be a tricky 1 but if its the same team that turned up in the first 20 mins against us then Knaphill could nick it im guna go with a 3-3 draw! u?