Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Worcester Parks Title?

Smudge

Knaphill 2 - 0 Bedfont Sports

Good result for us last night. On paper, it was looking like a tough game as it was close at their ground a few weeks ago but to be honest, we dominated throughout the game I thought and we never really looked like conceding. Think Bedfont missed the guy who was number 9 when they played against us at their ground, good player, but without him, they didnt really ever seem like scoring.

If we can get 3 points against Sheerwater on Saturday, we're left with 2 tricky games against Farnham and Cobham but would make us even more up for the challenge with the possibility of finishing 3rd getting closer.

Good result for Mole Valley, Farleigh seemed to have been finding some form of late. Surprising defeat for Wrocester Park although the title is all but theirs anyway.

Knaphill 2 - 0 Bedfont Sports

Good result for us last night. On paper, it was looking like a tough game as it was close at their ground a few weeks ago but to be honest, we dominated throughout the game I thought and we never really looked like conceding. Think Bedfont missed the guy who was number 9 when they played against us at their ground, good player, but without him, they didnt really ever seem like scoring.

If we can get 3 points against Sheerwater on Saturday, we're left with 2 tricky games against Farnham and Cobham but would make us even more up for the challenge with the possibility of finishing 3rd getting closer.

Good result for Mole Valley, Farleigh seemed to have been finding some form of late. Surprising defeat for Wrocester Park although the title is all but theirs anyway.

It was a surprising result for Worcester Park! although Hounslow arent doing very well in the league, it is never an easy place to go to! Mole Valley have the pressure now of winning all the games to win the league and looks like you need to win yours to guarantee 3rd spot. Surely 3 points at sheerwater this saturday? although staines only just beat them last week. pressure is on! lets just hope it isnt like last year and at the last game throw it away!

Staines Lammas lost their Appeal at the F.A.for their Groundshare arrangements(out of time).

Are you sure about that Smudge? I was told this morning by somebody at Lammas that they won their appeal at The FA...

Was told this by The Lammas Committee guys,not all but some,in the bar before Municipals game there.Because as THE FAN says in another thread thats how I operate,I talk to people over a drink,felt a bit sorry for them really,but the F.A never help lower level Clubs progress.So the answer to your question is YES. Unless you can Appeal an Appeal.Expensive.

Edited by Smudge

SMUDGE is that what they call a bite?.

maybe operate was the wrong word, as i see its offended you. thats the last thing i wanted to do. as you are a true football man. and ive seen that in action as well.coffee%20%282%29.gif

G.P. may of done but was told their Groundshare at Ashford Town (Middx)was out of time.Be suprised if the F.A would change their stance,but hope they have,because Staines Lammas are nice Club ,with nice People.And on their performance on the pitch they deserve it.

G.P. may of done but was told their Groundshare at Ashford Town (Middx)was out of time.Be suprised if the F.A would change their stance,but hope they have,because Staines Lammas are nice Club ,with nice People.And on their performance on the pitch they deserve it.

Lammas lost their appeal. Not only did I have that confirmed to me by a colleague, but Mr Wharf spoke about it at length in our local paper. However, we are looking forward to having Lammas at Short Lane next season and at least they now know they can get promotion next term.

Lammas lost their appeal. Not only did I have that confirmed to me by a colleague, but Mr Wharf spoke about it at length in our local paper. However, we are looking forward to having Lammas at Short Lane next season and at least they now know they can get promotion next term.

Yes i can confirm that we did lose our appeal at lammas for about the 5th time, but after a season with Ashford next season apparently we,ve been given the green light to create a ground with lights at the esso club about 200 yrds from short lane, also i duno whether this is true or not maybe someone could clarify but we heard that North greenford didnt have something in place in time to go up to the next league! is this true, if so it would be intresting to see what the league say after they rejected our appeal for not having our plans in on time!!

Yes i can confirm that we did lose our appeal at lammas for about the 5th time, but after a season with Ashford next season apparently we,ve been given the green light to create a ground with lights at the esso club about 200 yrds from short lane, also i duno whether this is true or not maybe someone could clarify but we heard that North greenford didnt have something in place in time to go up to the next league! is this true, if so it would be intresting to see what the league say after they rejected our appeal for not having our plans in on time!!

Animal, I'd be amazed if Lammas got permission to develop the Esso club, particularly given the problems Ashford have had trying to improve Short Lane! Mind you, if Lammas did get that site, it would eliminate almost all obstacles to our own development plans, so I kind of hope it is true. Lammas are a good club who approach things properly and I'd like to see them progress.

what is it that Lammas cannot get permission for? Lights or Stand or both?

If it is just the stand, ground share with Ashford and use the Lammas ground for reserve games for both Lammas and Ashford.

I reckon that this could be the way forward for most teams.

If it is just the stand, ground share with Ashford and use the Lammas ground for reserve games for both Lammas and Ashford.

Both, I think. There are a couple of issues with putting lights up at Laleham Rec, one of which is the complete lack of room on the far side. I think Lammas actually bought some floodlights, but can't put them in place.

Edited by Beano

Both, I think. There are a couple of issues with putting lights up at Laleham Rec, one of which is the complete lack of room on the far side. I think Lammas actually bought some floodlights, but can't put them in place.

We cant get permission for floodlights because of residents, so the plan is to share with ashford and the ressies play at laleham, again i dunno about the esso club beano its only what ive heard!! beano is ur name gareth??

We were refused permission to put up lights simply because of green belt. The fence over the far side would have got taken down to accomodate the floodlights but the reality is that half of the pitch is green belt and we were unable to get permission to erect a pylon on that side of the pitch no matter how we tried.

Just because the site is Green Belt shouldn't be a reason on it's own for planning permission to be refused for floodlights - Short Lane is Green Belt and the issue we had was the residents. To get floodlights at our place, we had to move the pitch nine metres towards the Tank End, which is why that end is so tight. The theory being that would reduce disturbance for the neighbours. Of course, the real issue is that the Council don't seem to care about sport. We're trying to get planning permission for various improvements but we can't even get the council to talk to us!

Animal, to answer your question: How many people known as "Beano" do you think there are at Ashford Town? ;) So yes, you know who I am... not that it's any great secret!

Just because the site is Green Belt shouldn't be a reason on it's own for planning permission to be refused for floodlights - Short Lane is Green Belt and the issue we had was the residents. To get floodlights at our place, we had to move the pitch nine metres towards the Tank End, which is why that end is so tight. The theory being that would reduce disturbance for the neighbours. Of course, the real issue is that the Council don't seem to care about sport. We're trying to get planning permission for various improvements but we can't even get the council to talk to us!

Animal, to answer your question: How many people known as "Beano" do you think there are at Ashford Town? wink.gif So yes, you know who I am... not that it's any great secret!

Beano it was probaby me that started that name when i was at Ashford but can u guess who i am?????

Animal, to answer your question: How many people known as "Beano" do you think there are at Ashford Town? wink.gif So yes, you know who I am... not that it's any great secret!

Beano it was probaby me that started that name when i was at Ashford but can u guess who i am?????

Hmm... I have a suspicion! If you're who I think you are, I wouldn't have expected Joey Barton to be your favourite player, though...

Hmm... I have a suspicion! If you're who I think you are, I wouldn't have expected Joey Barton to be your favourite player, though...

You would if you had seen him play,that's why he got Animal as his Moniker.cheesy%20(2).gif

You would if you had seen him play,that's why he got Animal as his Moniker.cheesy%20%282%29.gif

Hmmm... must be something they feed 'em at the Lammas then! We didn't have any of that at Short Lane... but then again, it was Reserve Team football.