Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season Friendlies Wanted

In an attempt to enjoy the World Cup & enjoy some time off we are trying to fill a few last slots for friendlies,

Saturday 31st July (Can do double header)

Tuesday 3rd August

Saturday 10th August (Can do dounle header)

Ideally away from home but could maybe do 1 of the 3 at Home.

If Away then we will pay for officials,

Please PM,

Thanks

Dorking Wanderers FC (Sorry to barge your forum)

No need to say sorry, anyones welcome in here :smilewinkgrin:

At a guess I'd say the 10th of August could possible be around the first day of the new season but I'm sure someone will take you up on some offers for friendlies. I'll pass these dates onto the guys at Westfield and see what they say :discobanana:

If it helps with working out pre-season schedules, we have had it confirmed that the Extra Qualifying round of the FA Cup is set for August 14th and the CCL will therefore start the week prior, which is August 7th. This was advised to us, I believe, by Whitelaw - so you know it is correct. The reason is that it gives all CCL clubs who may be involved at that stage a game at least before entering the greatest domestic cup there is. Also, you will note that 10th August is a Tuesday, not a Saturday.

Perhaps Whitelaw could confirm the dates, in case I have got it wrong, but we are certainly working on the basis that we will be starting on August 7th - just under 3 months time!!!!

Hartley Wintney Third team are looking for pre-season friendlies and would rather play away as most of our friendlies have been at home in the past.

We currently play in the Aldershot div 1 and could play Saturdays/Sundays.

Would rate us as a very good Sunday side.

Drop me a line if you fancy a game

hwfcsecretary@yahoo.co.uk

Confirmed that the League will start on Sat 7 August. It is very early but probably no-one would want to start with an FA Cup match, which they would otherwise, as the Extra-Preliminary Round of the FA Cup is on Sat 14 August. I am aware that not all clubs in Div 1 are able to enter the FA Cup but nevertheless the earlier we start, when everyone is still full of enthusiasm, the fewer early evening midweek matches we have at the end of the season. In the end apart from a few reserve matches, we managed to complete the season on Sat 8 May, despite just about the worst season for postponements that I can remember.

Going back to the start, the only other alternative is to start in midweek (i.e. Tue 10 Aug) which is what the Hellenic League are planning to do, I believe. Personally I don't think that is ideal and would not be popular.

Whilst writing, just to let you know that no decisions have been made by the League as to placements next season as the process can only start once we know who, if anyone, is being directed to us by the Football Association. I can confirm again though that Mole Valley were cleared for promotion at a recent league meeting. Ground share agreements have to be in place by 31 May (not immediately before the start of the season, as one or two have surmised) and Mole Valley did not achieve that last season as at the time they were still expecting to play at River Lane. However, there is a clause in the rule that allows for the date to be over ridden in an emergency and their case (losing their ground unexpectedly and at the last minute) was deemed to be such an emergency. The promotion is subject to a new and acceptable ground share being with the League for next season by 31 May this year.

As I have said before, Mole Valley are the only club to be able to come up this season as, along with a top three finish, clubs have to attain a Grade G by 31 March (and then a Grade F within 12months). Amongst other things, Grade G requires a Club to have floodlights and a stand by that date. This is laid down by the Football Association.

The only imponderable that I can think of would be if the Premier Division found itself short of 22 clubs, a situation that would then have to be discussed by the Management Committee.

Finally, it is quite easy for me to sit at home and put dates down in a book but it is for the clubs and players to fulfil the matches and I would like to thank all concerned for the way in which this was done, especially in April and May. I've been doing fixtures now since the mid 80's (Surrey Premier League and then CCL) but you're never too old to learn and if anyone has any constructive comments I'm always willing to listen and maybe try to explain why certain things are how they are.

Sorry that a lot of this is probably in the wrong thread.

Confirmed that the League will start on Sat 7 August. It is very early but probably no-one would want to start with an FA Cup match, which they would otherwise, as the Extra-Preliminary Round of the FA Cup is on Sat 14 August. I am aware that not all clubs in Div 1 are able to enter the FA Cup but nevertheless the earlier we start, when everyone is still full of enthusiasm, the fewer early evening midweek matches we have at the end of the season. In the end apart from a few reserve matches, we managed to complete the season on Sat 8 May, despite just about the worst season for postponements that I can remember.

Going back to the start, the only other alternative is to start in midweek (i.e. Tue 10 Aug) which is what the Hellenic League are planning to do, I believe. Personally I don't think that is ideal and would not be popular.

Whilst writing, just to let you know that no decisions have been made by the League as to placements next season as the process can only start once we know who, if anyone, is being directed to us by the Football Association. I can confirm again though that Mole Valley were cleared for promotion at a recent league meeting. Ground share agreements have to be in place by 31 May (not immediately before the start of the season, as one or two have surmised) and Mole Valley did not achieve that last season as at the time they were still expecting to play at River Lane. However, there is a clause in the rule that allows for the date to be over ridden in an emergency and their case (losing their ground unexpectedly and at the last minute) was deemed to be such an emergency. The promotion is subject to a new and acceptable ground share being with the League for next season by 31 May this year.

As I have said before, Mole Valley are the only club to be able to come up this season as, along with a top three finish, clubs have to attain a Grade G by 31 March (and then a Grade F within 12months). Amongst other things, Grade G requires a Club to have floodlights and a stand by that date. This is laid down by the Football Association.

The only imponderable that I can think of would be if the Premier Division found itself short of 22 clubs, a situation that would then have to be discussed by the Management Committee.

Finally, it is quite easy for me to sit at home and put dates down in a book but it is for the clubs and players to fulfil the matches and I would like to thank all concerned for the way in which this was done, especially in April and May. I've been doing fixtures now since the mid 80's (Surrey Premier League and then CCL) but you're never too old to learn and if anyone has any constructive comments I'm always willing to listen and maybe try to explain why certain things are how they are.

Sorry that a lot of this is probably in the wrong thread.

Alan, many thanks for your hard work this season. I know it is tremendously difficult and a job that I would not undertake for any price. Thanks for clearing up the 'Mole valley saga' I knew I was correct on the May 31 deadline having negotiated two g/shares for warlingham, but I didnt know about the 'emergency clause'. but that makes absolute sense and I would like to wish Darren and his team all the very best for next season, Congratulations. Commiserations to Knaphill, but I'm sure they will make amends next season. I'd like to apologise to Worcester Park as well for not completing our fixture against Mole Valley but we were genuinely unable to get a minimum of 7 players together. I hope that Coulsdon can survive and take their place in division one next season and hope to meet with all my fellow posters, many rhanks again to Alan and the committe, get well soon Les, by the way if you still need a footy fix, Coulsdon are hosting the final game of the surrey elite league season today between reigate priory and spellthorne, noon kick off and the cup final will be on in the bar after, ALL welcome