Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bookham Manager

Bookham manager Glyn Mandeville has resigned along with hid assistant & 1st team coach Tony knight to seek new challenges.

On behalf of all at Bookham FC over the period he & Tony have been in charge, I'd like to thank him for there tireless efforts, passion & commitment and for taking Bookham into senior football for the 1st time & the FA Cup & Vase and for allowing me at least one game in the 1st team each year :discobanana:

Good luck mate where ever you end up :bootyshake:

A sad loss for Bookham, Teffs. I had heard rumours.

Glynn is well respected and liked by all the staff at Meadowbank, and he's usually great entertainment in the club bar after a match !!

All the best Glynn in whatever you do next !!

Stepped back from the day to day running at the end of last season, needed a break from it & now my son's football is taking up plenty of my time.

I still watch them, when allowed as I only saw them gain1 win & 1 draw and the rest were losses during the season. :bartshocked: So was not too welcome at times :smilewinkgrin:

Would some of the clubs that groundshare and better off becoming 1 team? With the current cash flow situation many clubs find themselves in,just an idea not a dig before any bites;)

I understand 1 club probably won't start the league next year,how's that for rumour mungoring? We could have sweep stake as to who it will be.

Would some of the clubs that groundshare and better off becoming 1 team? With the current cash flow situation many clubs find themselves in,just an idea not a dig before any bites;)

I understand 1 club probably won't start the league next year,how's that for rumour mungoring? We could have sweep stake as to who it will be.

Some of these clubs are over 100 years old and I don't think the people who have been at those clubs for a long time, notably Teffers doing near enough the full stint at Bookham, would want to lose that history. I'm sure there are many other reasons, rivalry, hatred, pride etc.

Good luck to Manders and Tony in whatever they do in the future, definitely an experience to play under and a great team together.

Spot on Queenie, Bookham would not want to lose there identity and am sure Dorking are the same, If things became really dire then theres always the option of stepping backwards into intermediate football but they are a very long way off of that

The change in manager at Bookham was Gyln & Tony's decision to step down and not from anyone at the club

Edited by Teflon

perhaps rusty should put in for the bookham job and see if any of the old dorking guys would play for them? (or leave!)It would be easier for bookham to merge with brockham badgers.

bookham bodgers?

teflons tadgers?

rustys ragarse rovers?

:bounce: