Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking FC Announce New Management Set Up.

Ist. Team Managerial Appointment.

Dorking FC are pleased to announce their new first team management structure.

Adrian Cox will manage the side, alongside assistant manager Peter Buckland and coach John Badillo. Cox and Buckland both have links to the club as players in the 1980's, while Badillo has a wealth of playing experience starting at Brighton and progressing through as a player and coach at a number of Sussex County sides.

Cox and Badillo managed Ryman league Horsham YMCA's reserve side in the Suburban league last season and will bring an almost entirely Dorking and Mole Valley based squad to Meadowbank next season. This fitted the club's overall strategy of seeking to return to a much more locally based first team, which coupled with the side's Under 18 squad will give the club a real Dorking focus. Peter Buckland brings an indepth knowledge of the local football scene, after a successful playing and managing career, recently being instrumental in the establishment and growth of Sussex Div 3 side Dorking Wanderers.

Dorking are now very likely to stay in the Combined Counties League Premier Division, subject to the league's forthcoming AGM, following various resignations and moves higher up the football pyramid. The new management team are under no illusion as to the tough standard now presented by the CCL Premier Division, which is improving generally year on year, and the immediate aim will be to produce a side able to maintain the club"s place in the Premier Division and build a platform for future campaigns.

Cox will announce the date pre season training is to start, likely to be mid to late June. The new management team will welcome triallists to these sessions. The club will announce pre-season friendlies shortly, a match with Leatherhead for late July already being fixed. The league season proper starts on Saturday 7 August with the Extra Qualifying Rounds of the FA Cup taking place on 14 August. The club will as usual compete in the FA Cup, FA Vase and Surrey county Cup.

Cox will work with Under 18 manager Simon Coffey and his assistant Gordon Walker, Walker having managed the U18s for the last two seasons thus giving continuity to the set up. Well known local coach Nick Torpey will coach the U18s. Coffey's appointment is a long term one as Chicks seek to strengthen at youth level. The side will compete in the Southern Youth Floodlit league and have entered the FA Youth Cup this season. Both Coffey and Walker are heavily involved with Dorking's affiliated youth club Brockham Badgers FC.

Peter Augustine continues his very successful work with the club's football community programme and is very much seen as part of the club's infrastructure going forward.

Just to let you know , I did apply and was told i would see them this week to discuss things and found out this morning through other people i hadnt got it , i feel agrieved i didnt even get the chance to talk ?

Well good news I guess!!? Another club with a structure in place,and New managers same direction as last season.Will they be better? Who knows? They will have a very hard job on their hands or could be easier when you think about it,one point more would be a result of a season.

Rusty,it saddens me to see that a club said you would have an interview,then dont even have the decency to tell you to f/off !!! Thats just not tennis,then again mostly all clubs dont even reply!!!

Anyway good luck to the incoming magicians at DFC and all the other clubs!!!!

Oops!

just checked these gents finished 8th in the SFL south 38 points from the top!!!

I would now be very afraid for the so called boasted whole new team for DFC,not good enough for SFL but good enough for CoCo???

I just hope its not this squad coming in,then again Augustine is on standby...........which is good news!!

Guess thats why they are looking for triallists!!!!!