Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cranfield United ground improvements

66cup - Please don't get me wrong as I'm Cranfield United's biggest fan, they have a wonderful set up at Crawley Road however I can't help feeling Craig Connell wasn't given the tools of the trade to work with at Crawley Road and was often left tearing his hair out.

Also look what Connell achieved with limited resources at Stony Stratford Town was nothing short of miraculous and the proof in the pudding is that the Club have done nothing since he walked out the door at Ostlers Lane.

Yes agree did a great job at stony but we were talking about cranfield. 1 minute their a backwater club the next your their biggest fan and what tools of the trade do you need some commitees are different but you get on with it and concentrate on the results i dont think you really know what went on and why he left but if your their biggest fan look forward to seeing you every other week

Yes agree did a great job at stony but we were talking about cranfield. 1 minute their a backwater club the next your their biggest fan and what tools of the trade do you need some commitees are different but you get on with it and concentrate on the results i dont think you really know what went on and why he left but if your their biggest fan look forward to seeing you every other week

66cup - Look, you sound like a decent bloke and I don't want to fall out, I have good friends at Crawley Road such as Larry Corkrey who is the salt of the earth, he should walk Secretary of the season every year but even he will tell you that Craig Connell was the best thing to happen to Cranfield United for many a long year

66cup - Look, you sound like a decent bloke and I don't want to fall out, I have good friends at Crawley Road such as Larry Corkrey who is the salt of the earth, he should walk Secretary of the season every year but even he will tell you that Craig Connell was the best thing to happen to Cranfield United for many a long year

Rhodes Does Larry know you are good friends with him? is Larry from Cranfield?

Efc - Well no, Larry isn't from Cranfield originally but presumably he moved there and then took the Football Club under his wing, there's little or nothing else for residents to do in Cranfield is there other than to get involved with the Club.

Efc - Well no, Larry isn't from Cranfield originally but presumably he moved there and then took the Football Club under his wing, there's little or nothing else for residents to do in Cranfield is there other than to get involved with the Club.

Presumably he moved there but i thought you are good friends you would know were Larry comes from?coffee%20(2).gif But there are lots of orther things to do Cranfield not just at the club

Perhaps Rhodesly doesn't know that theres a university at Cranfield and a sizeable community with amenities. Mind you, what Rhodesly does know about FA you could write on the borders of a postage stamp.

Perhaps Rhodesly doesn't know that theres a university at Cranfield and a sizeable community with amenities. Mind you, what Rhodesly does know about FA you could write on the borders of a postage stamp.

'loose' think a postage stamp bit to big to write on wot he knows?

efc - the bloke is just a parasite, only interested in what he can get out of football, not what he can put into it.

efc - the bloke is just a parasite, only interested in what he can get out of football, not what he can put into it.

Loosely - I think you've put a lot of smiles on people's faces with that post, you don't know me very well do you. Is that why you despised Tony Armitage so much because he didn't share that view and you even accused him of being 'a spy' and feeding me information, apparently you were totally paranoid.

Rhodes, since the Langford thread has been closed I'll post my answer to you here. You accuse me of calling him childish names but how well do you know him when you don't even know his nickname you Tw&t?

His favourite band is The Stranglers.

Plonker!

Loosely - I think you've put a lot of smiles on people's faces with that post, you don't know me very well do you. Is that why you despised Tony Armitage so much because he didn't share that view and you even accused him of being 'a spy' and feeding me information, apparently you were totally paranoid.

Cliff, they are very strong words & I would suggest you retract them with an apology. To suggest that Loose despises Tony is outrageous, when in all honesty there wasn't even a fallout. Tony left us after a series of rows with some players & has gone onto to pastures new & up the pyramid & deservedly so. He is a good coach. We still keep in contact every now & then & only last week he sent me a message on FB wishing our club luck for the new season. So please don't suggest otherwise.

Which brings me up to my next point, There you are with all your good contacts at Langford & with all your administrative expertise & there's Langford looking for club secretary. I could put 2 + 2 together & come up with 5 like you would, but everyone in the SSML knows that Langford are a good club & you wouldn't be fit enough to lace Frank Woodward's boots ! (apologies for the Rhodes-like cliche)

Sydney - its clear that Rhodes does not know Tony Armitage as well as he likes to make out. If any of his accusations held any truth Tony would have let us know by now. Even if there was some issue Tony is not the sort of bloke to be so unproffesional as to come on Fans Focus and shout the odds whereas obviously Rhodesy is an unprofessional pr1ck. Bethnal Green take note.It will be the same old story there as well eventuallyl. Add Bethnal Green to the long list of clubs that Rhodesy likes to slag off because for some reason they did not appreciate him and wanted rid of the troublemaker he is.

Edited by loose

Cliff, they are very strong words & I would suggest you retract them with an apology. To suggest that Loose despises Tony is outrageous, when in all honesty there wasn't even a fallout. Tony left us after a series of rows with some players & has gone onto to pastures new & up the pyramid & deservedly so. He is a good coach. We still keep in contact every now & then & only last week he sent me a message on FB wishing our club luck for the new season. So please don't suggest otherwise.

Which brings me up to my next point, There you are with all your good contacts at Langford & with all your administrative expertise & there's Langford looking for club secretary. I could put 2 + 2 together & come up with 5 like you would, but everyone in the SSML knows that Langford are a good club & you wouldn't be fit enough to lace Frank Woodward's boots ! (apologies for the Rhodes-like cliche)

'syd lexic' Rhodes can not get a secretary, match secretary, job at any SSML clubs as he is under a banning order from the ssml for life

[quote name='efc' date='20 July 2010 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='' post=

'syd lexic' Rhodes can not get a secretary, match secretary, job at any SSML clubs as he is under a banning order from the ssml for life

well I was well & truly out of the loop with that one. I wonder why he hasn't come on here explaining his side of the story. After all Rhodes & SSML bigwig Pat Burns are supposed to be big buddies or so we have been lead to believe.

Efc - Well that's certainly news to me, is it Minuted anywhere as I would be interested to see it in black and white as it were