Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League History???

Ian_W

I've got me anorak on again.

That history isn't quite right. There was always confusion between the Surrey Senior League and the Surrey County Senior League (which was formally known as the Surrey County Premier League just to make matters even more confusing).

The Surrey Senior League ran from 1922 to 1978. That's what became the Home Counties League that changed its name to the Combined Counties League.

The Surrey County Premier League started in 1982. It was the league under the Combined Counties League. It changed its name to the Surrey County Senior League in 2000 and then became Combined Counties Division One in 2003.

Thanks - I would rather not copy it without permission from the original author.

Whitelaw might be able to sort this out for you Ian, would be worth a PM to him

Please don't forget to add the fact that the leagues loyalty to long serving clubs was embarrassing when they allowed all the Ryman clubs to come across and join.

Would you not agree Whitelaw?

That you do not know SL because the league were forced to take the clubs by the FA. Made it a damn site better league mind you ;)

Thanks - I would rather not copy it without permission from the original author.

Whitelaw might be able to sort this out for you Ian, would be worth a PM to him

Couldn't agree more, Teffs ! Especially as he'll be an even MORE important person next season !

Over to you, Ian.

I think Ian was asking people to write it for him, rather than be pointed into the right direction. I assume that we are asking Sir Whitelaw to write it?

I would, but I don't know the history of the league apart from my Airline Company sponsoring the league from 87 - 92 until I sold the company to British Airways for a quid.

I think Ian was asking people to write it for him, rather than be pointed into the right direction. I assume that we are asking Sir Whitelaw to write it?

I would, but I don't know the history of the league apart from my Airline Company sponsoring the league from 87 - 92 until I sold the company to British Airways for a quid.