Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chertsey Appeal

I have it from good authority - my excellent source Heinz - that the appeal by Chertsey was unsuccessful.

So, unless we get another surprise this evening, it looks increasingly like a 21 team Premier Division this time round.

In fact, just got details of the entries suggested for the League Cup draws to be made at the AGM tonight, and it shows 41 teams.

In fairness, the reasons have been explained by Whitelaw and the committee do seem pretty tied down by the rules, so we will probably have to make do and accept it.

One plus is that quite a few Ryman/Zamaretto sides may want friendlies on August 7th and 14th!

It's getting closer!

I have it from good authority - my excellent source Heinz - that the appeal by Chertsey was unsuccessful.

So, unless we get another surprise this evening, it looks increasingly like a 21 team Premier Division this time round.

In fact, just got details of the entries suggested for the League Cup draws to be made at the AGM tonight, and it shows 41 teams.

In fairness, the reasons have been explained by Whitelaw and the committee do seem pretty tied down by the rules, so we will probably have to make do and accept it.

One plus is that quite a few Ryman/Zamaretto sides may want friendlies on August 7th and 14th!

It's getting closer!

CHERTSEY TOWN IS MANAGER 50 CORRECT ? DID CHERTSEY LOSE THEIR APPEAL AND SO REMAIN IN THE CCL PREMIER NEXT SEASON ?

COME ON SPILL THE BEANS, IT'S A SHAME WE ALL HAD TO HEAR FROM OTHER SOURCES THAN FROM THE CLUB ITSELF - OR IS THIS JUST YET ANOTHER CCL RUMOUR?

There has been no appeal to the FA and the FA refused to hear one. Chertsey took the FA to court and the Judge has ruled that the advice given by the FA in writing was incorrect and therefore Chertsey are out of time to Appeal and therefore the case has ended. Until the Judge gives his details neither Chertsey nor the FA are allowed to discuss the reasons why. We expect that will be next week and when that happens we will disclose what happened which will make very interesting reading. However, rightly or wrongly Chertsey will still be in the CCL next season

Hard luck,to much red tape it sounds like.

Looks like you'll have do it the hard way,not as hard as others who had 21 teams to play;)

once again the ccl and fa balls things up!

Good luck

There has been no appeal to the FA and the FA refused to hear one. Chertsey took the FA to court and the Judge has ruled that the advice given by the FA in writing was incorrect and therefore Chertsey are out of time to Appeal and therefore the case has ended. Until the Judge gives his details neither Chertsey nor the FA are allowed to discuss the reasons why. We expect that will be next week and when that happens we will disclose what happened which will make very interesting reading. However, rightly or wrongly Chertsey will still be in the CCL next season

THANKS CHERTSEY TOWN FOR CONFIRMING THAT MANAGER50'S SOURCE - HEINZ - WAS CORRECT IN HIS ASSUMPTION.

MOREOVER, IT WOULD BE VERY I

WOULD BE NTERESTING TO READ THE JUDGE'S OUTCOME AND THAT ACTUALLY CHERTSEY DIDN'T MAKE AN APPEAL TO THE FA YOU TOOK THEM TO COURT !

ANYWAY, LOOK FORWARD TO VISITING ALWYNS LANE NEXT SEASON TO WATCH A FEW GAMES.

I am glad we have Chertsey remaining in the CCL for another season. If we didn't have them who on earth would we have a go at for spending £5k a week on players ;) :discobanana: