Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup Draw - 2010/2011

Basil-Don - I'll be contacting Justin at Bethnal Green United shortly, I'm a bit disillusioned with the SSML to be honest for the heavy handed way they treated Tokyngton Manor last season. What irritates me about the draws for the early rounds of the FA Cup and Vase is how many Club's from the same League play each other, it's a shame.

Actually & bloody strangely, I find myself agreeing with you there re: the cup draws Bedford FC v Hoddesdon Town & St.Mags have both Welwyn GC & Oxhey Jets are just 3 all SSML ties.

Steve - Yes and Chalfont St Peter v Stotfold, Colney Heath v Broxbourne Borough, Langford v Aylesbury United, Leverstock Green v Harefield United, Haringey Borough v Hillingdon Borough, Hanwell Town v London Colney and Royston Town v Crawley Green, it's ridiculous

As the draw is regionalised in the early rounds this is always going to happen. I guess the ESL, SSML & UCL are in the first pots before Ryman & Southern come into it. I think it is referred to as the luck of the draw.

If you don’t include the potential prize money it must be rare to make any profits in some of the early ties when all the costs & expenses are taken into account. If the draw isn’t split by region early on would a village based Step 6 club in Cornwall enter knowing they could end up travelling to Cumbria followed by the North East 2 weeks later? Not mentioning the prospect of a replay on the following Tuesday!! I know the competition rules permit an element of travelling expenses to be paid out of the gate receipts of the home club but in a case like this the teams would just have to split a big loss.

As clubs go on a cup run, local interest increases getting larger crowd as Bigg Town & Chalfont saw with their FA Vase runs meaning longer distance travelling (possible overnight stays) is more viable. Maintaining a regional split in the early rounds especially the FA Vase keeps interest in the competition for a number of leagues as the season goes on.

• 3 weeks later...

THE FA CARLSBERG VASE

FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING

SATURDAY 4 SEPTEMBER 2010

77 Tokyngton Manor v Haringey Borough

I'm not sure why Robbie posted the FA Vase draw on this thread however I've been led to believe that Haringey Borough have received a 'walkover' into the next round of the FA Vase when they will travel to St Margaretsbury or Oxhey Jets

THE FA CARLSBERG VASE

FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING

I'm not sure why Robbie posted the FA Vase draw on this thread however I've been led to believe that Haringey Borough have received a 'walkover' into the next round of the FA Vase when they will travel to St Margaretsbury or Oxhey Jets

Not everyone is so obsessed with keeping all the threads in nice apple pie order. Don't Tokyngton have any access to the "hidden gem" this season then? Or is the "hidden gem" no longer deemed fit for FA competitions? Or is it the subject of legal proceedings between the London Playing Fields association and the true tenants, Bedfont Green? (which might explain why Tokyngton as squatters were powerless to do anything to the pitch at the end of last season.)

Horace - What on earth are you talking about, what legal proceedings are you referring to between the London Playing Fields Foundation and Bedfont Green as I'm not aware of any. Furthermore, as far as I know, the pitch at the Viking Sports Ground is currently in pristine condition and Haringey Borough would have been in for a treat on 4 September had Tokyngton Manor been allowed to participate in the FA Vase, why wasn't the tie switched to Coles Park if doubt had been put in the FA's mind, by 'an informer', that the pitch might not be ready in time.

the pitch at viking sports pitch PRISTINE hahahahha i suppose the clubhouse is great as well please rhodes dont say things you cant back up (as far as i know) the thing is you dont know the place is a dump when we cranfield went there at the back end of last season the place was the WORST ive ever been and to top it all off someone had dumped a load of soil in the car park covering a volvo lol i suggest they just make the place a tip not far off it now

THE FA CARLSBERG VASE

FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING

Not everyone is so obsessed with keeping all the threads in nice apple pie order. Don't Tokyngton have any access to the "hidden gem" this season then? Or is the "hidden gem" no longer deemed fit for FA competitions? Or is it the subject of legal proceedings between the London Playing Fields association and the true tenants, Bedfont Green? (which might explain why Tokyngton as squatters were powerless to do anything to the pitch at the end of last season.)

Shock horror Rhodes at it again talking out of his backside Tik Tock still in the Vase not in the loop Rhodes

Shock horror Rhodes at it again talking out of his backside Tik Tock still in the Vase not in the loop Rhodes

Efc - Really, well I was reliably informed today that they had been unceremoniously thrown, sorry, chucked out of the Vase

Horace - What on earth are you talking about, what legal proceedings are you referring to between the London Playing Fields Foundation and Bedfont Green as I'm not aware of any. Furthermore, as far as I know, the pitch at the Viking Sports Ground is currently in pristine condition and Haringey Borough would have been in for a treat on 4 September had Tokyngton Manor been allowed to participate in the FA Vase, why wasn't the tie switched to Coles Park if doubt had been put in the FA's mind, by 'an informer', that the pitch might not be ready in time.

I was one of around 200 people who were brought up to speed at this year's AGM regarding the reason for Tokyngton's suspension from the SSML. Any one of them could confirm that what I said is true.

Horace - Well I don't doubt that but why were Tokyngton Manor included in the FA Vase draw then which took place some three weeks after the SSML AGM

I was one of around 200 people who were brought up to speed at this year's AGM regarding the reason for Tokyngton's suspension from the SSML. Any one of them could confirm that what I said is true.

Spot on Horace about wot was said at AGM' But when i spoke to someone from Tick Tok last night they were still playing in the vase and the Youth cup

Edited by efc

Efc - You obviously haven't seen the Haringey Borough Website, please try to keep up:

BOROUGH ARE THROUGH TO THE 2nd QUALIFYING ROUND OF THE FA VASEThe FA have removed Borough's First Qualifying Round opponents (TOKYNGTON MANOR) from the Competition so the scheduled match on 4th September will not take place.

Borough will enter the Competition in the 2nd. Qualifying round away to the winners of the OXHEY JETS v ST. MARGARETSBURY tie.

Efc - You obviously haven't seen the Haringey Borough Website, please try to keep up:

BOROUGH ARE THROUGH TO THE 2nd QUALIFYING ROUND OF THE FA VASEThe FA have removed Borough's First Qualifying Round opponents (TOKYNGTON MANOR) from the Competition so the scheduled match on 4th September will not take place.

Borough will enter the Competition in the 2nd. Qualifying round away to the winners of the OXHEY JETS v ST. MARGARETSBURY tie.

FA CUP Does anybody know why Kingsbury London TIigers playing there home FA Cup match at Averly?