Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PRE SEASON GAMES - FILL IN THE GAPS

The games involving SSML Club's I'm aware of tomorrow (tuesday) evening, anymore for anymore:

Ampthill Town v Aylesbury United

Berkamsted v Aston Clinton

Potton United v Biggleswade United (at Shuttleworth College)

Broxbourne Borough v Wormley Rovers

Chalfont St Peter v Hemel Hempstead Town

Colney Heath v Potters Bar Town

Cranfield United v AFC Kempston Rovers

Harefield United v Northwood

Harpenden Town v Leighton Town

Hertford Town v Wingate & Finchley

Enfield 1893 v Hoddesdon Town

Kings Langley v Kentish Town

Arlesey Town v Langford

Canvey Island v London Colney

Tring Athletic v Chesham United

HTFCew - I don't but it was for The Saint's'benefit as he loves Speedway and follows Kings Lynn Stars.

Incidentally, I gather the draws have been made for the Challenge Trophy and Divisional Cup competitions, how come they are not up on the Mitoo site as yet.

Haverhill Rovers v Royston Town

A report on this one:

Royston Town (0) 3, Haverhill Rovers (0) 0

Pre Season Friendly played at Royston Heath

Admission/programme; none

Decided on another visit to this very pleasant venue at Royston Heath. The game was switched from Haverhill after problems with the Rovers pitch apparently. Not a full strength Royston side but it did give some players of their large squad a full game. An uneventful first with just two efforts on target by either side. The second half was much more entertaining with both sides having a share of goalmouth action. Royston proved to be the more clinical in their finishing and hit the crossbar. Rovers had enough chances to see the game finish level but squandered their opportunities.

It was then down the A10 to Hoddesdon for the Speedway as the Cobras took on Bournemouth. An interesting encounter that the home side lost 42-48 and a referee that proved they are inconsistent in every sport I attendmad.gif

I didn't know you liked speedway.

I think by all the match reports Rhodes must have been to about 5 games in one day and speedway not bad at all

"In the week I saw that despite cutting everything back to the bone Aylesbury United are very much in debt, rumour today was that manager Tony Joyce has not been seen at the clubs pre-season games"

To clarify the rumour....Mr. Joyce was on holiday from Sat to Sat missing 3 games including the Pitstone one. He was at the first Mursley game but missed Bierton, Kidlington and Pitstone. He will be present at Ampthill Tuesday so I am informed.

Edited by john stitch

The games involving SSML Club's I'm aware of tomorrow (tuesday) evening, anymore for anymore:

Berkamsted v Aston Clinton

Potton United v Biggleswade United (at Shuttleworth College)

Broxbourne Borough v Wormley Rovers

Chalfont St Peter v Hemel Hempstead Town

Colney Heath v Potters Bar Town

Cranfield United v AFC Kempston Rovers

Harefield United v Northwood

Harpenden Town v Leighton Town

Hertford Town v Wingate & Finchley

Enfield 1893 v Hoddesdon Town

Kings Langley v Kentish Town

Arlesey Town v Langford

Canvey Island v London Colney

Cogenhoe United v Bedford Town Reserves

Buckingham Athletic v Brackley Sports

Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Chesham United Reserves

Incidentally, I gather the draws have been made for the Challenge Trophy and Divisional Cup competitions, how come they are not up on the Mitoo site as yet.

They are on the League website - can't put them on Mitoo until dates have been assigned to the games.

Hitchin Town V Hendon on Monday night....I know it's not SSML but Hendon's Gary McCann had two Hillingdon Boro player's on trial in Aaron Lansiquot and Aaron Morgan.... Morgan came on as 2nd half sub and stood out for me as a good player going forward. Both had apparently played well against Hendon for Hillingdon last week.. Lee Scott was listed on the team-sheet for Hendon but was not in the official starting line up or subs.

Highlights as always at THE COLD END

They are on the League website - can't put them on Mitoo until dates have been assigned to the games.

HTFCew - I'm not telling you how to do your 'job' but why not just put all the Challenge Trophy First Round ties down for Tuesday 14 September and then you can change the ones taking place on Wednesday 15 September once all the dates are firmed up

Are there any games on Wednesday ?

Backfour1 - Just Buckingham Athletic v Olney Town (7.00) as far as I'm aware and the so called Broxbourne Borough V&E Festival of Football continues at Goffs Lane involving Broxbourne Borough, Cheshunt, Enfield 1893 and Wormley. If however you are really at a loose end and desparate for a game tomorrow evening there is always Southill Alexander v 'the mighty' Rushden & Higham United.

Cogenhoe United v Bedford Town Reserves

Buckingham Athletic v Brackley Sports

Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Chesham United Reserves

... what (if anything) has happened to Sun Postal vs Kingsbury LT then - its 'gone' from the Non-League Matters list too - sure I put it on there?

-- was posted on this very thread a week or so back - was keeping it for a 'standby' if my first choice proved tricky - though to be honest Watford is just as likely to be unattainable with the normal state of the M25 currently? :doh:

PS read on the NLM that tonights planned Enfield 1893 v Hoddy has been cancelled. ?

Presumably the former are involved in the aforementioned Festival @ Brox B?

Edited by royals26

An additional game this evening (tuesday) not mentioned before:

Dunstable Town v St Neots Town

You really are spiteful nasty little pr1ck aren't you ?

You haven't a clue about our opposition so you have to write something sarcastic. Well it will be a good test for us against a team 1 step up from us. Their Chairman is extremely well respected in non-league circles as well !

Well it will be a good test for us against a team 1 step up from us. Their Chairman is extremely well respected in non-league circles as well !

Are you gonna play in this one? Would you care to tell the punters on here how you managed to head wide of an open goal from one yard out on Saturday? :grin:

Hitchin Town V Hendon on Monday night....I know it's not SSML but Hendon's Gary McCann had two Hillingdon Boro player's on trial in Aaron Lansiquot and Aaron Morgan.... Morgan came on as 2nd half sub and stood out for me as a good player going forward. Both had apparently played well against Hendon for Hillingdon last week.. Lee Scott was listed on the team-sheet for Hendon but was not in the official starting line up or subs.

Highlights as always at THE COLD END

Fabion SImms and Mriusz Serwin, both with us last season, also featured for Hendon,

Are you gonna play in this one? Would you care to tell the punters on here how you managed to head wide of an open goal from one yard out on Saturday? :grin:

I certainly hope not, our shirts are too tight for me ! We've got a full squad this evening including 4 new faces with UCL experience. With the header next time I'll keep my eyes open, although you could of mentioned my defence splitting pass for our 2nd goal !

Yesterday..... Sun Postal Sports 1- 2 Kingsbury London Tigers. Pretty easy game for Kingsbury London Tigers who were more fitter and technically better on the ball than there opponents. Kingsbury London Tigers scored on either side of half time and Sun Postal got a late consolation goal. Kingbsury London Tigers really should of got more, who had alot of traillist playing for them.

Yesterday..... Sun Postal Sports 1- 2 Kingsbury London Tigers. Pretty easy game for Kingsbury London Tigers who were more fitter and technically better on the ball than there opponents. Kingsbury London Tigers scored on either side of half time and Sun Postal got a late consolation goal. Kingbsury London Tigers really should of got more, who had alot of traillist playing for them.

Thanks - better late than never I s'pose :cool:

Me 'n The Lad avoided the M25 altogether, left a bit earlier - his little sister wasn't best pleased, it was her Birthday Tea - and got to a very entertaining pre-season tussle twixt Tring Ath and Southern Prem new boys Chesham Utd.

Feisty local affair - good sized crowd too - I stopped counting at about 120+

- tall skillful No 3 from the 'Generals' (playing on the right wing :crazy: ) opened the scoring with a sublime chip - got himself 'subbed by order of the ref' :eek: just before H/T following an horrendous challenge on the edge of his own box.

Tring equalized almost immediately - poor clearance smashed back in via a defender on the line. Both sides had chances to win - Chesham changed a lot of their side around 2nd half.

Nice ground - nice clubhouse and a badge too - bonus!

Journeyed back over the remote Chiltern Highlands :grin: via Wendover, Princes Risb. & Wycombe and gave 'The Lad' a thrill by 'rallying' round the dark lanes nr Lane End, Frieth, Hambleden - luckily nothing coming the other way!

Edited by royals26

Also Ben Cowen was captaining the Sun Postal team. Ben had been with Harefield Utd for the past few years.