Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PRE SEASON GAMES - FILL IN THE GAPS

padbury utd . sat 17th padbury 4 . dunstable town 2 . thursday 22nd padbury 4 . bicsester town 0 . saturday 24th . padbury 8 . afc dunstable res 2 .thursday 29th road v padbury . tuesday 3rd padbury v bedford town .@ buckingham town . saturday 7th padbury v tring athletic . @ buckingham town . wednesday 11th padbury v afc dunstable @ buckingham town .

Hitchin Town V Hendon on Monday night....I know it's not SSML but Hendon's Gary McCann had two Hillingdon Boro player's on trial in Aaron Lansiquot and Aaron Morgan.... Morgan came on as 2nd half sub and stood out for me as a good player going forward. Both had apparently played well against Hendon for Hillingdon last week.. Lee Scott was listed on the team-sheet for Hendon but was not in the official starting line up or subs.

Highlights as always at THE COLD END

The Cold End - Not SSML related as you say however it's strange that there is no mention of Lee Scott in this article from the local press, I thought Lee's arrival at Vale Farm would be headline news:

http://www.edgware-t...tly%20confident

MANAGER Gary McCann is optimistic that his Hendon side will be able to get off to a fast start when the new Ryman Premier Division campaign gets under way next month.

The Greens have been back in training since the start of July, and the long-serving boss has wasted little time in putting together a squad that he hopes will be able to compete at the top end of the table.

Peter Dean, James Bent, Bradley Thomas and Yacine Hamada have left the club, but the rest of last season’s squad are all expected to stay – with key midfielder Jamie Busby, forward Belal Aite-Ouakrim and goalkeeper Berkley Laurencin the latest players to be registered.

McCann has also brought in a number of new faces, with defenders Michael Peacock, Matt O’Brien and David Reading – twin brother of Hendon keeper James Reading – attacking midfielder Mariusz Serwin and 19-year-old Jon-Jo Bates, the son of former Greens favourite Jon-Barrie Bates, all joining the club.

“I’m delighted that the majority of last year’s team are committed and am pleased with the players we’ve brought in,” McCann said. “I’m maybe looking to add one or two more new faces, but with the group we had and the additions we’ve made I’m quietly confident.

“We finished last season very strongly, and hopefully we’ll be able to carry that momentum on and get off to a good start.

“Having a group of players who are very familiar with each other is a big plus. We’ve already got a good camaraderie and a great team spirit. It does take time for a new side to gel together and that’s not something we’re going to have to worry about.”

McCann added: “I think the division will be tighter than ever this season. There will probably be two or three front runners and a chasing pack of eight or ten teams who will be fighting for the play-offs.

“The league is getting stronger as time goes on and it’s a very open field, but if we get off to a good start then who knows what might happen.”

The Ryman Premier Division fixtures were revealed on Friday and leave Hendon facing a trip to Tooting and Mitcham United when the campaign starts on August 21, but they face a hectic pre-season schedule before then.

McCann’s men, who have already played one pre-season game against Maidenhead United, begin a run of seven matches in 15 days by visiting Hillingdon Borough with the highlights of their programme being home clashes against a Brentford XI on Wednesday (7.45pm) and a Queens Park Rangers XI on August 3 (7.45pm).

“The boys have worked really hard in pre-season to get their fitness levels up to what is needed,” the manager said. “I see the first few games as a way to make sure all the squad get as many minutes under their belt as possibly.

“The last few games we’ll concentrate on getting the right side, system and shape in place.

“We’ve got some nice attractive games in there for the supporters. I think it’s a good programme with a lot of balance in it with the matches we’ve got.”

Hertford Town v Wingate & Finchley

Unsurprisingly Hertford Town 0 Wingate & Finchley 1

http://www.wingatefinchley.com/hertforda.html

Hitchin Town V Hendon on Monday night....I know it's not SSML but Hendon's Gary McCann had two Hillingdon Boro player's on trial in Aaron Lansiquot and Aaron Morgan.... Morgan came on as 2nd half sub and stood out for me as a good player going forward. Both had apparently played well against Hendon for Hillingdon last week.. Lee Scott was listed on the team-sheet for Hendon but was not in the official starting line up or subs.

Highlights as always at THE COLD END

The Cold End - Not SSML related as you say however it's strange that there is no mention of Lee Scott in this article from the local press, I thought Lee's arrival at Vale Farm would be headline news:

Rhodes give it a rest with lee scott already, there are surely other words in your vocabulary, and maybe he wasnt mentioned because he is just not that big a name, now please rhodes

get that into your brainwashed heeeeeead!!!!

http://www.edgware-t...tly%20confident

MANAGER Gary McCann is optimistic that his Hendon side will be able to get off to a fast start when the new Ryman Premier Division campaign gets under way next month.

The Greens have been back in training since the start of July, and the long-serving boss has wasted little time in putting together a squad that he hopes will be able to compete at the top end of the table.

Peter Dean, James Bent, Bradley Thomas and Yacine Hamada have left the club, but the rest of last season’s squad are all expected to stay – with key midfielder Jamie Busby, forward Belal Aite-Ouakrim and goalkeeper Berkley Laurencin the latest players to be registered.

McCann has also brought in a number of new faces, with defenders Michael Peacock, Matt O’Brien and David Reading – twin brother of Hendon keeper James Reading – attacking midfielder Mariusz Serwin and 19-year-old Jon-Jo Bates, the son of former Greens favourite Jon-Barrie Bates, all joining the club.

“I’m delighted that the majority of last year’s team are committed and am pleased with the players we’ve brought in,” McCann said. “I’m maybe looking to add one or two more new faces, but with the group we had and the additions we’ve made I’m quietly confident.

“We finished last season very strongly, and hopefully we’ll be able to carry that momentum on and get off to a good start.

“Having a group of players who are very familiar with each other is a big plus. We’ve already got a good camaraderie and a great team spirit. It does take time for a new side to gel together and that’s not something we’re going to have to worry about.”

McCann added: “I think the division will be tighter than ever this season. There will probably be two or three front runners and a chasing pack of eight or ten teams who will be fighting for the play-offs.

“The league is getting stronger as time goes on and it’s a very open field, but if we get off to a good start then who knows what might happen.”

The Ryman Premier Division fixtures were revealed on Friday and leave Hendon facing a trip to Tooting and Mitcham United when the campaign starts on August 21, but they face a hectic pre-season schedule before then.

McCann’s men, who have already played one pre-season game against Maidenhead United, begin a run of seven matches in 15 days by visiting Hillingdon Borough with the highlights of their programme being home clashes against a Brentford XI on Wednesday (7.45pm) and a Queens Park Rangers XI on August 3 (7.45pm).

“The boys have worked really hard in pre-season to get their fitness levels up to what is needed,” the manager said. “I see the first few games as a way to make sure all the squad get as many minutes under their belt as possibly.

“The last few games we’ll concentrate on getting the right side, system and shape in place.

“We’ve got some nice attractive games in there for the supporters. I think it’s a good programme with a lot of balance in it with the matches we’ve got.”

Codicote 1-4 St Margaretsbury..........very good game....fair play to Codicote they didnt give up and will do well in their division this season.

There's a report on the Club's impressive Website:

http://www.codicotefc.com/

We didn't seem to pick up on this thriller from Tuesday evening, Horace must have known about it:

27/07/2010

Hertford Heath (1) 4, Wodson Park (3) 5

Pre Season Friendly played at Hertford Heath

Admission /prog ; none

Attendance 23

A PSF goal feast for me. Wodson scored in the first minute and another on ten. A third goal came soon after. Half time and the home had reduced the the deficit to 1-3. In the second half Wodson scored a fourth and then made a considerable number of changes. Heath saw there chance and whittled away the Wodson lead forcing it back to 4-4. Wodson's Sam Leader then scored the final goal of the night for the victory.

Wodson Park scorers; Anstead (2) , Waldron (2) Leader.

I'm now getting ready for the string of 0-0's that usually follow me after a game of this nature!

Backfour1 - Just Buckingham Athletic v Olney Town (7.00) as far as I'm aware and the so called Broxbourne Borough V&E Festival of Football continues at Goffs Lane involving Broxbourne Borough, Cheshunt, Enfield 1893 and Wormley.

An update on the so called Broxbourne Borough V&E Festival of Football, taking place 'as we speak', from Broxbourne Borough's 'soapboax', namely the Non League Today Website:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=68613

Thursday night....

Colney Heath 0 Enfield Town 2

Good game for a PSF... Comfortable for ETFC with two second half goals including an early contender for goal of the season by Town's Daniel Jones.. Colney only had one chance of note throughout the game

Report, photos and highlights at THE COLD END

Edited by thecoldend

road town fc . 1 padbury utd . 5

Roade as it 'appens.

Tuesday 3rd August

Padbury United v Bedford Town.

Ford Meadow, Buckingham (Buckingham Townn FC)

Kick Off 7.30pm

road town fc . 1 padbury utd . 5

Roade as it 'appens.

Tuesday 3rd August

Padbury United v Bedford Town.

Ford Meadow, Buckingham (Buckingham Townn FC)

Kick Off 7.30pm

Anybody going to the double header at Aston Clinton today ASTON CLINTON V NORTH GREENFORD UTD ko 2:00

Aston Clinton res v North Greenford utd res ko 4:00

I'll get this in before Rhodesey comes on to twist the knife.

Harpenden Town 9-2 Southill Alexander FC

they were very good & we were poor. we also had 8 players missing &Most of the ones stepping in just weren't upto scratch on the day.

1-1 at h-t & losing 2 important players to illness & injury then didn't help.

Good Luck to Harpenden for this season. They played it about quickly & could push for promotion this year.

Syd,

Are Southill still playing Waltham Forest on Wednesday night?? If the answers Yes I may pop up if i get off from work on time and trains aren't too bad getting home

THE COLD END

Syd,

Are Southill still playing Waltham Forest on Wednesday night?? If the answers Yes I may pop up if i get off from work on time and trains aren't too bad getting home

THE COLD END

Leverstock Green 1 ST Margaretsbury 1 Leverstock won 10 -9 on pens

Aston Clinton 2 North Greenford Utd 1

Are there any other scores on the doors as yet from this afternoon's games:

Aston Clinton 2 North Greenford United 1

Cranfield United v Aylesbury United

Biggleswade United v Deeping Rangers

Colney Heath v Ware

New Milton Town v Hadley

Haringey Borough v Ilford

Harpenden Town 9 Southill Alexander 2

Stony Stratford Town v Kentish Town

Langford v New Bradwell St Peter

Redbridge v Stotfold

Leighton Town v Tring Athletic

Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Aston Park

Berkhamsted v Baldock Town

Harefield United v Sun Postal Sports

Leverstock Green v St Margaretsbury (Herts Charity Shield)

London Colney v Willenhall Town

Sawbridgeworth Town v Welwyn Garden City (Herts Charity Shield)

Amersham Town v Slough Town

Buckingham Athletic v Hook Norton (1st and Reserves double header)

Sport London e Benfica 1 Kingsbury London Tigers 3

Oxhey Jets 2 St Albans City 1 (Herts Charity Cup)

Broxbourne Borough v Wingate & Finchley

Chalfont St Peter v Ascot Utd

Dunstable Town v Crawley Green

Hanwell Town v Northwood

Hertford Town v Hoddesdon Town

MK Wanderers v Buckingham Town

AFC Kempston Rovers v Bedford Town Reserves

Holmer Green v AFC Dunstable