Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Current squad!

The Hovis Kid

So at present our current squad looks like this;

GK - Rob Bullivant

GK - Tom McNeil

DEF - David Woozly

DEF - Will Dunlop

DEF - Liam Parrington

MF - Martin Williams

MF - Jake Parsons

MF - Dave Pearce

MF - Jeff Brown

MF - Ryan Scott

MF - Davis Haule

FW - Michael Chennels

FW - Nathan Jack

FW - Jemel Johnson

Considering the players we saw leave over the summer that isn't a bad start. I am sure Mudge has a few players he is looking to bring in so not the all doom and gloom. Think you missed off Joe and Seedel as well, so midfield you would have to say is covered for starters.

Another striker and we have a starting forward line squad(Seeds and Willo can play up front if required) so really just another couple of defenders required.

We won't know how good the new players are or how they will play as a team but a promising base in my opinion.

Can't wait for the new season and see how we get on

UTR

Considering the players we saw leave over the summer that isn't a bad start. I am sure Mudge has a few players he is looking to bring in so not the all doom and gloom. Think you missed off Joe and Seedel as well, so midfield you would have to say is covered for starters.

Another striker and we have a starting forward line squad(Seeds and Willo can play up front if required) so really just another couple of defenders required.

We won't know how good the new players are or how they will play as a team but a promising base in my opinion.

Can't wait for the new season and see how we get on

UTR

Has Seedel signed yet? Can't find any details about him signing.

Following his broken leg I don't think

he'll be back until sept october time. But yes I think he is staying. The big positive for me is chens. We will have the best centre forward in the division, in my opinion, and if you have a proven and hungry goalscorer you have half a chance.

Following his broken leg I don't think

he'll be back until sept october time. But yes I think he is staying. The big positive for me is chens. We will have the best centre forward in the division, in my opinion, and if you have a proven and hungry goalscorer you have half a chance.

Trouble is Geggy, you haven't seen any of the forwards in your new division to compare so perhaps blind optimism on your part?

Although Chennels is a proven goalscorer he will be playing against better defenders and with your newly constructed team might just find scoring that much tougher.

Quite possibly, but as stated "in my opinion". And I base that opinion on having watched non league football over 20 years and that I believe Chennells is good enough to play professionally. I've seen many strikers at all levels of non-league club, and for many you can see that even if they bag 30 goals a season why they don't get picked up because you can tell their all round game is not good enough as you move up the leagues, Lawrence Yaku was always one example. With Chennells I firmly believe he has the all round package. So yes, you're correct in that I haven't seen all of the forwards in our new division, however from what I know of Chenns I certainly believe he has the all round game to be one of the best strikers in our division next season.

Have to agree with Geggy, Chennells is a class player. Over the past few seasons whenever we have played against higher league opposition he still looked quality when quite a few of the others were noticeably less effective.

It’s a shame we've lost so many good players but we must look forward now.

As the Likes of England, Argentina, France et al showed at the world cup, having the best players doesn’t necessarily mean you are going to be successful. Sometimes a hard working team with a good team ethic can out-perform its loftier opponents.

As long as we have a team that works hard and puts in maximum effort week in week out, then you won't find me complaining whatever the result is.

Quite possibly, but as stated "in my opinion". And I base that opinion on having watched non league football over 20 years and that I believe Chennells is good enough to play professionally. I've seen many strikers at all levels of non-league club, and for many you can see that even if they bag 30 goals a season why they don't get picked up because you can tell their all round game is not good enough as you move up the leagues, Lawrence Yaku was always one example. With Chennells I firmly believe he has the all round package. So yes, you're correct in that I haven't seen all of the forwards in our new division, however from what I know of Chenns I certainly believe he has the all round game to be one of the best strikers in our division next season.

Glad to see you've given it some thought and changed your opinion from 'We will have the best centre forward in the division' to 'One of the best strikers in our division' ;)

BTW Chennels has always scored goals at our level of football, why has he never made it to a higher level? If he's that good Conference or league clubs should be falling over themselves to sign him.

Having watched Windsor for 30+years I would agree with Geggy that he is more than good enough to play and be dangerous at the next level. Good players don't always move up thorugh the division for various reasons (job/family/happy where they are) this is not always a lack of ambition but a lifestyle choice.

Yaku I believe had a very good job and it wasn't worth his while financially leaving Northwood (pretty sure there were professional offer for him, 300odd goals in 200 and something games i think, so not a mug at a decent level of football), these guys have a very finite lifespan in football and if you have a decent career you would probably have to play Championship football regularly to make it worthwhile.

Why hasn't Chenns gone yet, well he was on contract so someone would have had to buy him, as you say only proven at our level no higher, possibly a risk. Maybe it just fitted in with him at the moment and the right offer didn't come in that suited him.

No one really knows other than him and the management i guess, but very glad that he did stay and with adequate service he will score plenty of goals next season and be up there as leading goalscorer if he remains fit.

if the squad is honest and genuine and plays their best i agree with Mrs Cat, that is all we can ask of them, but that squad will, in my opinion, survive comfortably in the Premier, and cause a few upsets as well.

Having watched Windsor for 30+years I would agree with Geggy that he is more than good enough to play and be dangerous at the next level. Good players don't always move up thorugh the division for various reasons (job/family/happy where they are) this is not always a lack of ambition but a lifestyle choice.

Yaku I believe had a very good job and it wasn't worth his while financially leaving Northwood (pretty sure there were professional offer for him, 300odd goals in 200 and something games i think, so not a mug at a decent level of football), these guys have a very finite lifespan in football and if you have a decent career you would probably have to play Championship football regularly to make it worthwhile.

Why hasn't Chenns gone yet, well he was on contract so someone would have had to buy him, as you say only proven at our level no higher, possibly a risk. Maybe it just fitted in with him at the moment and the right offer didn't come in that suited him.

No one really knows other than him and the management i guess, but very glad that he did stay and with adequate service he will score plenty of goals next season and be up there as leading goalscorer if he remains fit.

if the squad is honest and genuine and plays their best i agree with Mrs Cat, that is all we can ask of them, but that squad will, in my opinion, survive comfortably in the Premier, and cause a few upsets as well.

Don't think Will Dunlop has returned after all ?

Stop it Steve!

Glad to see you've given it some thought and changed your opinion from 'We will have the best centre forward in the division' to 'One of the best strikers in our division' ;)

BTW Chennels has always scored goals at our level of football, why has he never made it to a higher level? If he's that good Conference or league clubs should be falling over themselves to sign him.

What a ridiculous statement, how can you possibly know his personal circumstances and/or even if he wants to play any higher up the pyramid.

Stick to what you know and go and plan for your extra extra prel round or wherever it is you start in the trophy.

What a ridiculous statement, how can you possibly know his personal circumstances and/or even if he wants to play any higher up the pyramid.

Stick to what you know and go and plan for your extra extra prel round or wherever it is you start in the trophy.

I should keep the arsey replies to yourself Dorian.

That's why I asked the question because I don't know his circumstances you fool.

Perfectly reasonable to think that as long term supporters some of you might have known why he's never made the step up.

Thank you Steve Bateman for posting on our forum and thank you for not being annonymous. However, I would have expected a little more professionalism from a semi-professional football manager. If you have indeed came in and signed Will from under our noses, congratulations, you have a very good defender with bags of potential. Coming onto a rival club's forum leaving a message such as you have which pretty much implies that is actually the case is pretty low, in my opinion, because you are obviously trying to gloat. If a manager came on to your club's forum leaving a message such as that, I suspect you would be pretty cheesed off and I'm sure you and your supporters would question their integrity. As i say thank you for not being annonymous and putting your name to the post, but was the post really called off? I'll leave that to you and your supporters to decide. Good luck for next season in division one.

Stop it Steve!

Very strange post, and agree with geggy, not very professional at all even at your level and surely unheard of, can you imagine the wrath of the slough supporters if Dave Mudge posted such on their forum. Perhaps Mr Baitman can add something else to his one liner. RR's 'stop it Steve' did meake me smile though.

Strange one this. the anonymous posts, letters etc over recent weeks has made us all paranoid. if it is the STFC manager posting then it is very weird.

WEFC have announced signings on here (via Webmaster) and via the website - which appears to have riled some and perhaps sparked events which have caused reversing of some verbal and or other agreements.

That's life I guess, you live and learn.

I suspect our club will keep it's signings to itself for the time being so we'll (Supporters) have to show some patience.

As for our squad, it'll be plenty big enough and i'm comfortable in predicting it will be plenty competitive enough.

As for Michael Chennells. We are not a one man team and every striker needs service to score goals - but he is a goal scorer and will prove that he is deserving of a chance at a higher level (higher than he'll be scoring goals at this season).

Finally, lets keep moving the club forward, there's plenty going on off the field, we just need to trust those in charge (as we have done for 15 years).

U T R

PS. best wishes to STFC in Div One next season.

What exactly has Steve done wrong? Just posing the question has Will Dunlop has actually signed for you. He may or may have not signed with us, may have signed for someone totally different, he may be staying with Burnham. He's just questioning it.

Edited by Chris

Chris, please, read between the lines....

As i say, unprofessional. I'm sure if Jamie Jarvis would have posted that exact line on the Slough forum, in exactly the same context, you would not have said "he's just posing a question and questioning it"!