Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Current squad!

The Hovis Kid

I would say if we can get the defence sorted then we wil be okay in he Premier, we have the midfield and forwards who can comfortably keep us mid table. Dunlop would have filled a huge gap at the back but hey ho, you accept it and move on and get someone else. This left back looks promising, so moving in the right direction.

So feeling positive about the start of the season, but a totally different attitude to the start of the season as to the start of the last few seasons, all about survival and consolidating rather than winning the league.

I am glad that, according to the reports, there is plenty to be positive about. Progress at a club is about more than just the players.

However, contrary to other people's opinions, I believe we are miles away from having a realistic chance of staying up this year with the current squad. Plenty of time for that all to change before the start of the season but if we go into the season, and continue, with what we've got at the moment, I fear we might just "do a Bracknell".

Doom and gloom? Not really. Just a note of realism.And after all, it's just a game.

Yes our defence was a fundamental part of our success last season, but we have pretty much our first choice forward line from last season (Chennells and Jack, granted Chennells didn't really have a regular partner it switched a lot from Jack, to Smith to Rico), but Jemel Johnson, albeit didn't score too many last year, but for the seasons prior to that was prolific. We still have three of our first choice four midfielders (plus our squad midfielders Dickens and Pearce), and we have our first choice keeper. Defence is the issue we have lost all four, but there seems to be some encouraging signings there. So I'm pretty optimistic to be honest, just a pity a number are missing tomorrow, but a great opportunity to give the traillists a go.

"Dunlop would have filled a huge gap at the back but hey ho, you accept it and move on and get someone else"

So has Will Dunlop signed or not?

If he hasn't then it looks like we will have to stick Scotty the Stag at centre back and use his height!!

Malc 1- You know the resposne has been poor. 9 or more LEFT Did they all just change their mind? 2- Time will tell 3- True or False- regardless of ACL smokescreen He signed for Thatcham and hasnt been near Stag Meadow? Our website said signed, done and dusted 4- Sorry my fault- Scott Thomas 5- Really so confirmation that Joe has been fully paid whilst other players havent? Interesting My facts are correct and you know it Malc 6- Now now Malc- Regular 14 at first team training inc Sat when there was only 14 Only 3 on holiday Sec 7- Many Reasons? Groundsman not paid, work due to start in May- didnt! Result lost revenue to the club- BRILLIANT! 8- As per 2 but Numerous!! Wont that upset the finances?? Malc-- Footnote- Board should have been B-O-R-E-D and now I am

Malc 1- You know the resposne has been poor. 9 or more LEFT Did they all just change their mind? 2- Time will tell 3- True or False- regardless of ACL smokescreen He signed for Thatcham and hasnt been near Stag Meadow? Our website said signed, done and dusted 4- Sorry my fault- Scott Thomas 5- Really so confirmation that Joe has been fully paid whilst other players havent? Interesting My facts are correct and you know it Malc 6- Now now Malc- Regular 14 at first team training inc Sat when there was only 14 Only 3 on holiday Sec 7- Many Reasons? Groundsman not paid, work due to start in May- didnt! Result lost revenue to the club- BRILLIANT! 8- As per 2 but Numerous!! Wont that upset the finances?? Malc-- Footnote- Board should have been B-O-R-E-D and now I am

Samaritan,

1) The initial response was not poor. This happen to change payers minds and especially when there is a change of manager there will be change in players.

2) Of course time will tell. At the moment we have decided not to release details of signings until they are confirmed. Just read the papers this week and you will see.

3) Correct, he hasn't been anywhere near Stag Meadow, but then neither have any other players in pre-season. Buck was signed but decided he couldn't commit to Premier Division football and signed for Thatcham. I have heard the ACL injury from a few sources and most not connected with WEFC.

4) Noted.

5) I never said that Joe was fully paid. I said he was given the expected payment as agreed. Yes, players are still be sorted as per the agreement.

6) Whoever is telling you that there were 14 really needs to learn how to count. I can guarantee that there have been at least 20 at every 1st team training session

7) Why do the reasons matter? Yes work was due to start in May and no it didn't due to sorting out the financial mess but it has now been sorted and the work is coming on nicely, thanks for asking.

8) No, it won't upset the finances. At the moment it is prudent to get players signed and out the way and then try them in pre-season games. The squad is not finalised and there will be a few comings and goings over the next couple of weeks.

Appreciate the spelling lesson, but that's just how bored I had got.

who's coming on next posing as a concerned supporter? I look forward (no I dont actually) to the next made up name single posting from the same IP address, making negative comments about things that havent necessarily been put out there in the public domain yet, and perhaps would only been known to someone with a keen interest in making life awkward for the club.

roll on 14th august, we'll be alright.

Does anyone actually care about Saturday?

Yes.

I want to whoop your ass. :spank2:

Enjoy the game then?

Thouroughly enjoyed it. An excellent workout for both teams.

A draw would have been a fair result but hey friendlies don't matter do they?

I would be surprised if you were there as you seem to not care about pre-season games.

Indeed, I wasn't there, and friendlies don't matter much more than a jot, but I still take a certain pleasure in the result as you can imagine, even though it was against a team from a lower league.

So your 'certain pleasure in the result' must be tempered by the fact that your lot scraped in against a team from 'a lower league'.

BTW I'll never understand your logic of 'friendlies don't matter'. It is most certainly a very narrow pointy of view.

Ask any manager/player and they will say a good pre-season is vital to a good season.

Friendlies matter in the sense of preparing for the season, the results dont matter at all. Ive known teams who have lost practically all their pre season games and gone on to win leagues and vice versa. Im surprised that the game meant so much to you, i suppose its because you were playing a higher league team.

Friendlies matter in the sense of preparing for the season, the results dont matter at all. Ive known teams who have lost practically all their pre season games and gone on to win leagues and vice versa. Im surprised that the game meant so much to you, i suppose its because you were playing a higher league team.

Not really, the game against Penn and Tylers mattered to me because I know how important it is to have good pre-season.

Teams that have a poor pre-season and then go on to win leagues etc are very few and far between.

But I know what you mean about results don't matter. It's the performance that matters, just look at today's game. ;)

An encouraging start, albeit playing well within ourselves, and against lower league opposition.

I always think it's a good idea to start with an easy game, build up some match fitness, and then move on to tougher games.

Certainly there will be some sterner pre season tests ahead, against the likes of Ascot, Holyport, and Binfield.

I don't like to read too much into pre season, but after yesterday i am convinced we will p1ss thiis league..............

Strangly its often better to lose pre season friendlies. It helps pinpoint weakness around your team before the season starts. If you go and hammer teams, spending most of the game camped in their half, it doesnt tell you that your right/left back struggles with pacy wingers or the center backs are getting to close/far apart etc. However, as the season nears its better to get a couple of wins under the belt to help with the mental side of things.

An encouraging start, albeit playing well within ourselves, and against lower league opposition.

I always think it's a good idea to start with an easy game, build up some match fitness, and then move on to tougher games.

Certainly there will be some sterner pre season tests ahead, against the likes of Ascot, Holyport, and Binfield.

I don't like to read too much into pre season, but after yesterday i am convinced we will p1ss thiis league..............

I

Edited by Windsor Rebel