Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Current squad!

The Hovis Kid

An encouraging start, albeit playing well within ourselves, and against lower league opposition.

I always think it's a good idea to start with an easy game, build up some match fitness, and then move on to tougher games.

Certainly there will be some sterner pre season tests ahead, against the likes of Ascot, Holyport, and Binfield.

I don't like to read too much into pre season, but after yesterday i am convinced we will p1ss thiis league..............

I

I think you are using the wrong nickname, it should be Dick Head

Well.......I'll go to the foot of our stairs !!

I am, quite frankly, aghast. You are obviously not of fine breeding, as you think it is proper to speak to an elderly lady in such scurrilous terms !

I really don't know what i've said that could possibly justify such an outpouring of pure unadulterated bile.

Having been an avid follower of Windsor (home games only, i'm largely incontinent these days, so i don't travel well) for almost a seaon and a half, and having experienced the orgasmic highs and bowel emptying lows of that period, i feel well qualified to offer an informed opinion of last saturday's proceedings.

And anyway.........

We've got a castle

We've got a castle

You ain't

You ain't

• 2 weeks later...

Buck, Haule, Dunlop & now Scott- all signed and would have been really good signings for the club. In the main experienced, strong, physical etc. I was looking forward to seeing them given the unfortunate losses of the really big players( exc Jake and Michael of course) from last years championship winning squad.Only one problem. They have all gone despite us being told clearly in the press and the website that they have definately signed! To Totton, Thatcham, Ashford and Burnham- all of whom are in lesser leagues! WHY? I then see a TRIALIST team lost at Holyport. I completely understand that a trialist team is exactly that and it can produce good and bad- however surely we are looking for and giving opportunities to better than a 3-1 defeat to Holyport? I admit that I wasnt at the game and so probably will have to accept criticism for that, but am I that far off the mark. I watched the Maidenhead game and agree that they( M/H) looked good. However I saw all the comments about our defence and how the players looked good. Sorry- but the difference was staggering. The last two seasons Fagan played for us and that was a good defence. He made the new boys look like kids to be honest and I thought that we were fortunate to get away with 4-1. Maidenhead should beat us given respective positions but I also recall that we have played them 3 times in the last 2 years. We lost 1-0 to a very dubious offside goal in the 90th minute, beat them at York Rd 1-0 in the semi and trouced them last year 3-1- so maybe we could and should expect more? The team is getting together, I can accept that but so was the one that lost to a very late goal two years ago, and frankly that team and last years team looked a great deal fitter. I am very concerned that we are losing experienced players despite being told the opposite and I think Dave should come out and say why this is the case- not Malc. I really hope that I am wrong, but I am concerned. If I am wrong- I will apologise to all and take the flak, but I would also urge honesty as opposed to personal indignation that someone should show concern

chill out Samaritan. you worry too much. season starts on 14th August. We had a great season last term, got promoted, things changed, got a new bunch of players in, dave mudge is working hard.....there will be 11 players on the pitch at Tiverton trying their hardest to win the game. you'll watch the team work hard every home game, compete for everything.

dave mudge doesnt need to come out and say anything.

here's to an interesting season. whoever wears the shirt will get maximum support.

just relax and enjoy.

Samaritan, two seasons ago under our previous management team and with our old squad we lost 2-1 to Bedfont Green in our last pre-season friendly before the season started, they were a league below us then. Last season, again under our previous management team and former group of players we lost to Badshot Lea (don't even know what league they are in!) we also drew 2-2 and in our last pre-friendly drew 2-2 with New Bradwell St Peter (haven't a clue what league they are in either!!). In fact have a look at the website, 1st team tab, then fixtures, you can go back through the years, we've lost to some interesting teams in pre-season! Doris is right, chill out!

Everyone's knows we've had a difficult pre-season so if you're expecting miracles they aint going to happen. Everyone I've spoken to is fully behind Dave and Byron, so stop worrying, last season we had an excellent side, but like we have done before and will no doubt have to in the future we need to rebuild. Dave and Byron have made an excellent start in doing that. They have got some very good players in. I for one am looking forward to the new season, win or lose, I'll be there on the terraces supporting the side.

Buck, Haule, Dunlop & now Scott- all signed and would have been really good signings for the club. In the main experienced, strong, physical etc. I was looking forward to seeing them given the unfortunate losses of the really big players( exc Jake and Michael of course) from last years championship winning squad.Only one problem. They have all gone despite us being told clearly in the press and the website that they have definately signed! To Totton, Thatcham, Ashford and Burnham- all of whom are in lesser leagues! WHY? I then see a TRIALIST team lost at Holyport. I completely understand that a trialist team is exactly that and it can produce good and bad- however surely we are looking for and giving opportunities to better than a 3-1 defeat to Holyport? I admit that I wasnt at the game and so probably will have to accept criticism for that, but am I that far off the mark. I watched the Maidenhead game and agree that they( M/H) looked good. However I saw all the comments about our defence and how the players looked good. Sorry- but the difference was staggering. The last two seasons Fagan played for us and that was a good defence. He made the new boys look like kids to be honest and I thought that we were fortunate to get away with 4-1. Maidenhead should beat us given respective positions but I also recall that we have played them 3 times in the last 2 years. We lost 1-0 to a very dubious offside goal in the 90th minute, beat them at York Rd 1-0 in the semi and trouced them last year 3-1- so maybe we could and should expect more? The team is getting together, I can accept that but so was the one that lost to a very late goal two years ago, and frankly that team and last years team looked a great deal fitter. I am very concerned that we are losing experienced players despite being told the opposite and I think Dave should come out and say why this is the case- not Malc. I really hope that I am wrong, but I am concerned. If I am wrong- I will apologise to all and take the flak, but I would also urge honesty as opposed to personal indignation that someone should show concern

Felt the need to reply this one as have viewed this thred from afar but felt compelled to comment. My first season as a season ticket holder last year and fully enjoyed what was in the end a succesful season. Yes players come and go and it is dissapointing many of last seasons squad have for whatever reason decided to depart and also that some have joined and ultimately decided that they were better off playing elsewhere so let them go if they did not want to play for us then so be it. Personally I believe that Mudge and Walton have a tough if not in someways an impossible task rebuilding a squad from scratch on if you believe what is written in the press a vastly reduced budget!!!!! I have seen all pre season games apart from the Binfield game and to be fair have been impressed by some of the signings so far but pre season really does not mean a thing and only when the season starts will we have a true reflection on how good or bad we will be. I did go to the holyport game and there keeper pulled off around 5 to six top quality saves that on another day would have gone in the net. Yes it may seem we should be beating a team like holyport whatever side we put out but scorlines sometimes are never a reflection on the outcome of the game. I for one look forward to the new season whatever the outcome at the end of it keep the faith it may not be as bad as it may seem to appear now. Edited by windsor_ram

Buck, Haule, Dunlop & now Scott- all signed and would have been really good signings for the club. In the main experienced, strong, physical etc. I was looking forward to seeing them given the unfortunate losses of the really big players( exc Jake and Michael of course) from last years championship winning squad.Only one problem. They have all gone despite us being told clearly in the press and the website that they have definately signed!

Just looking at the current squad there are still 11 players from least seasons squad with enough experience from winning the league and the county cup to take us forward with the new players tat the management team has seen fit to join us. The players from last season are;

Rob BULLIVANT

Tom McNEIL

David WOOZLEY

Matt MOONY

Adam DICKENS

Jake PARSONS

David PEARCE

Matt SEEDEL

Martin WILLIAMS

Michael CHENNELS (All beit he is on trial at Brentford - "GOOD LUCK TO HIM")

Nathan JACK

So there are 11 players from last seasons Championship winning side. Then there are the new faces the management team have brought in;

Narada BERNARD - League and international experience (Arsenal, Tottenham, Bournmouth & Jamaica)

Ryan BERNARD - Looks great so far this pre season. got on the score sheet as well

Jeff BROWN

Justin CLAYTON - League experience (Southend)

Liam PARRINGTON - League, England Youth and American College experience (West Ham & England)

Sam Wedieh - League experience (Grimsby Town)

Jemel JOHNSON

Consider that when players lost are;

Andy FAGAN - Gone up a league, it was always going to happen

Ryan WHARTON - Gone To Hemel

Steve BUTLER - Gone to Hemel

Ryan PARSONS - Gone to Hemel

Scott THOMAS - Gone to Hemel

Bruce WILSON - Gone to Hemel

Joe CHANDIRHAM - Gone to Burnham

Marcus RICHARDSON - Now assistant manager at Reading Town

Gavin SMITH - Left, not sure where

So 9 of the old squad have gone, some players who agreed to join changed their minds and what, I'm sure you'll be at Stag Meadow still watching some other semi-pro in red and green come the new season. If contracts in the Premiership, La Liga and Seria A mean nothing then here in the Southern Premier players will come and go pretty much when they please!

On a different note who is for the Captains arm band this season? For me two players stand out wither Rob BULLIVANT or Matt SEEDEL... What say the rest of you?

Edited by The Hovis Kid

As long as we have a hard working honest side who give 100% every game then I certainly won't be complaining no matter what happens.

It’s a shame we've lost so many players from last season but that’s life, you play the hand you are dealt. At the end of the day I support Windsor & Eton Football Club, good luck to the players that have left but ultimately I'm only interested in the present squad of players not the past. Having only seen 2 pre season games I'm probably not the best qualified to make a judgement, however I've been reasonably impressed with what I have seen so far, of course there is room for improvement but given the circumstances of the last few months I think things have turned out pretty good considering. Only time will tell if we sink or swim but I'm uncharacteristically optimistic that we're be ok.

Have to agree with rother, Ryan Bernard would be my choice for captain.

Anyway roll on the 14th when all the speculation can stop and the real football begins.

Have some of these new names who appaered on the team sheets this week actually signed for us?

Fiston Manuella (nicknamed Mr Angry by one of his former clubs), seems to be, shall we say, a combative midfielder judging by his record. He has plenty of experience at higher levels so could be decent if he stays on the pitch long enough.

Ikenna Ofoche, ex Millwall youth player who was released by them in April this year, seems to have been quite well-regarded there from what I've read so could be a fine addition to the squad.

Xan anyone comment on their performances last week and whether they are starting the season with us?

"Mr. Angry" is about right - he was jailed for a couple of months for headbutting an opponent whilst at Staines. He does have experience of the higher levels though, including Chelmsford.

That was some time ago now and to be honest people get away with worse in every high street in the land on a Saturday night!

Everyone should be given a chance and only be judged on what they do now - I know Dave Mudge and Peter Simpson have had a long chat with Fiston about the club's expectations from him and he does genuinely seem to be a reformed character. He's also ten years older now so should be more mature but, at the end of the day, his football pedigree speaks for itself.

That was some time ago now and to be honest people get away with worse in every high street in the land on a Saturday night!

Everyone should be given a chance and only be judged on what they do now - I know Dave Mudge and Peter Simpson have had a long chat with Fiston about the club's expectations from him and he does genuinely seem to be a reformed character. He's also ten years older now so should be more mature but, at the end of the day, his football pedigree speaks for itself.

So, have Manuella and Ofoche been signed? Will they be available for selection on Saturday?

As for Manuella, he had been sent off for both Billericay and Heybridge Swifts last season before the season was 3 months old!!! Hopefully it's been a rapid reformation....

I predict he'll be the new cult hero.... "Fiston's gonna get ya!!!"

Edited by Rother

was it seedel that broke his leg at our place last season if so, good to see he is fit again.

all the best for the season, hope to see you next year, in premier, not you coming down :smilewinkgrin: but not too sure whether we will reach last years heights though. of course we could always finish a fortunate 5th and win the play offs !!!!

Matt - was it only 5 years ago? It shows how old I'm getting then. LOL.

Rother - signed yes, playing - well that's up to the manager !

I've seen players sent off in pre-season but it doesn't make them bad players for the rest of the year !

If he or any other player doesn't stick to the disciplinary rules laid down by the club then it will be bye bye.

A chanyt like that isn't going to help him if the ref is 50/50 on a decision and hears that being chanted from the terraces.

Stag Whippet - Seeds is the one who broke his leg but probably won't be fully fit until October time, thanks for your kind comments anyway and I'm sure you'll be there or thereabouts.