Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Carla Bruni

I was just curious to know what members think of this 42 year old fashion icon whose CV boasts over 250 magazine covers modelling for the likes of Dior and John Galliano, the latter which she wore on a recent state visit to London with President Sarkozy of France, boosting sales by well over £1 million virtually overnight. She is a successful singer-songwriter who sold over two million copies of her excellent debut album in 2003 as well as being a so called Polyglot who speaks fluent Italian, French, English, German and Spanish. One newspaper summed this woman, or should I say Goddess, up by saying "Carla has it all, the smile that manages to be both demure and debauched, the perfectly judged Parisian dress sense and the Audrey Hepburn-esque tilt of the head, no Hollywood film could ever cast such a perfect adult fairytale princess as Carla", however even that doesn't even begin to describe her.

I was just curious to know what members think of this 42 year old fashion icon whose CV boasts over 250 magazine covers modelling for the likes of Dior and John Galliano, the latter which she wore on a recent state visit to London with President Sarkozy of France, boosting sales by well over £1 million virtually overnight. She is a successful singer-songwriter who sold over two million copies of her excellent debut album in 2003 as well as being a so called Polyglot who speaks fluent Italian, French, English, German and Spanish. One newspaper summed this woman, or should I say Goddess, up by saying "Carla has it all, the smile that manages to be both demure and debauched, the perfectly judged Parisian dress sense and the Audrey Hepburn-esque tilt of the head, no Hollywood film could ever cast such a perfect adult fairytale princess as Carla", however even that doesn't even begin to describe her.

I do know that an anagram of her name is CRAB URINAL !

Horace - So you're not a fan I take it which surprises me

Yet another of your juvenile fantasies Rhodesy, you really are insatiable.

While I agree she is a perfectly acceptable bit of snotty tottie, you have to admit that anyone born into such obscene wealth, and has probably never done an honest days graft in her life, has a head start on most people of her age.

Officialspokesman – Were you aware that Carla Bruni is ‘legally’ the daughter of Italian industrialist Alberto Bruni Tedeschi, however in 2008 she disclosed that her biological father is infact an Italian born Brazilian, namely Maurizio Remmert, who had a six-year affair with her mother Marisa Borini. So despite being born with a silver spoon in her mouth, as you suggest, she hasn’t had it all her own way by any means and her beloved brother by ‘father’ Tedeschi, Virginio Bruni Tedeschi, sadly died from an AIDS related illness.

Officialspokesman – Were you aware that Carla Bruni is ‘legally’ the daughter of Italian industrialist Alberto Bruni Tedeschi, however in 2008 she disclosed that her biological father is infact an Italian born Brazilian, namely Maurizio Remmert, who had a six-year affair with her mother Marisa Borini. So despite being born with a silver spoon in her mouth, as you suggest, she hasn’t had it all her own way by any means and her beloved brother by ‘father’ Tedeschi, Virginio Bruni Tedeschi, sadly died from an AIDS related illness.

Wikipedia eh Rhodes?

Horace - Not at all, I'm her biggest fan!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Surely there can't be any truth in the rumour that an unhealthy friendship has developed between Carla Bruni and Pete Doherty, I wonder what President Sarkozy thinks with Carla due to give birth to his child in October:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/07/31/la-belle-et-la-bete-rocker-pete-doherty-gets-close-to-french-first-lady-carla-bruni-115875-23309012/

• 1 month later...

I see that Carla Bruni gave birth to a baby daughter on Wednesday who will be called Giulia, Mother and baby are doing well and her husband President Nicolas Sarkozy is said to be over the moon. Carla has a ten year old son, Aurélien Enthoven, from a previous relationship with Raphaël Enthoven, a Professor of French philosophy, Sarkozy has three other children from two previous marriages before hitting the jackpot when meeting Carla at a dinner party in November 2007 and they married three months later.

• 8 months later...

I see that Carla Bruni is pregnant again with her third child, and second with former French President Nicolas Sarkozy. It has been reported that Bruni had fallen into depression following her husband's election defeat to Francois Hollande recently so can now look forward, and channel her energies, into becoming a Mother again.

There was a joke on Sickipedia a few months back:

'This morning, Francois Hollande is waking up to his first day as the new leader of France... meanwhile, Carla Bruni is waking up with an unemployed Stan Laurel lookalike... it ain't gonna last!'

I'm not so sure, Carla was probably keen to put the days behind her whereby she earned a bad reputation and I'm sure enjoys being married to Nicolas Sarkozy with all the trappings that brings, her children by him will want for nothing and have the best education money can buy which wouldn't have been the case had she stayed on her previous path.

• 10 months later...

Did anybody catch Carla Bruni on Jonathan Ross last week, I thought she would have been far better advised going on the Graham Norton Show as Norton actually allows his guests to speak and has done an incredible amount of research on each of them beforehand

• 1 year later...

It's interesting to look at various photographs of past First Lady's of France as Carla Bruni was clearly by far the most glamorous, you have to hand it to Nicolas Sarkozy for 'bagging' the amazing Bruni and it wouldn't surprise me if they are back in the Elysée Palace before too long by popular demand:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/new-book-reveals-why-being-first-lady-of-france-is-a-miserable-existence-9669923.html

It's interesting to look at various photographs of past First Lady's of France as Carla Bruni was clearly by far the most glamorous, you have to hand it to Nicolas Sarkozy for 'bagging' the amazing Bruni and it wouldn't surprise me if they are back in the Elysée Palace before too long by popular demand:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/new-book-reveals-why-being-first-lady-of-france-is-a-miserable-existence-9669923.html

An interesting observation Rhodsey.

Politics in Europe is rapidly changing.  France, like other countries over the Channel, is becoming far more right-wing.

• 3 months later...

In a recent interview with Le Parisien newspaper the amazing Carla Cruni disclosed that she is obsessed with fame and has a 'devouring need for recognition' because she is illegitimate. It's no secret that although Carla is legally the daughter of concert pianist Marisa Borini and composer Albert Bruni Tedeschi her biological father is millionaire Italian businessman Maurizio Remmert:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-507910/Millionaire-breaks-silence-reveal-Carla-Brunis-REAL-father.html

What the hell has being born illegitimate got to do with anything in this day and age.

I abhor the word.

What the hell has being born illegitimate got to do with anything in this day and age.

I abhor the word.

I seriously doubt that Rhodesly has any problem with the situation, after all, every one of his children are illegitimate Big JR.

What the hell has being born illegitimate got to do with anything in this day and age

Big J R - Yes but it's different when you suddenly find out a lot later in life that 'the Father' you have known all your life is not actually your biological Father, that must be devastating mustn't it.

Archived