Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round

Sunday 15 August

Hadley v Barking (1.00pm)

A more detailed report on this one from another's Forum, I wonder whether Hadley supplied matchsticks to spectators during the game as it sounds like they were required:

Sunday 15 August 2010: Hadley 0-0 Barking: FA Cup; att: 146; Entry £5; programme issued.

Like several from this message board I headed for Potters Bar to see Hadley’s first ever FA Cup game played at The Walk, their borrowed ground. Last Saturday Hadley posted their record league attendance, of 75. Last season they packed in 83 for an FA Vase game. So this was their record crowd by some margin. My head count was 145, so I was pleased to see the official crowd registered as 146 – here is a club with accurate crowd figures it seems. Quite a few were from Barking, and I count myself as a bit of a Barking supporter, on the side. There would have been more here too were it not for rail disruption – two friends of mine abandoned the journey at Kings Cross and wound up in the Wenlock Arms all afternoon instead. I heard of others in similar situations.

The Potters Bar ground was, I thought, looking a little scruffy. It’s not a bad set up though. A decent stand on the west side (as mentioned above), an older and more rudimentary little stand with two rows of bench seating on the east side, and a new little bit of covered standing at the south end. I have put a photo and location map at this link:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/39357523

Several have already commented that this was a poor game, and it was. Barking started the better and should really have taken control. But Hadley came back into the game and the two sides rather neutralised each other. The outcome might have been different had the referee spotted two handball incidents in the second half – but he didn’t and we had a nil-nil. Barking cup games can often be good for an on-pitch punch-up, but we were denied even that. Although they did come close.

A tea bar was busy and was supplying superior bacon baguettes. A decent little match programme sold for £1 on entry and supplies were adequate for the bigger than usual crowd.

Ooopsss we didnt upset the plans did we! :elephant:

Stansted obviously took the game lightly on Saturday thinking they only needed to turn up to win!

Absolute Cobblers !

Stansted didn't win a very competitive league by not taking games seriously. With Good money on offer for progressing in the FA Cup, Stansted would have definitely been up for it. Swallow some pride Cliff & give KTFC the credit they deserve for a great victory.

With Royston losing their second cup game in a row to Division One teams, lets them concentrate on the league. coffee%20(2).gif Congratz to both Hoddesdon and Crawley Green.

This has left a space open to fill with a league match and Broxbourne Boro will be our opponents on the 28th August at Goffs Lane.

waytogo.gif

Edited by krafty

Congratulations Nellie - who's next?

Thanks loose, Bethnal Green are next and fingers crossed.

'nellie' bet Rhodes won't be at the game when you play Bethnal Green?

efc according to the Bethnall Green forum he does intend to be there.

yep wot he says and does are two different thing nellie still say he won't turn up but we will see hope its a good and best team wins

Haringey Borough 3 Hillingdon Borough 0

A report and photo on this excellent win from today's Tottenham Journal however it looks like Haringey will suffer the same fate as Hoddesdon Town at Burnham Ramblers on Saturday week:

http://www.tottenham...3A23%3A45%3A517

FA CUP EXTRA PRELIMINARY ROUND

Haringey Borough 3

Hillingdon Borough 0

RICHARD Worrell scored twice as Borough eased through the Extra Preliminary Round of the FA Cup on Saturday, setting up a tie with Burnham Ramblers in nine days time.

Haringey were 3-0 winners over Hillingdon at Coles Park, with David Boal netting the third goal against their fellow Spartan Premier Division opponents.

There was little action in a cagey first half but, immediately after the interval, a loose ball fell to Worrell and he smashed it home from eight yards.

The Hillingdon response was surprisingly meek and Worrell doubled the lead, meeting Demetri Stratis' corner kick with a thumping header from just beyond the far post.

Thirteen minutes from time debutant Jamie Brandon fired against the post and Boal met the rebound on the edge of the penalty area, arrowing a low volley into the far corner.

Borough will travel to face Essex Senior League side Burnham Ramblers in the cup on Saturday

August 28, with the winners hosting Zamaretto League Premier Division outfit Chesham United two weeks later.