Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

W&E 1-0 Leamington

Rother

Excellent battling performance today.

So much better than Tuesday. The players worked as a team and it was obvious that the spirit was excellent. Well done to one and all.

MOTM? Difficult to call but although I'm usually up the oyther end I though Woozley was almost faultless.

Delroy gives me a bleedin' heart attack when he goes a-wandering but he made one magnificent save early in the 2nd half that was hugely importtant as we had only just scored ourselves, and made some decent clearances from some testing aerial balls.

Really enjoyed that game - bring it on, the team is gelling!!

Agree. Good, hard-working team unit won that game. Leamington looked dangerous for twenty minutes but, once the team got their collective confidence together, we started to look a lot better. Michael needs but one good pass to create his goals and so it proved again. That's the sort of crowd size we need for every home game if we want to succeed off and on the pitch.

Hi all, newbie to the forum. I've watched a few games down at Stag Meadow in the past, but have decided to make Windsor and Eton a permanent fixture, and will likely make a few away games this season.

Today's performance was a world away from that on Tuesday night. It's a new team that needs time to gel, and I beleive that the early goal on Tuesday rocked the team's confidence and they found it hard to pick themselves back up.

You could see that the players were nervous in the opening minutes, but they grew in stature and confidence in the first half, with much of the long ball game used against Cirencester replaced by passing football. They started the second half with a determination and desire that brought them a deserved goal, with a cool, calm finish from Michael Chennells. From there, the team just got better with midfield and attack beginning to gel, leading to wave after wave of Royalists attacks.

It was a better defensive performance today, but there is still a lot of room for improvement. Dave Woozley was pretty solid, and the No.4 (sorry for my ignorance, as I'm still getting used to the players, as I'm sure many are with the new faces) looks good with his head and in the tackle, but needs to work on his positioning and reading of the game. I'm sure that will come though.

Delroy Preddie had a Jekyll and Hyde game - one minute he was pulling off one great save after another, and the next going awol from his line or diving at thin air. Full credit to him though for keeping Leamington at bay.

All being said though, a great win against one of the better teams in the division (there's a certain irony in that for me, Leamington looked a far better side than Cirencester), you could see that there was a great desire to make amends for Tuesday night. The passing wasn't perfect, but it wasn't bad, and I'm sure it will improve with each game, as the players get to know each other, but there was a lot of potential on display this afternoon. The best team overall won today and they fully deserved the three points.

Agree with all of above. I think the best thing about the game was we didn't concede! That will give the defence such a lift. You just wouldn't believe it was the same team as Tuesday! Thought Fiston Manuella started slowly yesterday but got much better as the match went on and i can see a lot of potential in him as he gets fitter! Another great finish by Chenns and good performance from Jake Parsons! The whole team worked their socks off and fair play to them after Tuesday! As for the keeper not totally convinced about him but wiil certainly give us a lot of entertainment value!

Thanks for the welcome Rother.

I would agree that Justin looked pretty composed at times for his age, and having an player such as Woozley alongside him will go a long way in his development. The same can be said for much of the team. There are signs of potential in the team and yesterday's performance will help them no end.

I couldn't agree with you more Sparksy. The clean sheet will have given the defence, Delroy, and indeed all the players, a massive boost in belief, morale and confidence, and Manuella showed yesterday that he could prove to be the midfield's 'engine room' if he can gain full fitness and indeed stays for the season, as he has tended to move around clubs quite frequently in the past. Hopefully he will settle at Stag Meadow this season.

Great result against a side who on paper at least are probably the best side we have come up against for a few seasons, with the possible exception of Truro.

It was a brave move by DM & BW to play one up front at home but a stroke of genius nevertheless. We swamped the midfield and stopped them from playing, also our wingers kept their fallbacks pinned back preventing them from getting forward, in the end they had to resort to lumping the ball forward which was well dealt with by our defense. It was also good to see us knocking the ball about a bit more, the aimless punts down the channels we saw on Tuesday were replaced by balls to feet and we seemed to be getting the ball out wide earlier.

Great goal from Chenns, it’s clear to see he's had some quality coaching recently as his positional play and all round game seems to have leapt up a notch.

You could probably argue a case for everyone to be Man of the Match as it was such a good all round team display. I have to say though I thought that was the best I've seen Adam Dickens play in a Windsor shirt.

Also the pitch seemed in much better condition then it was on Tuesday. Well done to the ground staff, they must have worked night and day to improve it that much in a few days.

Edited by Mrs_Cat

Hi guys, I registered a while on the this forum but never got round to posting anything so I thought to start now! I got into supporting Windsor about 2 years ago and loving every minute of the non-league atmosphere, and find myself bringing down mates as much as possible to matches!

Anyway enough about me. It was great to see Windsor get the win on saturday, I wasn't there but was constantly looking on twitter for the result (By the way whoever is doing the Twitter feed please keep it up its fantastic!) and the reports seemed to say the performance was another world away from the last performance which I saw against Cirencester. Also I was just wondering when Rob Bullivant will be fit again?, because i saw him doing a warm up against cirencester.

Bully was on the bench yesterday and a welocome return it is to he has proved time and again what a solid keeper he is. Thought i saw something mentioned that he was around 8 weeks away from fitness in the local paper? But seems to have made a quick recovery.

As for yesterdays game what a turnaround a marked improvement a great team performance and once the initial early presssure we looked fairly comfortable. That will give this team no end of confidence so lets hope they continue to push on from here.

Seems like on their forum that they thought we were very poor and certs to go down. Management got the tactics 100% right despite hearing some fans bemoaning the fact that chenns was up front alone.

The sort of victory that we will have to churn out if we are to keep our step 3 status. Thought the windsor turnout was disapointing if you took away the 150 plus leamington fans we would be down to worse crowds than last season. Have we lost our behind the goal support, didnt hear any singing or chanting or were we overwhelmed by the vocals of leamington. Surprised no one has mentioned the ref, gave everthing to us for a change, leam fans were furious, and i do have some sympathy for them. Early days yet but considering what DM has had to do this summer he should be congratulated. He may well as yet be seen as the new windsor messiah :smilewinkgrin: not forgeting BW and the rest of the management team and players, have i forgot anyone : )

Edited by windsorian

A good win for you guys. Being honest I fully expected Leam to take three points off you but you outplayed us (just!) to take them yourselves. To be fair to us we did play dreadfully and if you'd have caught us on a good day I think we'd have beaten you. But you can only beat whats put in front of you and you did that so nice one.

Also very much enjoyed your town, the pub in the fire station was good. Please take the time to look around ours when you make the return leg, its Royal too you know, lol.

That was better,much more like it & the pitch was certainly in better nick,still concerned about the goalmouth especially at the town end of the ground,still we can't have everything can we.

Must say all the Leamington people that I spoke to on the way out of the ground were very gracious in defeat,they really did think they were going to hammer us especially after Tuesday,glad they enjoyed their visit to our town.

A bit late from me but I echo most of what has been said. Fiston for me looked like he is going to progress further when he is fit. Dickens had a top game from where I was standing as well as Clayton and Brown looked good playing at right back too.

The pitch looked a great deal better than the previous game so fair play to te ground staff for that, thank you!

For me a highlight was after the game to see the players pleased with the performance and Mudgy's celebrations as he went into the changing rooms. it was clear to see this means a lot to him!