Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 28/29 September

I see the hardman of broxbourne got himself in some bother again.Anyone with the gossip?

Are we talking first team manager here?

No was talking about the scorer of the two goals.

sorry wires crossed thought you were talking about the broxbourne manager.......(not that im saying he is a hardman)!

Edited by monkeymonkey8

A very poor September for Hadley having lost every league game, 2nd bottom with only 6 goals scored.

Have they lost players from last seasons Division 1 side or is the gulf between the two divisions proving a step too far?

I don't think they have recovered from losing Stuart Farrell to Uxbridge at the start of this season, he was a lynchpin for them last season

Hardman? I thought it was Daryl Mitchell that scored the goals?

Rumour is the first team manager has been sacked and Daryl's Facebook is indicating retirement from football... 451.gifwtf.gif

Wednesday 29 September

Premier Division

3 1 Aylesbury United v Hanwell Town

A brief report on this one from last night from another's Forum, it looks like Aylesbury United are just getting out of first gear:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE PREMIER

Aylesbury United 3-1 Hanwell Town

Admission £3.50 (conc.) Programme £1.00 Our snake & kiddy pie £2.00

Despite the heavy rain (which eased off and stopped during the second half), the pitch held up very well allowing for some good football to be played by both sides resulting in the goals I was so desperately seeking to take this season's total over 100.

Are you sure last nights attendance was correct Rhodes, perish the thought if the man on the gate was the one used so regulary by Hatfield eh.

Don't forget, attendances over 5 and you're normally on the phone to Carol Vorderman asking for assistance.

Rumour is the first team manager has been sacked and Daryl's Facebook is indicating retirement from football... 451.gifwtf.gif

Thats what i was getting at in my first post! Didnt want to start a rumour thou!

Thats what i was getting at in my first post! Didnt want to start a rumour thou!

Don't worry about starting a rumour, people will think Rhodes had summit to do with anyway

Wednesday 29 September

Division One

Sport London e Benfica v Cockfosters

I gather Cockfosters lead 6-1 towards the end of the proceedings this evening

One of Benficas best results of the season then if it's ONLY 6-1 towards the end of proceedings, haha, oops and it went in the end 7-1, Benfica definately improving then.

Or did you write this post Rhodes as you are Cockfosters BIGGEST FAN and hope this will get you a free invite to the Xmas party.

Who knows George Michael may even be there doing his 'party piece', oh how we wish we was in the wonderful Rhodes world haha

Out of interest Rhodes, 'How much do clubs pay you to say on here that you're their biggest fan?'

All over the non-league news like a Rhodes, I mean rash haha, Sport Benfica should at last be back to full strength for this weekend.

Them twins the Shovels make a welcome return, P.Axe-Handle, Stanley Knife and that jock bloke MacHete are all making an appearance too....should be an easy game for the Ref then haha

Stony Stratford v Spot da Bent Fica this weekend, which in turn has nothing to do with this topic, but, so what....a real basement battle, especially with Benfica back to full strength.

Along with the Shovel twins, Stanley Knife and MacHete here they've just signed in time for the game from that Bin Laden mob an R.Mee, Dr Martin has signed too has as A.Gunn.....such an arsenal of potential then.

Mind you hear Stony have employed Wong Kee, Wang Ka and Fang Q to work on their defence, 4,622,186 bricks later and the Great Wall of China has a rival.

May the team whose name begin with S win......

:stupid:

Edited by ref off ref

A rumour no more!!

It will be very interesting to see who is in the running for that?

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Sport/Beels-exits-Broxbourne.htm

A rumour no more!!

http://www.hertfords...-Broxbourne.htm

Sven Gormless Ericsson 5/1

Rhodes 4/6 fav

A rumour no more!!

Rhodes 4/6 fav

ROR - come on mate stick something decent on here......who cares about Rhodes......lets talk footy!

A rumour no more!!

Rhodes 4/6 fav

ROR - come on mate stick something decent on here......who cares about Rhodes......lets talk footy!

True, if we wanna be depressed we could take in an hour of Corrie let alone talk about the Public Lav Stalker.

So da Gaffer of Broxbourne left according to the local rag, think some clubs set their priorities too high, after all shouldn't it be fun?

A rumour no more!!

Rhodes 4/6 fav

True, if we wanna be depressed we could take in an hour of Corrie let alone talk about the Public Lav Stalker.

So da Gaffer of Broxbourne left according to the local rag, think some clubs set their priorities too high, after all shouldn't it be fun?

Big club....big things expected!

not sure what his budget was over there!?

they looked decent last season.....i watched their semi final against Aston Clinton.......not so good this season when st mags drew 4 all with them.

Edited by monkeymonkey8

When you look at the Premier Division, even as early as the end of September, barring a disaster it looks like Chalfont St Peter with Tring Athletic in their slip stream.

You can pull the best players in and on paper have what appears the best side, but without team spirit and unity then it counts for nothing.

Down at Padbury, we have for that division assembled a good team and expectations are high, what we do have though is a good team spirit and a strong unity so hopefully that will stand us in good stead for a long time to come, the main thing though is about enjoying it, win, lose or draw....the day you don't, then you have problems.

Maybe this at the Borough could have been the case, maybe the bar was raised too high, too soon!!!

When you look at the Premier Division, even as early as the end of September, barring a disaster it looks like Chalfont St Peter with Tring Athletic in their slip stream.

You can pull the best players in and on paper have what appears the best side, but without team spirit and unity then it counts for nothing.

Down at Padbury, we have for that division assembled a good team and expectations are high, what we do have though is a good team spirit and a strong unity so hopefully that will stand us in good stead for a long time to come, the main thing though is about enjoying it, win, lose or draw....the day you don't, then you have problems.

Maybe this at the Borough could have been the case, maybe the bar was raised too high, too soon!!!

ROR - nice post....i like it! some good points made there.

I think ur mistaken about the broxbourne hardman.....it was paul burton and fred dooling that got sent off!!

Daryl Mitchell was the guy that scored both broxs goals, 2nd was an absolutely superb free kick, beat the hertford goalkeeper all ends up!!

I spoke to a friend at brox today and apparently 4 or 5 of their big players are following the ex manager out of the door, 2 to join up with ex ex manager Faulkner at Ware!

I think ur mistaken about the broxbourne hardman.....it was paul burton and fred dooling that got sent off!!

Daryl Mitchell was the guy that scored both broxs goals, 2nd was an absolutely superb free kick, beat the hertford goalkeeper all ends up!!

I spoke to a friend at brox today and apparently 4 or 5 of their big players are following the ex manager out of the door, 2 to join up with ex ex manager Faulkner at Ware!

You are correct that is was Burton and Dooling who got sent off but it was Daryl who had to be held back at the end and reckoned he was going to kill the Hertford Left Winger who had murdered Brox all evening. That is the reason for the hardman comment, we all know Daryl isn't a hardman but unfortunately he let himself down (again) on Tuesday night with poor discipline and no doubt this didnt help the gaffers situation.

It is a shame that Beels has left the club, he is a nice guy who knows his stuff.

I do believe that there is a budget at the club, and this is helped with London Lions paying to play there - I think there expectations were too high from the start, but either way they should be doing better than they are!!

[

You are correct that is was Burton and Dooling who got sent off but it was Daryl who had to be held back at the end and reckoned he was going to kill the Hertford Left Winger who had murdered Brox all evening. That is the reason for the hardman comment, we all know Daryl isn't a hardman but unfortunately he let himself down (again) on Tuesday night with poor discipline and no doubt this didnt help the gaffers situation.

It is a shame that Beels has left the club, he is a nice guy who knows his stuff.

I do believe that there is a budget at the club, and this is helped with London Lions paying to play there - I think there expectations were too high from the start, but either way they should be doing better than they are!!

Thank you Chinola for making it clear.. Daryl is a good lad and a good player but seems to act the prat on the football field so maybe best if he does call it a day..As for some of the players going on to ware? Forgive me if i am wrong but what hope have they got? if they can not even perfrom for broxbourne let alone ware who are a step higher.