Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 28/29 September

Thank you Chinola for making it clear.. Daryl is a good lad and a good player but seems to act the prat on the football field so maybe best if he does call it a day..As for some of the players going on to ware? Forgive me if i am wrong but what hope have they got? if they can not even perfrom for broxbourne let alone ware who are a step higher.

You are right he is a good lad off the park but loses it on the pitch. Very easy to wind up and Hertford suceeded in doing this Tuesday. Talking about players going over to Ware - could the manager go the other way and return to Brox? They dont have a budget at Ware and they are struggling a bit.

I think Tony will end up back at boro, good Manager but i dont think that will happen for a little while yet..

Think that they should follow what seems to be the trend of the local sides and appoint a younger manager.. Only have to look at colney heath who i think are a good side, Hertford who i think are doing very well under limited resources and hoddesdon who seems to have had a good start. All have younger managers.

I think Tony will end up back at boro, good Manager but i dont think that will happen for a little while yet..

Think that they should follow what seems to be the trend of the local sides and appoint a younger manager.. Only have to look at colney heath who i think are a good side, Hertford who i think are doing very well under limited resources and hoddesdon who seems to have had a good start. All have younger managers.

Being a young manager is not really a credential for being successful, guess if you know your stuff, can pull in the right players and can motivate the team when the chips are down would seem to be a better criteria.

Then again who knows what some Chairmen think, some may like those who are a bit wet behind the ears, don't ask for anything in return and get the odd win here and there.

Wednesday 29 September

P Wodson Park v Crawley Green

(waterlogged)

I thought this was rather a poor show on Wednesday evening, it's always frustrating:

Wodson Park v Crawley Green

SSML Division One

Match off - waterlogged - just as I got to the turnstile

Did manage to get a programme though

Tuesday 28 September

1 3 Harpenden Town v Kings Langley

A report on this surprise scoreline from Tuesday evening:

Harpenden Town 1 Kings Langley 3

Spartan South Midlands League - Division One

Admission: £3.50

Programme: 50p

Strange one this, I have this theory, sometimes, the richest / poshest of town's, invariably have some of the poorer football facilities. Take Harpenden, posh commuter belt, all very Waitrose, M&S, not a Spoons or a chippy in sight! Lovely tennis facilities (posh sport) as you wander down to the ground, but then it kind of doesn't fit. Don't get me wrong, great people, hard working, but on a hiding to nothing, comments in the programme suggest they may well be relegated at the end of the season due to the ground. For those that haven't been, clubhouse (not one for a Christening bash!) and dressing rooms just outside, seen some vandalism, and once inside the ground, the areas around the pitch are all overgrown, whereas the stand has seen much better days. The pitch was hard and bobbly, and in need of a mow.

I'm trying desperately hard not to slag them off, but, if this had been in some northern ex-mining town going through hard times, you could understand it, it would fit, but in Harpenden, well if some kind hearted locals were to use the loose change from their Chelsea/Arsenal season tickets and combined parking permits, then the club would benefit tremendously. But no one seems to care, the Champions League is what it's about, with an overpriced meal at one of the restaurants to celebrate your 'local' teams win against Marseille or Partizan Belgrade. Way of the World I guess.

For the record, Harpenden took the lead but a determined Kings Langley came back well in the second period. The noisy young lads supporting Harpenden bordered between the funny and the annoying, but at least they cared, Harpenden on a whole, it seems doesn't.

Tuesday 28 September

Premier Division

1 2 Kingsbury London Tigers v Chalfont St Peter

A brief report on this one from Tuesday evening, it sounded like Chalfont St Peter barely got out of first gear:

Kingsbury London Tigers 1 Chalfont St Peters 2

The visitors made it 11 wins in 11 games. I was expecting more in view of their record but you cannot knock it. They were 2 up at half time the 2nd from a penalty that even they did not appeal for! They probably just about deserved to keep the 100% record.

Tigers are a friendly club but with little support. My h/c was 37 but probably under 20 paying fans. A nice free buffet at half time in clubhouse consisting of sausages, roast spuds. onion rings & a selection of sandwiches were gratefully & quickly devoured.

Dary Mitchell.......a Hard man.............cheesy%20(2).gif :97: stop it, stop it, my sides r about to split!!!

surprised Mitch aint about 20 stone coz he loves a bite up, especially on the pitch! geezers a proper mug......

wand of a left peg tho!

still a mug tho! HI DARYL dance%20(2).gif

Anyway.... Back to the original point of this topic, midweek football this week. I was at the North Beds Charity Cup game between Langford and Arlesey last night, and was very impressed with the Langford performance. They only played one first team player in preperation for their big FA Vase tie this weekend, and won 4-1. Looks like things are on the up now with Terry Kitchener and Tony Armitage at the helm after the impressive 5-0 victory of Hillingdon Borough last weekend...

Tuesday 28 September

Premier Division

2 4 Broxbourne Borough v Hertford Town

A report and photos from this one on Tuesday evening:

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/

Looks like things are on the up now with Terry Kitchener and Tony Armitage at the helm

That's not altogether surprising is it, they are both old school Coaches who will leave no stone unturned

Haha so many cabbages on here!!!

This is Daryl....im well hard!!

Chinola and football06, make urselfs known if ur brave enough....il kill u both!!

The only person in the world who can beat me up in neutral 'jamie mitchell' bob...he's like a gangster!!

The hertford winger was a diving little twat and melted like a choc ice on a bbq!!

Im retiring because i have work on sats now plus im goin travelling to thai and oz in the new year!!

Otherwise id stay playing in this crap league and nutmeg people like bob for fun hahahahah!! bob i miss u!!

and one second about the budget at brox....i think we got £8 a win.....does this class as a budget, coz if it does i got 24 quid coz we lost loads hahahah

Wednesday 29 September

North Beds Charity Cup Quarter Final

Langford v Arlesey Town

4 1 Langford v Arlesey Town

Attendance 52

• 2 months later...

1 3 Kentish Town v Harefield United

An amusing report on this one, even Nellie gets a mention as does the sorry state of the programme:

http://www.surfingseadog.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=65882

1 3 Kentish Town v Harefield United

An amusing report on this one, even Nellie gets a mention as does the sorry state of the programme:

http://www.surfingseadog.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=65882

Rhodes - Here you go again..Making things up. Where in that report does it say the programme is in a sorry state?????????? From now on every post you make that is wrong or just pooh I will give you stick for it!!!!! When will you learn??

Love the Game - Did you read the same extract of the article I did, if not here it is. What a difference to the award winning programme of 'War and Peace' proportions they had a few seasons ago:

The programme was certainly an eclectic read featuring such articles as 7 childrens quotes, 10 things that sound dirty in golf, 14 advantages of being a woman. They all had to be read to be believed. There was also the announcement that vuvuzelas are banned from the ground and the club reserved the right to refuse admission. Glad they could be choosy on such crowd figures!