Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 5/6/7 October

If Benfica DO see the season out defo then without doubt will be relegated.

But ground sharing and the costs involved just cannot see them entertaining division 2 next season, which is why I mentioned in another post some time ago think they will go back to the Middlesex League....adios amigo's

Notwithstanding the 18-1 defeat, I wonder how much Sport London e Benfica incurred in fines last night

Took in the Cranfield v Stony Stratford game Tuesday evening, know Cranfield were a couple short and the Gaffa was away I think on holiday, but no excuses Cranfield were poor at times.

At 1 down they missed a penalty and from there on in looked totally lost, arguing amongst each other, no real urgency or passion, against fellow strugglers and at home thought they may go for it big time, but on this showing they do have a mountain to climb.

Players missing, decisions going against is all very well, it's points on the board that count and this was a great opportunity for them to bag 3 vital one's, but in truth no one in sky blue seemed bothered, and that is sad to see.

Top class clubhouse and quality playing surface wouldn't been seen out of place in the premier league, shame the players on the night didn't match the facilities their club offers them.

Last night’s depressing reading, I’m sure we all feel for beleaguered Sport London e Benfica and Special1:

Wednesday 6 October

Premier Division

P Kentish Town v Haringey Borough

(‘waterlogged’)

Division 1

3 1 AFC Dunstable v New Bradwell St Peter

3 0 Bedford Town Reserves v Buckingham Athletic

1 0 Crawley Green v Ampthill Town

18 1 Wodson Park v Sport London e Benfica

Surburban League Reserve Division North

P Tring Athletic Reserves v Leverstock Green Reserves

I think the cream is slowly starting to rise to the top following the horrendus pre-season when some people judged the book by the cover, I think we have another massive fish this season swimming in a small pond similar to Oxford City in 2005/2006!

DJM61 - Didn't you read my post on the Aylesbury United thread. Any slip up by Chalfont St Peter between now and the end of April will be capitalised on and I gather they still have to meet twice which will be six points for Aylesbury

All I have to say to that is ROFLMAO.

Oh, and anyone waiting for them to slip up should make themselves comfortable for a long time, I don't see it happening for months, if at all :smilewinkgrin:

Division 1

A report on this one from another's Forum:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE DIVISION 1

AFC DUNSTABLE 2-1 NEW BRADWELL ST. PETER

Admission £4.00 Programme £1.00 Attendance 51 (h/c)

Something at the back of my mind tells me that this fixture last season was interrupted by a hailstorm and a spout of handbags after NBSP's No.11 was sent off, but I can't remember when it was.

No such drama tonight though as both sides played out an evenly tempered game in fine conditions that were a bit chilly - or was it beacause I'd just had my hair cut? As with Dunstable Town, there's no hot food (although there never was with AFC) and the table that used to offer tea and coffee has now gone meaning that if you want a hot drink, you have to wangle your way into the boardroom and as Pipeman wasn't there tonight, I wasn't going to chance my arm.

Premier Division

4 2 Leverstock Green v Hertford Town

Attendance 49

SSML Premier Division

LEVERSTOCK GREEN 4 HERTFORD TOWN 2

Entry £5.00

prog £1.00

Att 50 (Guess)

Another interesting, rather than exciting game.

Visitors Hertford should have been out of sight by the time the home side were reduced to ten men on the hour. But leading 2-1 at half time having made a complete hash of two simple one on one's, the Blues then missed a penalty and hit the woodwork before the dismisal of Green's number eight for a stamp on a Hertford player already on the ground.

The strangely handled sending off however (the referee showed the player two yellow cards and then a red) only served to galvanize the home side into action and within ten minutes they were in front as Hertford completely lost their way. A goal in the last minute of normal time sealed the win but in truth Levy would have finished easy winners without it.

Premier Division

1 7 Langford v Royston Town

Attendance 103

A report on this peculiar result from another's Forum:

Langford 1 Royston Town 7

Spartan South Midlands League - Premier Division

Attendance: 103

Admission: £5 (including programme)

Strange one this, Royston 1-0 up at half time, missed a penalty and hit woodwork twice, should have been 3/4 up, but you sensed given Langford's propensity to hoist long throw's and high balls into the box, they might snatch something from the game.

Wrong! But even after 60 minutes, with the score 0-1, albeit with Royston dominating, you wondered whether we might have a sting in the tail due to the failure of Royston to put them to bed, at that stage......

Up stepped the impressive George Brinkman, and sub Josh Bronti, and before you could blink both had grabbed a hat-trick, to Langford's solitary goal in reply. A very impressive win for Royston, as for Langford, heads dropped badly, they need to regroup and quickly.

Ground is tidy, couple of stands, one seated, hard standing, enclosed by conifer trees. Big clubhouse incorporating tea bar. Got to Henlow (ground is in Henlow, not Langford) nice and early, so managed a couple of GBG pubs to sample the lager.

Thursday 7 October

South Midlands Reserve Floodlit Cup First Round

Colney Heath Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

Last night's result if, in the unlikely event, anyone is interested:

Colney Heath Reserves 3 Hoddesdon Town Reserves 0

Division 1

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE DIVISION 1

AFC DUNSTABLE 2-1 NEW BRADWELL ST. PETER

Admission £4.00 Programme £1.00 Attendance 51 (h/c)

Something at the back of my mind tells me that this fixture last season was interrupted by a hailstorm and a spout of handbags after NBSP's No.11 was sent off, but I can't remember when it was.

No such drama tonight though as both sides played out an evenly tempered game in fine conditions that were a bit chilly - or was it beacause I'd just had my hair cut? As with Dunstable Town, there's no hot food (although there never was with AFC) and the table that used to offer tea and coffee has now gone meaning that if you want a hot drink, you have to wangle your way into the boardroom and as Pipeman wasn't there tonight, I wasn't going to chance my arm.

Last season you plum I think this fixture was :stupid:

Oh and as for the handbags with the No.11 from NB, think you'll find he smashed him