Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 12/13 October

I thought there would be more fixtures this week, is it because England are playing tonight:

Tuesday 12 October

Premier Division

Colney Heath v Kingsbury London Tigers

Haringey Borough v Hadley

Hertford Town v Harefield United

St Margaretsbury v Langford

Division 1

Amersham Town v London Colney (7.30pm)

Berkhamsted v Cockfosters

Buckingham Athletic v Kings Langley

Hoddesdon Town v Sun Postal Sports

Reserve Division 1

Hatfield Town Reserves v Langford Reserves

South Midlands Senior Floodlit Cup First Round

Ampthill Town v Oxhey Jets

South Midlands Reserve Floodlit Cup First Round

Wormley Rovers Reserves v Stotfold Reserves

North Bedfordshire Charity Cup Quarter Final

Biggleswade United v Wootton Blue Cross

Wednesday 13 October

Division 1

AFC Dunstable v Crawley Green

Reserve Challenge Trophy First Round

Cockfosters Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves

Wormley Rovers v Tring Athletic

I thought there would be more fixtures this week, is it because England are playing tonight:

Tuesday 12 October

Premier Division

Colney Heath v Kingsbury London Tigers

Haringey Borough v Hadley

Hertford Town v Harefield United

St Margaretsbury v Langford

Division 1

Amersham Town v London Colney (7.30pm)

Buckingham Athletic v Kings Langley

Hoddesdon Town v Sun Postal Sports

Reserve Division 1

Ampthill Town v Oxhey Jets

Wormley Rovers Reserves v Stotfold Reserves

Biggleswade United v Wootton Blue Cross

Wednesday 13 October

Division 1

AFC Dunstable v Crawley Green

Cockfosters Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves

Wormley Rovers v Tring Athletic

Do you mean that clubs with players in the squad have been allowed to call their SSML matches off?

Horace - Well I'm sure the likes of Lee Scott, Bradley Drysdale, NeutralFan, Lea Coulter, Ryan Redford and Roberto Quattromini could do a lot better than some of those prima donnas who will be 'performing' at Wembley this evening

Edited by NeutralFan

Berko v Cockfosters FC

Darren Caseman replaces Steve Hawes, in an otherwise unchanged team.

Steve has damaged ligaments and his ankle, and could be out for a month or six! It’s too soon to tell. We’ve all got our fingers crossed for you Hawesy.

1957: Tony Burnett trips the offside trap to put the Comrades ahead. 1-0

2038: Berko are pegged back by a twice taken penalty converted by Tony Andreos, and we’re still playing due to stoppages. 1-1

It’s a first for me, but the game has been abandoned due to an injury to the match referee and the absence of a suitably qualified replacement!

Horace - Well I'm sure the likes of Lee Scott, Bradley Drysdale, NeutralFan, Lea Coulter, Ryan Redford and Roberto Quattromini could do a lot better than some of those prima donnas who will be 'performing' at Wembley this evening

For once I agree with you!

I missed it and wentto watch Hertford Town v Harefield - 3-0 to Hertford, who also hit the woodwork three times and had a penalty saved! What has happened to the mighty Hares? Very lightweight.

North Beds Charity Cup

0 1 002 Biggleswade United v Wootton Blue Cross [ Quarter Final ]

South Midlands Senior Floodlit Cup

1 4 003 Ampthill Town v Oxhey Jets [ Round 1 ]

Premier Division

2 4 Colney Heath v Kingsbury London Tigers

3 0 Haringey Borough v Hadley

3 0 Hertford Town v Harefield United

4 1 St Margaretsbury v Langford

Division One

0 5 Amersham Town v London Colney

2 1 Buckingham Athletic v Kings Langley

1 1 Hoddesdon Town v Sun Postal Sports

Berko v Cockfosters FC

Steve has damaged ligaments and his ankle, and could be out for a month or six! It’s too soon to tell. We’ve all got our fingers crossed for you Hawesy.

2038: Berko are pegged back by a twice taken penalty converted by Tony Andreos, and we’re still playing due to stoppages. 1-1

It’s a first for me, but the game has been abandoned due to an injury to the match referee and the absence of a suitably qualified replacement!

Why didn't the senior Assistant Referee take over in the middle and a 'club linesman' found to act as Assistant Referee?

This is what occurred last season at the Broxbourne Borough V&E vs Hillingdon Borough when the Referee sustained an injury just before half time and I took over in the middle while one of the Clubs found someone to run the line.

Berko v Cockfosters FC

Why didn't the senior Assistant Referee take over in the middle and a 'club linesman' found to act as Assistant Referee?

This is what occurred last season at the Broxbourne Borough V&E vs Hillingdon Borough when the Referee sustained an injury just before half time and I took over in the middle while one of the Clubs found someone to run the line.

As I understand it, both Assistant referees where deemed insufficiently qualified to take charge as they were both level 7. There appeared to be a SSML official present and a referees assessor so I assume the decision came from them.

Flesh on the bones from last night:

Tuesday 12 October

Premier Division

2 4 Colney Heath v Kingsbury London Tigers

3 0 Haringey Borough v Hadley

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=148011&conf=&div=

3 0 Hertford Town v Harefield United

4 1 St Margaretsbury v Langford

Division 1

A Berkhamsted v Cockfosters

http://thecomrades.wordpress.com/

2 1 Buckingham Athletic v Kings Langley

1 1 Hoddesdon Town v Sun Postal Sports

Reserve Division 1

1 4 Ampthill Town v Oxhey Jets

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

1 6 Wormley Rovers Reserves v Stotfold Reserves

0 1 Biggleswade United v Wootton Blue Cross

Division One

A report on this one from another's Forum:

Amersham Town 0 London Colney 5 (Spartan South Midlands League Division 1) Att: 23

I really enjoyed this game. Played in excellent spirit throughout, but very competitive, it wasn't totally one sided. Amersham appeared to have weathered the early storm and were getting back into it, when they gifted the visitors a superb own goal. This was the first of a four goal burst in the middle of the first half. London Colney added a fifth early in the second half, had two disallowed then declared.

Spratley's Meadow is a cracking little ground, too. A two sider, with hard standing behind the goal and along one quite elevated side, with a decent sized stand on the halfway line. Interestingly, at one end it is called the Graham Taylor Stand and at the other it's the Mike Gahagan Stand. On the opposite side there is a derelict barn with trees growing through the roof. No standing at the far end, just a white railing then a wood. Wonderful.

Admission £3 including a basic programme. Didn't partake of refreshment. Plenty of parking inside the ground.

Very enjoyable evening.

Berko v Cockfosters FC

On a slightly different note Pete - two of Hertford's players are trialling with Omonia Nicosia this week. I notice you support them!

and I took over in the middle while one of the Clubs found someone to run the line.

So were you deemed sufficiently qualified then

Berko v Cockfosters FC

On a slightly different note Pete - two of Hertford's players are trialling with Omonia Nicosia this week. I notice you support them!

I wish them well. Omonia Nicosia have recently changed their manager so I wonder if this will have an effect on them.

btw Who are the players and how did they end up getting a trial at my Club?

Apparently so.

I've never seen you actually Referee a game before, just run the line in your trademark style

Apparently so.

I've never seen you actually Referee a game before, just run the line in your trademark style

Is that in the same way as you snort a line in your trademark style? cheesy%20(2).gif

Last night's action:

Wednesday 13 October

Division 1

1 1 AFC Dunstable v Crawley Green

2 3 Cockfosters Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves

0 4 Wormley Rovers v Tring Athletic