Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 12/13 October

your continual snide remaarks are getting exceedingly boring...give it a rest Ref

Boswell - I think most members feel that way, Ref Off Ref is a bit like a poor comedian desperate for laughs

Berko v Cockfosters FC

Darren Caseman replaces Steve Hawes, in an otherwise unchanged team.

Steve has damaged ligaments and his ankle, and could be out for a month or six! It’s too soon to tell. We’ve all got our fingers crossed for you Hawesy.

1957: Tony Burnett trips the offside trap to put the Comrades ahead. 1-0

2038: Berko are pegged back by a twice taken penalty converted by Tony Andreos, and we’re still playing due to stoppages. 1-1

It’s a first for me, but the game has been abandoned due to an injury to the match referee and the absence of a suitably qualified replacement!

Why didn't the senior Assistant Referee take over in the middle and a 'club linesman' found to act as Assistant Referee?

This is what occurred last season at the Broxbourne Borough V&E vs Hillingdon Borough when the Referee sustained an injury just before half time and I took over in the middle while one of the Clubs found someone to run the line.

On a slightly different note Pete - two of Hertford's players are trialling with Omonia Nicosia this week. I notice you support them!

I wish them well. Omonia Nicosia have recently changed their manager so I wonder if this will have an effect on them.

btw Who are the players and how did they end up getting a trial at my Club?

Santos and Dobson - Santos used to play for them - his agent sorted it out for Dobson, I think Santos is just going along for the opportunity to train with them for a week, his two knee injuries finished his pro career. I wish them both well but they (in particular) Dobson would be a big loss for the club.

your continual snide remaarks are getting exceedingly boring...give it a rest Ref

Boswell - I think most members feel that way, Ref Off Ref is a bit like a poor comedian desperate for laughs

What do you base that on Rhodes? Do these souls from beyond the grave contact you via a medium?

Wouldn't mind if clippy stuck to what he does well with his results service and helpful information, but having him preach about snide remarks is a little rich, if he is getting some reciprocation at the moment maybe there is a reason.

As much as Rhodes is disliked around here - your continual snide remaarks are getting exceedingly boring...give it a rest Ref:frown:

Haha you're having a laugh Bozzie, Rhodes invented snide remarks, or is it remaarks you relate to, the pupil learns from his teacher so I'm afraid this is only the start.......bonjour Bozzie.

Behave Rhodes, you love it, well except when I hit a bit close to home, which is most of the time haha.

Poor comedian or not, probably half of your 22k posts have been digs in one shape or form, the only difference is I am good at them, oh well must dash, am Live at the Apollo in an hour.

:stupid:

I actually agree with Clippy on this one!

Thanks, that has to be a first. Reading between the lines about Ref Off Ref, he seems a genuine enough bloke but, like Keeps, I think he's just a 'pushy parent' at the end of the day who no doubt wants the best for his son but doesn't go about it in the right way

Wednesday 13 October

South Midlands Senior Floodlit Cup First Round

0 4 Wormley Rovers v Tring Athletic

This sounded like a walk in the park for Tring Athletic last night:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1388

As much as Rhodes is disliked around here - your continual snide remaarks are getting exceedingly boring...give it a rest Ref:frown:

Haha you're having a laugh Bozzie, Rhodes invented snide remarks, or is it remaarks you relate to, the pupil learns from his teacher so I'm afraid this is only the start.......bonjour Bozzie.

okay reffie you win...this board loses. It's not a spelling or popularity contest, just a football message board/bored.

No Rhodes, I just agree that he isn't funny!

The thing is Ref Off Ref thinks he is funny which is worrying, anyway I've been told that he was a decent enough sort whilst he was with New Bradwell St Peter and wasn't afraid to roll up his sleeves to help out so you can't knock him for that

oh well there's always eBay I guess haha

See that's what I mean, it's not exactly Jasper Carrott or Bob Monkhouse stuff is it!

I actually agree with Clippy on this one!

Thanks, that has to be a first. Reading between the lines about Ref Off Ref, he seems a genuine enough bloke but, like Keeps, I think he's just a 'pushy parent' at the end of the day who no doubt wants the best for his son but doesn't go about it in the right way

Haha, nice quote, would love to see you explain what you mean but somehow don't think you will cheesy%20(2).gif