Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures & Results - Saturday 6 November

Saturday 6 November

Division 1

5 0 Kings Langley v Berkhamsted

Yes, there's a report on another's Forum:

SPARTAN SOUTH MIDS DIV ONE

Gaywood Park

KINGS LANGLEY 5-0 BERKHAMSTED F.C.

Attendance: h/c 120+ Official - need to wait for the Bulletin - they were doing their own h/c - fair smattering of away followers.

Admission : £4.00 + £1 Child - (I had the youngest with me today) Prog free 12 pp pretty good for STEP6 - some colour & plenty of info

Directions : Had driven past this ground many a time in the past, on my way to work at Apsley (in a long forgotten former life so little chance of even me getting lost this time.

Leave M25 @ jn 20 head North on the A4251 for about 2 miles - ground is down on the right hand side after leaving the 'village' - very busy/fast road - quite a few lay-bys available on both sides of the road for parking.

No turnstile - just a hut tucked in on the right - though they have built a sort of a fenced walkway for the players which you need to negotiate round/through to get to the clubhouse.

Facilities: Small clubhouse bar - this building houses a Tea bar and Dressing Rooms with a small car park along the side.

Tea Bar did a good and varied line of hot (-ish) food - my boy expressed approval of the Sausage and Bacon Bap.

Seems to be a Reserve/practice pitch off to the right - building is on a fairly steep bank above the grounds.

All of this is nestled down in between the main road, the Grand Union and the very busy railway line. Would imagine it is pretty 'damp' all year round.

Couldn't work out what the huge 'double-shed' affair was over by the Canal - didn't bother to walk round the other side to look - youngest was settled in his seat - once I'd gone back out to the car to get his coat!

There is a long low stand with two rows of approx 100+ cramped seats.

Match: Hosts pulled off a bit of shock win -even though it was 2nd vs 1st. 'Berko' had been 14-1-0 coming into this game but never got going on the soggy/sticky surface. They were well and truly thumped and lost top spot as a result. I'm sure they'll get back soon as they have 5 games in hand and this league seems to be packed with mediocrity across all three divisions.

Kings L played some good long stuff - their No 9 ran the away defence all over the place and it could have been far more than 5.

Rhodesy - Can you confirm that you were "unceremoniously" thrown out of the clubhouse at London Colney on Saturday? I have been told by reliable sources that you were - any reason given?

:409: ...that is the nuts thread, as Rhodes would have broadcast it 'All over the toilet paper like a rash', Paddy Power gives odds of 4/6 that he wont answer and 2/1 that he'll come up with an absolute 'blame everyone else' answer....:doh:

Edited by ref off ref

Rhodesy - Can you confirm that you were "unceremoniously" thrown out of the clubhouse at London Colney on Saturday? I have been told by reliable sources that you were - any reason given?

The Doog is King - I don't know how you got wind of that but yes, it's true I was asked to vacate the Clubhouse at Cotlandswick on Saturday. I think it goes to show how small minded London Colney are and I was very disappointed with the Club and Dave Brock in particular.

The mighty ex- Lord of the Tik Tok Manor removed from the London Colney clubhouse.

Surely there must be a simple explanation....

1.He'd just finished cleaning the toilets and hadn't changed maybe.

2.Perhaps trying to convince the Colney committee that he was their man if ever they wanted their clubhouse burnt down.

3.That for a small fee he could lead their club into the same promised land as he did with Tik Tok.

4.Maybe he started an arguement that playing in front of crowds of more than 4 wasn't appropiate.

5.Or that once he got his head inside the clubhouse there was no room for anyone else...

It has to be one of the above 5, chances are it could be all of the above 5 haha, chance are though as the topic is just a bit too close to home for comfort he'll decide to not answer, which will then leave the only option for people to choose from one of the above answers.

:539:

Rhodes thinks it is ok to come on a forum and slag off a club he knows nothing about, and then turn up and drink said clubs tea and eat said clubs biscuits as if all is forgotten , well london colney showed him the door in no uncertain terms , i wish i had been there to see it!!

Rhodes thinks it is ok to come on a forum and slag off a club he knows nothing about, and then turn up and drink said clubs tea and eat said clubs biscuits as if all is forgotten , well london colney showed him the door in no uncertain terms , i wish i had been there to see it!!

Patrick - For your information I was in the Clubhouse minding my own business and watching the tv when I was dragged into the boardroom by someone from Welwyn Garden City, that's when I was unceremoniously ejected but I had no intention of going in for a cup of tea and a few biscuits as I had a gut feeling London Colney might have a childish chip on their shoulder

Flesh on the bones from Saturday's games, attendances at Hatfield Town are now far more believable:

Premier Division

0 1 Broxbourne Borough v Oxhey Jets

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

2 1 Chalfont St Peter v Hertford Town

http://www.buckinghamshireadvertiser.co.uk/south-buckinghamshire-sport/chalfontstpeterfc/2010/11/08/saints-2-1-hertford-town-82398-27617010/

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/Chal_06_11_10.html

3 2 Colney Heath v Harefield United

5 1 Hadley v Aylesbury United

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/

2 1 Hanwell Town v Langford

2 3 Hatfield Town v Hillingdon Borough

1 0 Kentish Town v Leverstock Green

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20101106

2 3 Kingsbury London Tigers v Tring Athletic

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1394

0 2 Royston Town v Dunstable Town

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/sport/football/our_creativity_was_poor_says_attfield_1_720808

P St Margaretsbury v Haringey Borough

2 2 Stotfold v Holmer Green

http://www.stotfoldfc.co.uk/results.php?id=&mr=mr061110&scr=3&pg=results.php#mrpa

Division 1

2 5 Bedford Town Reserves v London Lions

http://www.londonlions.com/view_far.php?id=3399&Team_id=22&played=yes&Type=1

3 3 Buckingham Athletic v Wodson Park

1 3 Harpenden Town v Sun Postal Sports

4 2 Hoddesdon Town v Stony Stratford Town

5 0 Kings Langley v Berkhamsted

http://thecomrades.wordpress.com/

3 0 London Colney v Welwyn Garden City

1 2 New Bradwell St Peter v Cockfosters

P Sport London e Benfica v Crawley Green

3 1 St Albans City Reserves v Amersham Town

Division 2 (all 2.00pm)

7 0 Aston Clinton v MK Wanderers

4 1 Brache Sparta Community v Bletchley Town

6 1 Mursley United v Old Bradwell United

3 1 Padbury United v Winslow United

2 1 Risborough Rangers v Caddington

5 2 Tring Corinthians v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/tringcorinthiansfc/club_news.pl?news=445914

Reserve Division 1

2 2 AFC Dunstable Reserves v Kings Langley Reserves

4 1 Cockfosters Reserves v London Colney Reserves

2 4 Hadley Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

0 2 Hatfield Town Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves

3 2 Holmer Green Reserves v Stotfold Reserves

4 1 Langford Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves

3 1 Oxhey Jets Reserves v Royston Town Reserves

P Wodson Park Reserves v Ampthill Town Reserves

Reserve Division 2

0 5 Bletchley Town Reserves v Welwyn Garden City Reserves

0 1 Kent Athletic Reserves v The 61 FC Reserves

1 2 Old Bradwell United Reserves v Tring Corinthians Reserves

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/tringcorinthiansfc/club_news.pl?news=445796

3 6 Stony Stratford Town Reserves v Sun Postal Sports Reserves

3 1 Totternhoe Reserves v London Lions Reserves

Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Second Round

3 4 Renhold United v Totternhoe (aet)

2 4 Wilshamstead v Kent Athletic

1 3 Blunham v AFC Dunstable

5 3 Caldecote v Cranfield United

0 1 The 61 FC v Bedford

0 6 Wootton Blue Cross v Ampthill Town

Berks & Bucks FA Junior Cup Second Round (all 1.30pm)

4 2 E&H v New Bradwell St Peter Reserves

4 0 Great Horwood v Risborough Rangers Reserves

1 4 Wendover Reserves v Buckingham Athletic Reserves

The Doog is King - I don't know how you got wind of that but yes, it's true I was asked to vacate the Clubhouse at Cotlandswick on Saturday. I think it goes to show how small minded London Colney are and I was very disappointed with the Club and Dave Brock in particular.

I'm surprised you are allowed anywhere near ANY Football club Rhodes. You give the game a bad name.

Ericshere2stay - Why do you say that, in what way can I possibly give the game a bad name

Premier Division

2 1 Chalfont St Peter v Hertford Town

http://www.buckingha...82398-27617010/

http://www.hertfordt...l_06_11_10.html

A brief report on this one from another's Forum, going by what it says surely this statement in Hertford Town's match report above is somewhat misleading: 'A great second half performance from the Blues could have easily stolen a point but will give them good confidence going into next weeks home game against Hillingdont Borough.':

Spartan South Midlands League ~ Premier Division

Chalfont St Peter 2

(22,34)

Hertford Town 1

(80)

Venue: Mill Meadow

Programme: Yes

Attendance: 104

Looking at the final score you would think this was a close game... it wasn't. Chalfont should have got double figures. One man prevented this however, the visitors goalkeeper, who was simply outstanding.

Patrick - For your information I was in the Clubhouse minding my own business and watching the tv when I was dragged into the boardroom by someone from Welwyn Garden City, that's when I was unceremoniously ejected but I had no intention of going in for a cup of tea and a few biscuits as I had a gut feeling London Colney might have a childish chip on their shoulder

Patrick - Further to my earlier post, London Colney were largely responsible for the sad demise of Tokyngton Manor following their un-necessary antics at the Viking Sports Ground towards the end of last season. Had they just rolled up their sleeves and agreed to play the game on 21 April, as Holmer Green professionally did two days earlier, then Tokyngton Manor may well have still been in the SSML.

Patrick - Further to my earlier post, London Colney were largely responsible for the sad demise of Tokyngton Manor following their un-necessary antics at the Viking Sports Ground towards the end of last season. Had they just rolled up their sleeves and agreed to play the game on 21 April, as Holmer Green professionally did two days earlier, then Tokyngton Manor may well have still been in the SSML.

cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif.....Rhodes, are you serious or have you just forgot to take your medication.

Edited by ref off ref

cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif.....Rhodes, are you serious or have you just forgot to take your medication.

Oh, he is serious!!!

Ref Off Ref - I'll be interested to get Wisezola's take now he has left Cotlandswick as he was Manager there at the time. The Officials gave the two Club's the option to play the game and London Colney didn't want to know yet they were all for playing it at Cotlandswick the following night